i3arty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is my self made workout routine any good?

Hi all

So i been working out with my routine, and i was thinking if there is some way to improve it. It takes me roughly 1 hour to 1:10h, quite long would be nice to have a workout done in 40 min or so but 1 hour is not too bad.
    I mainly watched videos of athleanx, and based on his information i built my own workout routine.
    Goal : Muscle mass gains/hypertrophy
    I'm 82kg, 182cm, 23yo
    Here it is

Monday + Thursday (Biceps and back)
    -Weighted Chin ups - 3x12 5kg
    -Chin curls (I jump up then go down half way then up, half way down then up, just to give it extra pump) 5-9reps x 3
    -Assisted Chin-ups 5reps x3 (After chin curls i go right into assisted chin-ups till failure, usually 5 reps and im done...)
    This is a super set no these 3 exercises are sort of 1

Then i go to Banded curls 15kg each hand 9 reps
    Then Bicel curl sitting 17.5kg x 12 > super set 12kg x 9 <<< x 3 Sets
    Then Dumbbell "curl trifecta" (standing, 1 curl with supination of wrist, 1 curl of pronation, 1 curl of external curl = 1 rep, i do those 7 reps x 2sets)

I do 2-3 min rests between depending on how pumped i made the muscle and how much rests i feel i need.

Is there anything i should substract and exchange for some better exercises that will give me better results instead?
    How does it look overall to you guys?

Thanks !

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks incomplete, but what's there doesn't look good. I'd recommend other programs but can tell you want to do your own routine and won't want to give up the "curl trifecta", so will let others suggest improvements.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any reason for doing this specifically?

No gym access? Limited Equipment?

There are MUCH better options for you, gym access or not. But, with access to a gym, there are MUCH MUCH better options for you.

Also, are you only doing these workouts (back and bi"s) each week? Are you not, or not wanting to, target any other muscles?
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do some push ups, dips and pistol squats. Those are all bodyweight exercises. I do pistol squats in my swimming pool, much easier.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, I hate to hear that you are wheelchair bound. Assuming you have no use of your legs, I'd still incorporate chest, shoulders and a little tricep into your workout.

(Seriously? 23 years old and only doing a back and bicep workout?)

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    OP, I hate to hear that you are wheelchair bound. Assuming you have no use of your legs, I'd still incorporate chest, shoulders and a little tricep into your workout.

(Seriously? 23 years old and only doing a back and bicep workout?)
    I read the first part of your post and scrambled to edit mine. Thought I missed the wheelchair part and was being insensitive lol
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He might be walking with 2 canes, and not using a wheelchair. That's why there are no legs. Think of Mr Glass from Unbreakable.

Lol, you gave me good laugh but it's my totally fault😂 Sorry guys I totally forgot to mention, i was sure 100% i mentioned that im only asking if my bicep/back routine is good but i do have other exercises

I mainly asked this for my bicep/back routine which I do on Monday/Thursday
    I have Triceps/chest and a bit of shoulder day on Tuesday-Friday. And then I have Legs/abs, shoulder and cardio day on Wednesday-Saturday

Equipment i have : Threadmill, Dumbbells, bar bell, bench and pull up bar.

Originally Posted by i3arty View Post
    You should do some horizontal pull. That would be dumb bell rows and/or Pendlay rows. Don't let the term horizontal pull confuse you. It will be a vertical movement, but you are bent over and your arm is extended. If the earths gravity was off by 90 degrees, you could do a true horizontal pull. But it isn't, and there is nothing you and I can do about it.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by i3arty View Post
    Lol, you gave me good laugh but it's my totally fault😂 Sorry guys I totally forgot to mention, i was sure 100% i mentioned that im only asking if my bicep/back routine is good but i do have other exercises

I mainly asked this for my bicep/back routine which I do on Monday/Thursday
    I have Triceps/chest and a bit of shoulder day on Tuesday-Friday. And then I have Legs/abs, shoulder and cardio day on Wednesday-Saturday

You having a shoulder day tells me more about your program than what you do for back/biceps.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    You should do some horizontal pull. That would be dumb bell rows and/or Pendlay rows. Don't let the term horizontal pull confuse you. It will be a vertical movement, but you are bent over and your arm is extended. If the earths gravity was off by 90 degrees, you could do a true horizontal pull. But it isn't, and there is nothing you and I can do about it.
    Dumb bell rows additionally to my workout plan or exchange it for some exercise. I feel like banded curls, work on my forearm more + it affects my true bicep exercise which is sitting curl, if i do banded curls i need to go with 17.5kg, if i dont i can go 20kgx12 then drop weights and drop set with 14.5kg. And then i feel really pumped up bicep.

I think i will exchange banded curls for horizontal pull and see if its good.

But overall the workout plan, the exercises and reps/drop sets looks good for hypertrophy?