PhilKG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Can someone help out a brah? (Both Shoulders Pain, burning/tingling)

Hey guys I need some help.

Back in February I was playing golf and then the next day BOTH of my shoulders starting burning/tingling pain at the middle anterior portion of my shoulders. Again both of them the exact same.

So i went to physio and they ruled out impingement and said it was a strain and gave me stretches/exercises to do which I had been doing, your typical external rotations, infraspinatus stretches,pec stretches ect...

Well now we sit in July, the burning sensation/tingling sensation is still present at both the front of my shoulders and really it has been unchanged.

So the good thing is i corrected my posture and I have great posture now, my shoulders sit back nice and when I sit at my office my screens are high and I sit with my back straight, I walk often and I don't do any lifting.

The thing is i can't afford to keep going to a physio/doc as its getting too much.

So my routine is usually pec stretches every day, infraspinatus stretch every 2 days and every 3 days I do RC work, light work. Now I am not sure if this helps but if I stretch my pecs I get this burning sensation thats goes through quickly after I stretch through my chest and to under my shoulder/armpit area.

Now there is no sudden sharp pains, I don't have difficulties to lift my arm, no pain, I can basically place my arms in anyway I want to without pain. It just seems the burning/tingling is random, can happen any time of the day in any scenario, there's no one thing that causes it.

If you guys read this and may have had this strange thing before or know how to resolve it, I know you guys might think go to the doc ect but I just can't keep affording to do it now.

Anyway thanks guys I hope I can get rid of this soon😔

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I understand if you can't afford to go to a doctor right now, but that's really where you'll find your answers, other than getting random guesses on here. Once you're able to go, ask them to look into a potential nerve issue too, rather than just muscle.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I understand if you can't afford to go to a doctor right now, but that's really where you'll find your answers, other than getting random guesses on here. Once you're able to go, ask them to look into a potential nerve issue too, rather than just muscle.
    I know, I am just seeing if I can get some advice from someone who maybe has had a similar issue and can relate to, that maybe I can try something that helped them as now its been 5 months and I've seen barely any improvement.

I also forgot to ask, i do RC work twice a week. And have been for the last 5 months now.

Is it worth taking a week or two break from any stretches and RC work? My theory was that maybe I had been doing it too much and not letting my RC and other muscles just relax a bit

Any help would be appreciated

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No idea as I haven't examined you and have no medical qualifications. Based on your prior diagnosis, movement of arms/shoulder joint not causing any pain or limitations, and that the burning/tingling is so random, I'd guess it's nerve related.

Yeah it could be,

I mean as I am typing this there's no burning but I can feel it tingly at the back of my shoulders now and then sometimes radiates to my shoulder blade and to my pec.

Even sometimes my collar bone tingles or itches, I mean what the heck lol?

The thing is if its nerve related I'd have no idea how to fix a nerve issue?

Good thing there are doctors then. There are simpler treatments that often work without surgery, but first step is to get a proper diagnosis to determine if it's even a nerve issue and if so, how severe.

I do agree with you, just for me at the moment economic wise isn't great.

Do you think stretching everyday or two is too much?

Also do you think RC exercises twice a week is also too much?

Can't say, see above. However, if I had an issue that remained unchanged after doing stretching and RC exercises for 5 months, I'd probably look to change something in my routine. After getting a doctor to look at it too of course.

Originally Posted by michaelv92 View Post
    How is your form when benching? I had an impingement in my shoulder, couldn’t raise mt one arm far up and back. Try working on your form when benching. It may be making this issue worse.
    Since my injury during golf, and quarantine and where i stay gyms arent open, i havent been there for 5 months so essentially ive done no gym work for 5 months, just RC and shoulder/chest stretching

Just a little bump for anyone else who might know/help?

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PhilKG View Post
    Just a little bump for anyone else who might know/help?
    Everyone here is going to tell you to go to the doctor....
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover