Dean562727 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Beginner program recommendation [15M]

As the title says, I'm looking for a program for a beginner teen. Ive lifted 3 months ago with coaches and feel in love with it and would like to do it again. I'm a complete beginner and am looking for a program.

Thanks!

Edit: btw I looked at the Juggernaut program a dit was for intermediates and people said I shouldnt run it and I nerd something more beginner-ish. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dean562727; 07-11-2020 at 01:28 PM.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi, glad to hear you've started lifting and have found enthusiasm for it. That is what will give you the long term commitment needed for awesome results.

Head over to the workout program forum, there are a couple of really good ones in the stickies. Usually for a complete novice 3x per week full body is recommended. This is due to your higher ability to recover, which allows you to work each body part much more frequently (hence full body 3x per week). In addition it gives you loads of practice on the big lift movements such as squat, deadlift, bench press etc.

Some good ones it is worth checking out are:

Ice cream fitness
    Fierce 5
    Vikings bare bones
    Strong lifts

Some of them will seem a little simple to you but don't be deceived. You are not at the point yet where you need to worry about endless isolation exercises for each body part or complex movements to hit small muscle groups. The best thing for you right now is to focus on large, compound lifts to give you the maximum bang for your buck in terms of mass and strength gains. Many people start off on a bro split (different bodypart every day) and see results but in reality this does not give you the optimal number of growth periods per week that you can currently handle.

Hope this helps

Dean562727 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Hi, glad to hear you've started lifting and have found enthusiasm for it. That is what will give you the long term commitment needed for awesome results.

Head over to the workout program forum, there are a couple of really good ones in the stickies. Usually for a complete novice 3x per week full body is recommended. This is due to your higher ability to recover, which allows you to work each body part much more frequently (hence full body 3x per week). In addition it gives you loads of practice on the big lift movements such as squat, deadlift, bench press etc.

Some good ones it is worth checking out are:

Ice cream fitness
    Fierce 5
    Vikings bare bones
    Strong lifts

Some of them will seem a little simple to you but don't be deceived. You are not at the point yet where you need to worry about endless isolation exercises for each body part or complex movements to hit small muscle groups. The best thing for you right now is to focus on large, compound lifts to give you the maximum bang for your buck in terms of mass and strength gains. Many people start off on a bro split (different bodypart every day) and see results but in reality this does not give you the optimal number of growth periods per week that you can currently handle.

Hope this helps

Thanks! Just looked at Ice cream and really like it. Is there a downloading PDF so that I can track my progress?
    Last edited by Dean562727; 07-11-2020 at 06:09 PM.

nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't worry about a PDF, just make a log in Google sheets on your phone or something. Also, in my opinion you should remove shrugs from the program and replace the rows on day 2 with chin-ups. The reason they aren't in the program is that the guy who wrote it was too fat to do them.

Also, how much are you going to eat? If you're trying to lose fat, ICF is probably not for you (you'll probably stall on all the lifts), and fierce 5 or Viking bare bones would be a better option.