Tonii47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not feeling triceps where I should

I asked a few questions about training arms and optimal sets but I never asked about this since I wasn't sure what to do. I always had hard time growing my arms, triceps especially. When I was dirty bulking I somehow managed to feel triceps a bit(not much tho). After that period my triceps didn't grow at all(maybe 1 cm max in months of training) and I didn't felt it working once after that unfortunately. Whenever I am doing exercises where my arms are over and behind my head like overhead extensions or skullcrushers I just don't feel anything working. After that exercises I don't feel pump or something like that in my triceps and I am pretty sure I should feel that to be sure they were working, however sometimes I feel like my shoulders are pumped a bit. I thought my form was really bad but I asked my trainers to check my form and I filmed myself few times and my form was alright(from what I checked on some yt channels). I really dont know what to do or try anymore. Also to note that my left arm is significantly smaller than my right, which is easly seen when I am doing skullcrushers(my left long triceps head is underdeveloped). I broke my left arms few years ago so maybe that's also part of the issue, im not sure. Any help would be much appreciated.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How much do you bench and press
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    How much do you bench and press
    My max bench is 168 lbs and my Military press (OHP) is 95 lbs. My bodyweight is 152 lbs. I am focusing a lot on OHP because it is pretty bad.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're 2 lbs lighter than when you complained about your arms a few months ago. Your arms aren't likely to grow much if you're losing weight at your size, but more importantly don't obsess with your arms or OHP as it's unlikely those are the only things you need to work on.

Progress with a balanced, proper program and eat at a slight surplus, and over time your triceps will grow with the rest of your body. You're not going to feel your tri long head much if there's no muscle there yet. If you try to do more volume for things you feel are lagging right now, everything will suffer.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You're 2 lbs lighter than when you complained about your arms a few months ago. Your arms aren't likely to grow much if you're losing weight at your size, but more importantly don't obsess with your arms or OHP as it's unlikely those are the only things you need to work on.

Progress with a balanced, proper program and eat at a slight surplus, and over time your triceps will grow with the rest of your body. You're not going to feel your tri long head much if there's no muscle there yet. If you try to do more volume for things you feel are lagging right now, everything will suffer.
    Thank you for advice. My weight has been around that 150 lbs mark for few months now. Terms of OHP I am not worried that much since I know why I cant press that much. When it comes to arms,Ii havent been able to feel them and they have been same for few months so thats why asked here whats the matter with that. I am following Vikings upper/lower still with more arms exercises(I couldn't resist not doing them since I am stubborn lmao) so would you advise me to continue following that how its written or should I follow something else now? My main priority is bringing up my compound numbers and arms, I am happy with other muscle groups tho.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off to stimulate muscle growth IMO you need to feel it when working it.
    If you don't feel a particular movement it's probably not the right one for you to do.
    First though try different angles and or one arm at a time.
    I broke my left elbow years ago and have a similar issue as you for growth on that arm,for me i can not fully extend my left but can on my right arm so i do more one arm work than two or do a non lockout style with two arms.

Other factors could be a possible shoulder issue effecting the tricep or diet issue with not enough carbs before training to get a pump.
    The majority of carbs should be taken before and after training for the most part.
    This is all speculating though but maybe this might help you.
    Good luck.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tonii47 View Post
    Thank you for advice. My weight has been around that 150 lbs mark for few months now. Terms of OHP I am not worried that much since I know why I cant press that much. When it comes to arms,Ii havent been able to feel them and they have been same for few months so thats why asked here whats the matter with that. I am following Vikings upper/lower still with more arms exercises(I couldn't resist not doing them since I am stubborn lmao) so would you advise me to continue following that how its written or should I follow something else now? My main priority is bringing up my compound numbers and arms, I am happy with other muscle groups tho.
    If you added more arm exercises to Vikings U/L then you're not following it as written. As prescribed it's prob already more volume than you need - so I think it's less about what program you choose but following a good program consistently over time as written.

If you keep adding arm exercises to good programs and staying @ 150 lbs, I think you'll keep finding yourself unhappy with your arm growth over time.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    First off to stimulate muscle growth IMO you need to feel it when working it.
    If you don't feel a particular movement it's probably not the right one for you to do.
    First though try different angles and or one arm at a time.
    I broke my left elbow years ago and have a similar issue as you for growth on that arm,for me i can not fully extend my left but can on my right arm so i do more one arm work than two or do a non lockout style with two arms.

Other factors could be a possible shoulder issue effecting the tricep or diet issue with not enough carbs before training to get a pump.
    The majority of carbs should be taken before and after training for the most part.
    This is all speculating though but maybe this might help you.
    Good luck.
    That is exactly why I started this thread in the first place. I can feel every single muscle group except triceps and triceps are my least developed muscle group so I was sure that not feeling triceps was why my triceps is bad. I never had issues with my shoulders tho ,they are my well developed muscle group. When it comes to single arm extensions thats where my left arm is pure garbage. I legit tried many one arm exercises for long head but I just do not feel my left triceps working or stretching. I do feel my right one when I am doing it on its own but my left no. Its funny how I dont feel any of the triceps working on exercises where both arms need to work but when its unilateral i feel my right one but not left and left one is lagging more.