Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000) RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000) RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000) RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000) RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000) RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000) RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000) RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000) RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000) RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000) RakiaPower is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BrosefMengele View Post
    Me it's just not knowing which freaking fret it SHOULD be that I am playing next. Like I said that is why I have to learn the solo before hand.

This makes me a joke of a guitarist, to me..
    Well you have to learn some solos before, you are not Hendrix. But for some "freestyling" if you know chord progression then just play around that chord. Also scales (which I have never learned) should give you the idea of what note should come next. Same goes for playing bunch of solos when you start recognizing some patterns that you can apply anywhere.

MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My father tought me basic chords, and i learned Yesterday and Day Tripper by The Beatles by ear. That was 1994 and internet was not expected for a few years
    Always pick #6 crew
    +Positive Crew+
    ┌∩┐(︺︹︺)┌∩┐Men Going Their Own Way Crew ➥

latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RakiaPower View Post
    Well you have to learn some solos before, you are not Hendrix. But for some "freestyling" if you know chord progression then just play around that chord. Also scales (which I have never learned) should give you the idea of what note should come next. Same goes for playing bunch of solos when you start recognizing some patterns that you can apply anywhere.
    Truth.

And instead of just rrunning through scales. Blindly take notice of the key and play around with the. Notes. Scales are just meant to drill your fingers like soldiers anyways but knowing where the notes are on the neck and not just blindly running through them will pay big dividends in the end
    "it takes a wise man to know when he is in error and a noble man to admit to it"

💀🐐Black Metal Crew🐐💀 BrosefMengele's Avatar
    BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It took me a good 10 years of diligent playing to be able to play this like this guy. This homeless bum was a huge inspiration to me.
    Mark 16:11
    But Mary told them that Jesus was alive. She said that she had seen him, but the followers did not believe her.

Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Me it's just not knowing which freaking fret it SHOULD be that I am playing next. Like I said that is why I have to learn the solo before hand.
    This makes me a joke of a guitarist, to me..
    Regarding your conundrum:

If I were asked?.....I'd suggest that one start learning the language of music to whatever degree necessary to achieve your desires.
    That is how one will improve which will allow you to communicate with those far better than yourself.

Yes....that's the path I took....(2) years music major, (10) years in live bands, writing/recording my own material for decades and collaborating with many fine musicians.
    Most I would say were better than myself.

But....you may not be that interested in that protocol for self improvement.

To each their own path....back to topic.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 07-13-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    Original music: www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmYcIL6o8a-DkUEJ1NNzOSg?view_as=subscriber
    Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.

latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Regarding your conundrum:

If I were asked?.....I'd suggest that one start learning the language of music to whatever degree necessary to achieve your desires.
    That is how one will improve which will allow you to communicate with those far better than yourself.

Yes....that's the path I took....(2) years music major, (10) years in live bands, writing/recording my own material for decades and collaborating with many fine musicians.
    Most I would say were better than myself.

But....you may not be that interested in that protocol for self improvement.

To each their own path.
    This cant be disputed from a certain point of view. Its a question. Of do you just want to play your favorite aongs if so use tabs or do you want to learn music.

Just cause a person can play an insturment it does not make them a musican.

If you study music as the post suggest. Yes you will have a free mind capable of branching out and discovering new things. Which is great and how i too. Recomend a beginner to start out or if you iust want to mimic or duplicate your fav songs you can do tabs and pull off the carbon copy.but you will likely be traped in that box

Bottom line if you want to grow learn music theory if you just and only just want to have fun go with tabs.

I openly admit to tab learning. Ive studied some music theory but like i said i have no ear. Hell i cant even tune up with out a tuner.
    "it takes a wise man to know when he is in error and a noble man to admit to it"

BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by latverian41 View Post
    Just cause a person can play an insturment it does not make them a musican.
    Exactly, like I said compared to others I consider myself a joke guitar player even though to normies I could definitely appear like a real musician.

My focus has been in fingerpicking (like folk guitar), and rythm playing.

I love backing up the lead player. And I'm your guy at bonfire jam sessions.
    But Mary told them that Jesus was alive. She said that she had seen him, but the followers did not believe her.

