AKG16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Loose skin after VSG surgery-teen

I’m planning on doing the VSG surgery soon and I’m concerned about the loose skin I’ll have later. I weigh 370 lbs and am 6 ft 2 in. I hope to lose 200 lbs within about a year or so, and I’m 17. Will loose skin eventually tighten, or will I most likely need plastic surgery? I plan on doing strength workouts and exercise to build muscle and minimize this.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AKG16 View Post
    I’m planning on doing the VSG surgery soon and I’m concerned about the loose skin I’ll have later. I weigh 370 lbs and am 6 ft 2 in. I hope to lose 200 lbs within about a year or so, and I’m 17. Will loose skin eventually tighten, or will I most likely need plastic surgery? I plan on doing strength workouts and exercise to build muscle and minimize this.
    No way of knowing for sure, but age & time is definitely on your side as far as minimizing the chances of loose skin.

But obesity vs. loose skin is not even a fair fight, I would take having loose skin any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.