Errorproxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Vertical grip barbell for bad shoulder and bad wrist benching?

I've been benching with dumbbells instead and it's not only the grip orientation but also the coming together and pulling apart of the hands as you go up and down that keeps the shoulder from being irritated.

I really want to bench again but don't wanna spend $300 on a vertical grip barbell to not have it work for me.

EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Errorproxy View Post
    I've been benching with dumbbells instead and it's not only the grip orientation but also the coming together and pulling apart of the hands as you go up and down that keeps the shoulder from being irritated.

I really want to bench again but don't wanna spend $300 on a vertical grip barbell to not have it work for me.
    Read this:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=170735501
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym pics: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177315891&p=1583348411&viewfull=1#post1583348411

thanks

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did you mean parallel grip?
    I think you did after seeing the link.
    True you don't know if it will help or not but the on thing i always say on equipment is it's a one tome but then you'll have it forever.
    Your DB BP is very similar so i think a swiss/football type bar would work for you.
    The other things you might want to think about is how you BP with a regular oly bar.
    Elbows more tucked to the sides,using a false/thumbs under the bar,board presses 2 or 3 high or even floor presses.
    I have a swiss bar from Elite FTS and really like it but yes it is an investment.

When I bench with dumbbells I usually do a more 60 degree supinated bench. It's more comfortable that completely vertical.

So I should be buying slanted one's right.

I'm considering buying this one. Not too expensive and I like that cambered part.

[elitefts cambered-swiss-bar.html