marioenouel is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help! Will Hiking ruin my goals?

So, this is the deal. I love backpacking. Usually trails that average 14km (plus 14km back). They're usually overnight trips.

Nutrition wise, I'm on a body recomp program where I'm eating 200g of protein (except on my cheat day in which I aim for 160g).

How would I go about backpacking? Less protein intake on those two days? We're talking about a once or twice a month thing.

What type of foods would you guys recommend? Maybe up the protein on nonhiking days?

Thanks a lot.

currently about 240lbs, about 26%BF. Working on loosing about 40lbs of fat and gaining about 10lbs of muscle.

During the pandemic, I'm eating 2000cal. Will up the amount once I go back to the gym.

Also, 27yo, not sure why it says 50yo on the side.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Try it, it's only once or twice a month so it's not very likely. If you are not able to follow the progression plan of a routine like Fierce 5 as a result of the extra activity then yes.

Recomping is more likely to be tripped up by only eating 2000 cals which is quite low - closer to a full on diet phase for most.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 07-13-2020 at 07:56 AM.

nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickj2306 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So from my experience i would say if your looking to lose 40lbs, worry about that. To recomp like i did starting 8 months ago it takes a ton of diligence and tracking. Both weight and gains at the gym. I am still at about 20% BF and after i get back from our family vacation next week I am starting a very slow cut. If your not able to train in the gym at maximum effort and you want to enjoy the warm weather and do your hiking i would put yourself in a caloric deficit and lose fat. When training resumes get your most accurate TDEE and macros and go slightly over. Train hard and enjoy the results. I hope you enjoy the great outdoors. seems to be one of the few safe places right now.

Registered User NxUrAvgMealPrep's Avatar
    NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'll just need to increase your daily caloric intake. Monitor you weight each morning using an app like 'Happy Scale' and adjust every 2 weeks or so

Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NxUrAvgMealPrep View Post
    You'll just need to increase your daily caloric intake. Monitor you weight each morning using an app like 'Happy Scale' and adjust every 2 weeks or so
    This.

Continue to consume adequate protein and fat on a daily basis. Increasing your energy usage and intake shouldn't mean you need to decrease protein.

I hike a ton and will just consume additional calories on those days. When I hike 14+ miles I will likely consume 1000 more calories than on days where I am not as active.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Short answer no. But you’ll have to experiment with meal timings and workout days vs hike days etc to get you the best performance on your hikes and during your workouts. Its really only something that YOU can figure out by trial and error. Just start with some obvious things like hike day vs leg day to space those out, etc. And just tweak it from there.
    Superbus est, qui loquitur in prouerbiis Latinis.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Help!

I need some hiking..

Help!

Not just any hiking...

Help!!

You know I need to hike...

Heeeeeeelp!
    The power of carbs compels me!