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't really play guitar, but I taught myself how to play a few songs from practicing and experience on an old guitar we found. First song was "Smoke on the Water" because it was easy. Then I learned "Hey There Delilah" since I liked the song. Then i learned "Wonderwall" because it would be funny to play for girls. I'd like pick up a guitar and they'd be like oh you play? and I'm like yeah, and start busting out Wonderwall, Smoke on the Water, and Hey There Delilah in that order. That's the extent of what I know from memory, and could probably figure out a couple of other songs if I tried.

I taught myself some songs on the Piano too, my favorite one being the piano track for "Still D.R.E.". I was at a company wide holiday party, maybe like 800 people there. There's just a piano sitting in the dead middle of the room. Some people are playing legit music, and I walk over and sit down to my coworker who's a legit player. He's like what song you want to play? and I'm like deadass I know Mary Had a Little Lamb, Hot Cross Buns, and Still DRE. He's like I'll play the low background part, and you do the main. I start with a small leadup and then transition into the main riff, chit was hilarious, people started going nuts.
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *6'3" Master Race Crew*
    *6 Figs Crew*

"Because the thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There’s no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people … well, some people would rather die. Each of us gets to choose.”

Originally Posted by JStrez View Post
    I don't really play guitar, but I taught myself how to play a few songs from practicing and experience on an old guitar we found. First song was "Smoke on the Water" because it was easy. Then I learned "Hey There Delilah" since I liked the song. Then i learned "Wonderwall" because it would be funny to play for girls. I'd like pick up a guitar and they'd be like oh you play? and I'm like yeah, and start busting out Wonderwall, Smoke on the Water, and Hey There Delilah in that order. That's the extent of what I know from memory, and could probably figure out a couple of other songs if I tried.

I taught myself some songs on the Piano too, my favorite one being the piano track for "Still D.R.E.". I was at a company wide holiday party, maybe like 800 people there. There's just a piano sitting in the dead middle of the room. Some people are playing legit music, and I walk over and sit down to my coworker who's a legit player. He's like what song you want to play? and I'm like deadass I know Mary Had a Little Lamb, Hot Cross Buns, and Still DRE. He's like I'll play the low background part, and you do the main. I start with a small leadup and then transition into the main riff, chit was hilarious, people started going nuts.
    Thats the beauty of music mate. Fun and good times and memories

Ive heard people hate on this song or that song or this artist and. That artist. And always remember this. Those same people if a song came on they talked against. Probably cause they felt it was uncool or against their style. Just look at their feet. If they are in time and going with that song then their mouths may say one thing but their body is telling a different story. Its hitting them in all the right places.

Originally Posted by JStrez View Post
    I don't really play guitar, but I taught myself how to play a few songs from practicing and experience on an old guitar we found. First song was "Smoke on the Water" because it was easy. Then I learned "Hey There Delilah" since I liked the song. Then i learned "Wonderwall" because it would be funny to play for girls. I'd like pick up a guitar and they'd be like oh you play? and I'm like yeah, and start busting out Wonderwall, Smoke on the Water, and Hey There Delilah in that order .
    Fukkin LOL

This is what you should learn:

Last edited by BrosefMengele; 07-13-2020 at 01:12 PM.

StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did you use tabs or by ear?

No shamming for tablature cause these were your first.

What were they?
    Tabs, but that was a mistake, I never had a good ear but I should've trained it by forcing myself to try more, instead I just went on ultimateguitar

First ever song, just the initial riff

Second song

Damn, makes me wanna pick up my lespaul again, it's getting dusty
    I got this

Originally Posted by StainlesSon View Post
    Tabs, but that was a mistake, I never had a good ear but I should've trained it by forcing myself to try more, instead I just went on ultimateguitar

First ever song, just the initial riff

Second song

Damn, makes me wanna pick up my lespaul again, it's getting dusty

I know. Should have locked our selves in a room with cream albums and not come out till they were mastered like eddie did.

But thats why. We are doing what we do and they are doing what they do. Putting in the time and work is everything.

brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nightwish - Ever Dream by using chord charts. I didn't know what chords were so I just played single notes instead of chords.
    Golden hands
    Illuminated miscers: ScottTil
    Agents of chaos, disorder and hate: ItsWhatIDo, jeffl1980, MEDITATE, 2am

GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GODself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tabs.

