fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

lockdown worrying signs ?

Im really hoping that the symptoms ive been getting lately can be put down to my leg workouts over the years and tight muscles etc...

But lately ive been struggling to walk the length of me, ive not worked out since the lockdown and pretty much been working from home eating and sleeping... but when i walk any kind of distance i get crippling pain in my calves... and lower back pain also.

This could just be injuries/strains now rearing their head that im unactive... as it cant be from having weak calves as i used to do a lot of standing calve raises with heavy weight on shoulders.. my calves are big!

Ive not wanted to bother gp right now with it due to more serious situation going on... but im starting to worry it could be something more serious.

Has anyone else ever done something to their muscles that when inactive constantly hurts or tightens up ? i was always the worst person for lifting heavy... running then not stretching.. so i know this may well be the culprit.

thanks.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    **I'm just a random internet weirdo and not medically qualified**

Sounds like a few months of not being active, your body has adapted to that new requirement very well, too well...

Just gradually try to get active, longer walks, stretching etc. But of course start tiny and increase slowly --> Last thing you want to do at this stage is overdo it and get some embarrassing injury and then be unable to train when gyms reopen

Edit: don't be an idiot like me and get an achilles injury, those heal really really slowly

fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    **I'm just a random internet weirdo and not medically qualified**

Sounds like a few months of not being active, your body has adapted to that new requirement very well, too well...

Just gradually try to get active, longer walks, stretching etc. But of course start tiny and increase slowly --> Last thing you want to do at this stage is overdo it and get some embarrassing injury and then be unable to train when gyms reopen

Edit: don't be an idiot like me and get an achilles injury, those heal really really slowly
    Thanks Tom much appreciated it was just playing with my head how i can hardly walk without needing to stop every 30 feet due to strong pain in my calves yet when i worked out they were one of my strongest muscles.

As mentioned i really hope its just years of wear and tear finally catching up now theyve had time to rest properly and not some circulation issue...

yeah will do babysteps until gym reopenings

canuck07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had severe low back and calf pain caused by taking Creatine. If your taking creatine stop.

Originally Posted by fendertele View Post
    Im really hoping that the symptoms ive been getting lately can be put down to my leg workouts over the years and tight muscles etc...

But lately ive been struggling to walk the length of me, ive not worked out since the lockdown and pretty much been working from home eating and sleeping... but when i walk any kind of distance i get crippling pain in my calves... and lower back pain also.

This could just be injuries/strains now rearing their head that im unactive... as it cant be from having weak calves as i used to do a lot of standing calve raises with heavy weight on shoulders.. my calves are big!

Ive not wanted to bother gp right now with it due to more serious situation going on... but im starting to worry it could be something more serious.

Has anyone else ever done something to their muscles that when inactive constantly hurts or tightens up ? i was always the worst person for lifting heavy... running then not stretching.. so i know this may well be the culprit.

thanks.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by canuck07 View Post
    I had severe low back and calf pain caused by taking Creatine. If your taking creatine stop.
    That's a new one. How did you determine creatine was the cause?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

canuck07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not new just rare. I found a few other reports of this happening to others online. I figured out it was the creatine because it was the only change to my diet/lifestyle. I could barely walk like op, and im healthy. This was 2 years ago. l decided to try the creatine again last month, and after the first scoop my lower back began tightening up the next day. I threw the whole jar in the garbage. Pretty scary for me.

Theres more reports if you search creatine and back pain.

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    That's a new one. How did you determine creatine was the cause?

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by canuck07 View Post
    Not new just rare. I found a few other reports of this happening to others online. I figured out it was the creatine because it was the only change to my diet/lifestyle. I could barely walk like op, and im healthy. This was 2 years ago. l decided to try the creatine again last month, and after the first scoop my lower back began tightening up the next day. I threw the whole jar in the garbage. Pretty scary for me.

Theres more reports if you search creatine and back pain.
    Thanks! Interesting.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire