Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

12-15 rep range good for building muscle?

Im currently on a 35 rep goal 3 sets for bench and most shoulder related exercises due to an injury i had a while back and im lifting lighter weight in the meantime while i gain my shoulder strength back as i used to work between 6-10 range.

TLDR: is 12-15 rep range good for muscle building?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes it can be. As to whether it will help work around an injury - that's another matter. You still have to work hard and reach close to the point of failure (even more so with higher reps). What this does to your reinjury risk is hard to say.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you have a shoulder injury, I wouldn’t bench. Period.

Do high incline instead.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    If you have a shoulder injury, I wouldn’t bench. Period.

Do high incline instead.
    You'd do the exercise that requires more shoulders?

I'm confused lad.

OP Adding more reps isn't lightening the real stress. less weight is only really less if you do the same number of reps with less weight.
    And since higher rep work requires closer to failure work in general to be productive, chances are raising reps is the exact opposite of what to do...
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Starley has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post

I'm confused lad.

OP Adding more reps isn't lightening the real stress. less weight is only really less if you do the same number of reps with less weight.
    And since higher rep work requires closer to failure work in general to be productive, chances are raising reps is the exact opposite of what to do...
    Ive already recovered from my shoulder injury but i was in fear of re injuring my shoulder joint and i feel as if when i do say 180 for 8-10 reps i can instantly feel more stress on the shoulder joint when i unrack the weight however when i have the weight down to 150 and im doing 12-15 reps i dont feel the stress on my shoulder joint as much however it does give a crazy pump when im near failure i dont really feel any discomfort in my shoulders. Not sure if i would now but i dont wanna risk it until im feeling stronger again

I'm confused lad.

I probably sound like a dumbass with that reply but im no lifting genius anyway ty for helpful comment.

Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yes it can be. As to whether it will help work around an injury - that's another matter. You still have to work hard and reach close to the point of failure (even more so with higher reps). What this does to your reinjury risk is hard to say.
    ^^^

Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Starley View Post
    I probably sound like a dumbass with that reply but im no lifting genius anyway ty for helpful comment.
    Not a dumbass at all. That's why this place is here my guy. So we can learn : ]

Take care of yourself bro.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ive already recovered from my shoulder injury but i was in fear of re injuring my shoulder joint and i feel as if when i do say 180 for 8-10 reps i can instantly feel more stress on the shoulder joint when i unrack the weight however when i have the weight down to 150 and im doing 12-15 reps i dont feel the stress on my shoulder joint as much however it does give a crazy pump when im near failure i dont really feel any discomfort in my shoulders. Not sure if i would now but i dont wanna risk it until im feeling stronger again
    so static hold feels like stress but high reps doesn't, that's interesting.

Not sure what to make of it, shoulders are tricky and possibly need professional rehab planning.
    5 day full body crew

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're working out in the gym, consider using a BP machine as you regain strength. Even if you normally don't like to use them, the seated hammer strength machine with the plates isn't bad and it may take some stress off your shoulder regardless of rep range. Of course, whatever weight you lift on that won't be one-to-one transferable back to regular BP.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    so static hold feels like stress but high reps doesn't, that's interesting.

Not sure what to make of it, shoulders are tricky and possibly need professional rehab planning.
    May be worth checking out the bench form sticky in the exercise forum. It's got some good points about keeping your shoulders retracted even when unracking.

Relying mostly on the shoulders to unrack may be causing strain from the start especially when unracking a heavier weight.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'm confused lad.

Because the shoulders are in a better position to press. When I tore my supraspinatus I tried everything from PT to external rotation with little teal blue dumbbells and nothing helped, until I started pressing overhead again with lighter weights and more reps.

The point is to use more shoulder. Lots of people have been injured benching because the stressed placed on the anterior shoulder so some semblance of balance is in order.

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    May be worth checking out the bench form sticky in the exercise forum. It's got some good points about keeping your shoulders retracted even when unracking.

Relying mostly on the shoulders to unrack may be causing strain from the start especially when unracking a heavier weight.
    Always bench with a spot. They way you don’t have to lose that tightness when you protract your arms to get the weight out of the rack

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you're working out in the gym, consider using a BP machine as you regain strength. Even if you normally don't like to use them, the seated hammer strength machine with the plates isn't bad and it may take some stress off your shoulder regardless of rep range. Of course, whatever weight you lift on that won't be one-to-one transferable back to regular BP.
    I endorse this message.

Flat bench aggravates my shoulder to no end, so I just press overhead or at an incline, or use machines/plate loaded levers since I have no aspirations to be a power lifter.

anonymous
    It depends on your injury and recovery

My shoulders are pretty worn out so I prefer Hammer Strength for 20-30 reps with occasional heavier sets once in a while, or dumbbells for 10-20 reps

Because the shoulders are in a better position to press. When I tore my supraspinatus I tried everything from PT to external rotation with little teal blue dumbbells and nothing helped, until I started pressing overhead again with lighter weights and more reps.

The point is to use more shoulder. Lots of people have been injured benching because the stressed placed on the anterior shoulder so some semblance of balance is in order.
    I'd argue that's likely a bench technique issue, and failure to retract and depress the scapular enough, if you bench with your shoulders I agree it's stress

Always bench with a spot. They way you don’t have to lose that tightness when you protract your arms to get the weight out of the rack either this or unrack with butt up
    I endorse this message.

Flat bench aggravates my shoulder to no end, so I just press overhead or at an incline, or use machines/plate loaded levers since I have no aspirations to be a power lifter.
    ^^
    5 day full body crew

^^
    Or a type 3 acromium that leaves little to no room for error.

The butt up thing never worked for me, at least not the closer I got to 270+

Or a type 3 acromium that leaves little to no room for error.

The butt up thing never worked for me, at least not the closer I got to 270+
    That's odd, presuming the rack isn't set too high but up should make it fairly easy to unrack while keeping shoulders pinned.
    but we all have our quirks
    5 day full body crew

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post

i always retract my shoulder blades and bend the bar outward before i unrack but theres still always going to be tension on the shoulders while benching

Smile

That's odd, presuming the rack isn't set too high but up should make it fairly easy to unrack while keeping shoulders pinned.
    but we all have our quirks
    Some of us aren’t built to bench flat. Except floor press never bothered me. IDK maybe I’m just different

Some of us aren’t built to bench flat. Except floor press never bothered me. IDK maybe I’m just different
    Hmm, how much less RoM did you have on floor press,
    I presume it was that that made the difference, It would also align somewhat with incline being fine for you since both avoid elbows dropping past the parallel line of your torso as much.
    5 day full body crew

Hmm, how much less RoM did you have on floor press,
    I presume it was that that made the difference, It would also align somewhat with incline being fine for you since both avoid elbows dropping past the parallel line of your torso as much.
    Bar was about 2” off my chest