And first songs were More than Words and Fast Car
    Right Wing Crew
    Political Incorrectness Crew
    Rock/Metal Crew

aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000) aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000) aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000) aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000) aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000) aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000) aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000) aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000) aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000) aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000) aceroa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I never actually learned a lot of covers. I maybe learned 3-4 songs before I just started writing my own music. These are 2 of the songs I learned to try out for bands when I was younger. And yeah I used tabs

Mexican Crew

Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hicksbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't remember. Probably Sunshine Of Your Love minus the solo and House Of The Rising Sun. Spent like maybe 5 hours total on tabs, learned everything by watching people on youtube and after a while just started learning by ear. I am reasonably sure now I could learn 95% of pop/rock/blues/folk/country songs by ear alone. Not into metal, but I probably lack the technique to pull it off, nor am I used to listening to 10000 notes per minute so it would be harder to figure out. I am mostly into jazz these days like John Scofield but I only really got into Jazz the last 2-3 years and moreso on the listening part, it would be hard to figure out what they are playing exactly by ear (aside from small bits). I suspect I'd need to really sit down and study and spend hours and hours trying to play alongside records and study some theory to learn Jazz, unfortunately I don't have the time these days to do it, plus since I have no ambition to be a pro player it would seem like a large time and effort commitment just to be able to play jazz to myself (though that would be really cool since I am now bored with blues, pop, rock and other stuff).

brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000) brosapiens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Truth.

And instead of just rrunning through scales. Blindly take notice of the key and play around with the. Notes. Scales are just meant to drill your fingers like soldiers anyways but knowing where the notes are on the neck and not just blindly running through them will pay big dividends in the end
    Scales on guitar will give you "shapes" which you can use to navigate the fretboard easily. That won't be musical in any sense until you get some experience and some musical intuition going on.
    That said, those shapes will greatly help once you learn arpeggios. You will then be able now follow the chord progression and play chord tones while having the surrounding scale shapes helping you hit those extra sweet embellishing notes.
    Golden hands

Originally Posted by brosapiens View Post
    Scales on guitar will give you "shapes" which you can use to navigate the fretboard easily. That won't be musical in any sense until you get some experience and some musical intuition going on.
    That said, those shapes will greatly help once you learn arpeggios. You will then be able now follow the chord progression and play chord tones while having the surrounding scale shapes helping you hit those extra sweet embellishing notes.
    Not sure if you are arguing against what i said or just adding on to it.

Not sure if you are arguing against what i said or just adding on to it.
    Not necessarily arguing, only saying that running through scales will give you dexterity and also prepare you for learning arpeggios which will greatly improve your playing.
    So more like go through scales until it's second nature but don't stop there.
    Golden hands

Originally Posted by brosapiens View Post
    Not necessarily arguing, only saying that running through scales will give you dexterity and also prepare you for learning arpeggios which will greatly improve your playing.
    So more like go through scales until it's second nature but don't stop there.
    Totally agree.

ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ParsleyTea is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The first guitar song I learned to play might have been Boys Don't Cry by the Cure. I believe someone showed me how it's played.

I remember being shown how to play the Pink Panther theme song early on too.

Originally Posted by ParsleyTea View Post
    The first guitar song I learned to play might have been Boys Don't Cry by the Cure. I believe someone showed me how it's played.

Reps for henry mancini

Pink panther is awesome. Both the movies and cartoon

Originally Posted by ParsleyTea View Post

The Pink Panther theme is a good song to learn early on. Very jazzy and will make your ears start working.
    Golden hands

Originally Posted by Hicksbrah View Post
    jazz
    Man of culture

Check thIs out

JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JudasKiss12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Started with tabs when I was 13. Been playing 17 years now. Great investment.

For the first year or two I would just learn riffs/hooks of songs and show off to my friends. The first two songs that I actually sat down and learned front-to-back were "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica (solo sounded easy) and "Estranged" by Guns N' Roses (I liked how it focused less on chords and more on single strings).

I use to think the worst part about life was growing old and being alone but now i know the worst part is growing old and being with someone who makes you feel all alone.

I use to think the worst part about life was growing old and being alone but now i know the worst part is growing old and being with someone who makes you feel all alone.

Good song, great musican/songwritter but my problem is i do love the one im with

Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wayne Evans has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What a coincidence....I just uploaded my play-along of this song some weeks ago.
    Thought this might be interesting to a few here that may have the desire to learn it....or not.

Thanks to any that gave it a view....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZulCEdieBmQ

Back to it....
    Original music: www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmYcIL6o8a-DkUEJ1NNzOSg?view_as=subscriber
    Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.