Betterdays1122 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should i continue cutting?

Hello everyone,

Been cutting since last october and started weight training in march on and off due to the quarantine gyms were closed now am back to heavy weight lifting

The problem is my body is not changing that much am eating around 1700 my tdee is around 2200

What should i do to get some results? Should i continue cutting or eat at maintenance??

Am 5'6

Starting weight 198lbs now at 165lbs
    Attached Images

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your first issue is inconsistent training.
    You burn less calories for fuel if your not training or now and then.
    Once you get consistent again i think you may lose some more.
    The other is you need to work on adding some muscle.
    The more muscle you have the more calories burned.
    You need an intense training protocol to grow feeling and working the muscle to stimulate growth.
    Define your goal to what your training for.
    Fat loss,muscle gain or both.
    Have a plan.
    Have a diet and training journal and record everything you eat and what training your doing sets and reps.
    Maybe stay where your at and try to gain some muscle.
    Keep protein intake on the higher end.
    Eat your carbs and fats before and after training.
    This is just the bare basics,good luck to you.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What has your WEIGHT done in the last 3 to 4 weeks? If not dropping, then you are not eating 1700 calories (or a deficit).

It is good you are lifting, BE CONSISTENT. You still have a good bit of fat, so 'seeing' changes in the mirror will be slow and hard to spot.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1. You are way over 20% BF and still have a lot of weight to lose.

2. If you aren't losing any weight then you are basically eating at maintenance so either you aren't eating at 1700 calories per day OR your TDEE actually is 1700 calories/day and not "2200".

One way or another you are going to need to eat less than you currently are if you want to lose the rest of the fat.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Your first issue is inconsistent training.
    You burn less calories for fuel if your not training or now and then.
    Once you get consistent again i think you may lose some more.
    The other is you need to work on adding some muscle.
    The more muscle you have the more calories burned.
    You need an intense training protocol to grow feeling and working the muscle to stimulate growth.
    Define your goal to what your training for.
    Fat loss,muscle gain or both.
    Have a plan.
    Have a diet and training journal and record everything you eat and what training your doing sets and reps.
    Maybe stay where your at and try to gain some muscle.
    Keep protein intake on the higher end.
    Eat your carbs and fats before and after training.
    This is just the bare basics,good luck to you.
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    What has your WEIGHT done in the last 3 to 4 weeks? If not dropping, then you are not eating 1700 calories (or a deficit).

It is good you are lifting, BE CONSISTENT. You still have a good bit of fat, so 'seeing' changes in the mirror will be slow and hard to spot.
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    1. You are way over 20% BF and still have a lot of weight to lose.

2. If you aren't losing any weight then you are basically eating at maintenance so either you aren't eating at 1700 calories per day OR your TDEE actually is 1700 calories/day and not "2200".

One way or another you are going to need to eat less than you currently are if you want to lose the rest of the fat.
    First of all i appreciate the replies

I will work on tracking my food intake closely starting from now and if i didnt lose any weight i will drop my calorie intake
    The good thing is my lifts are going up and am getting better at it day by day

Again thanks for the replies 🙂

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, you should continue cutting for a while yet

If you have stopped losing for more than 2-3 weeks then honestly re-assess how carefully you are tracking and make sure you are eating at a deficit

Glad to hear you are making progress in lifting, keep it up

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Yes, you should continue cutting for a while yet

If you have stopped losing for more than 2-3 weeks then honestly re-assess how carefully you are tracking and make sure you are eating at a deficit

Glad to hear you are making progress in lifting, keep it up
    Yes sure i will continue cutting till i get the look i desire

Thanks brother appreciate your reply

Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bushck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeah sure you should continue cutting..
    make sure your cutting plan lets say gym is consistent and have a proper diet.
    plus have some determination

SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Whether you choose to cut or eat at maintenance depends on your overall goals.