ImExtremelyFat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Good diet for losing weight?

I’m 18, 6 foot, and weigh 330. I’ve started working out about 20 minutes a day every day for 3 weeks and I started dieting 4 days ago but I’m not sure if it’s a good diet? I’ve been eating only cottage cheese and protein bars for every meal, and having chicken broth whenever I get cravings. It’s been keeping me full but I’m finding it hard to want to eat it anymore and I also noticed that it’s been harder for me to workout. I don’t know if it’s because of the diet or just because I’m not getting enough sleep. Should I keep going forward with it or is there any other diets I should try? Is there a better way to get rid of cravings??

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How many calories are you eating, and why are you only eating TWO foods?

This approach is wildly deficient in just about everything but gas.
    The power of carbs compels me!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Why not eat lot of vegetables? Things like salad vegetables, broccoli, spinach, carrots, beans etc. will all fill you up very well with hardly any calories.

Plus, you won't get scurvy.

ImExtremelyFat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    How many calories are you eating, and why are you only eating TWO foods?

This approach is wildly deficient in just about everything but gas.
    It’s about 350-400 calories every meal, and I have it 3-4 times a day, and I want to lose weight so I thought doing that would help a bit.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ImExtremelyFat View Post
    It’s about 350-400 calories every meal, and I have it 3-4 times a day, and I want to lose weight so I thought doing that would help a bit.
    That is going to hurt more than help. Pretty soon, your cravings will get worse, micronutriental deficiencies could arise, pallet fatigue, etc. All leading you to rebound anything you lose. Plus, that seems miserable.

Eat less calories than you burn = fat loss. Not specific foods, or restrictions of specific foods (or, in your case, almost all foods).
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^^^^^

fix the diet asap
    positive crew

jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ImExtremelyFat View Post
    I’m 18, 6 foot, and weigh 330. I’ve started working out about 20 minutes a day every day for 3 weeks and I started dieting 4 days ago but I’m not sure if it’s a good diet? I’ve been eating only cottage cheese and protein bars for every meal, and having chicken broth whenever I get cravings. It’s been keeping me full but I’m finding it hard to want to eat it anymore and I also noticed that it’s been harder for me to workout. I don’t know if it’s because of the diet or just because I’m not getting enough sleep. Should I keep going forward with it or is there any other diets I should try? Is there a better way to get rid of cravings??
    1. you should not be eating only 2-3 foods. You need fiber and micronutrients and you cannot get these with protein bars and chicken broth and cottage cheese.
    2. eat protein from chicken breast, egg whites, greek yoghurt, cheese, whey and also eat vegetables and fruits and other low calorie foods, some healthy fats... as long as you remain on a slight calorie deficit, you should lose weight.
    3. do not starve yourself.
    4. yeah, if you don't get enough sleep and if you are on a calorie deficit and you only eat 2-3 stuff, you will have cravings and you will be more tired.

RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    PLEASE read the nutrition and losing fat sticky threads. Your diet sounds awful and completely unsustainable - crash diets like this are the reason people rebound and put weight back on. Ideally you should be eating the way you'd like to eat for the rest of your life.

razzac is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Why not eat lot of vegetables? Things like salad vegetables, broccoli, spinach, carrots, beans etc. will all fill you up very well with hardly any calories.

Plus, you won't get scurvy.

Hahahaha I can imagine myself posting something like this at 18, but I’m glad the exact thought I had was posted as the second response to TS. WHAT ABOUT THE VEGETABLES

I feel like this is what happens when generations of kids are taught that bread and soup is the foundation of a sound diet