DarrylB75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Supplement Advice

Hey guys!
    After 3 months of exercise and a keto diet I lost 25 pounds (200, now I'm 175). Now its time to hit the gym and build muscle, but I dont want to gain any more access weight after working so hard to take it off. I'm also sticking to the keto diet for a little longer.
    My question is, what supplement would you recommend (and brand name) I take to build muscle but stay at my desired weight.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
    Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Not a good idea to diet without weight training - you will be losing muscle mass as well as fat.

You don't need supplements, just the right number of calories and the right amount of protein. Head over to Nutrition forum and read the sticky threads there. Protein powder can be useful to top up protein levels but generally it's better to get as much as possible from whole foods.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You didn't lose weight because of "keto," you lost weight because you were at a caloric deficit to TDEE and eating in that style helped you achieve the deficit.

You're not going to gain muscle mass if you're still eating at a deficit to TDEE. Also, gaining mass means you're going to gain weight. Muscle mass weights something.

Your issue here is a lack of understanding of nutrition and biology. Until you fix that issue, don't waste money on supplements.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DarrylB75 View Post
    Hey guys!
    After 3 months of exercise and a keto diet I lost 25 pounds (200, now I'm 175). Now its time to hit the gym and build muscle, but I dont want to gain any more access weight after working so hard to take it off. I'm also sticking to the keto diet for a little longer.
    My question is, what supplement would you recommend (and brand name) I take to build muscle but stay at my desired weight.

Thanks
    It's going to be hard to build muscles on a keto diet - especially long term.

lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by yourinception View Post
    It's going to be hard to build muscles on a keto diet - especially long term.
    That's also not true. You can still create a surplus to TDEE, meet your macros, train in a progressive manner and get rest and still limit your carbs. Would most people want to do that? I don't think so, but that doesn't mean it would be hard necessarily.

Retired account

yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    That's also not true. You can still create a surplus to TDEE, meet your macros, train in a progressive manner and get rest and still limit your carbs. Would most people want to do that? I don't think so, but that doesn't mean it would be hard necessarily.
    Well, yes, I agree, it is possible, but with saying it's hard, I meant exactly what you said at the end - that most people (probably) won't do it. Also, studies confirm that long-term ketogenic diet is far from a healthy one..

Originally Posted by yourinception View Post
    Well, yes, I agree, it is possible, but with saying it's hard, I meant exactly what you said at the end - that most people (probably) won't do it. Also, studies confirm that long-term ketogenic diet is far from a healthy one..
    Okay. That makes sense.

Define "healthy." It can mean anything, thus it means nothing. I'm not a fan of the current, "Gotta be keto, gluten-free, non-GMO, IF," bs trend of dieting, but I'm also not exactly sure we can start labeling these things just yet either. Especially on hyper-subjective terms.

Retired account

FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100) FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100) FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100) FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100) FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100) FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100) FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100) FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100) FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100) FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100) FitNHonest is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by DarrylB75 View Post
    Hey guys!

Thanks
    The same supplements i would recommend anyone take:
    Whey protein. If you want a lean one go for isolates and drink with water. If you care about taste unsweetened almond milk and whey protein.
    Always reccomend a greens supplement and fishoil. More information in the links in my signature.
    Signature deleted due to violating forum rules. Read forum rules before posting another Signature.