rwdoyle17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about supplements and taking off a week from lifting

I've currently been working out very heavily for the past 7 weeks. I began by taking creatine, glutamine, protein shakes, multi-vit., and liver tabs to help me gain strength and mass.

I want to take next week off from lifting and concentrate on cardio only. I have gone up about 20% as far as strength is concerned, but have not really dropped much body fat. I have heard it's a good idea to give your muscles a good week-long rest from time to time, and I plan on doing this next week.

My question is about my supplementation. Should I stop the creatine, liver tabs and glutamine during this week? I can see where there would be benefits to continue the glutamine and liver tabs, but I'm concerned that the excess creatine will hurt my effort to lose some water weight and fat during this week. Should I continue taking the creatin through next week, or stop and begin a loading phase again after the week of cardio is through?

Thanks...

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Creatine will help with endurance etc - unless you're short on cash, there's no reason to stop, unless you believe in creatine cycling. Results will seem somewhat less pronounced, but then you can't expect much from one week of cardio.