Hawaiian shirt hoarder FAPhaggot's Avatar
    FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Hirebrahs - do cover letters matter?

I usually go for resume spam and only write cover letters for jobs I really want or think I'd be a good fit for (like maybe 20 out of my last 400-500 apps). But I'm curious to know if omitting them is hurting my odds. Hirebrahs, what do you say?
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    It depends.

If it's a "career" type job and the resume / letter is likely to go to the hiring manager then it's a good opportunity to add some context to your qualifications, interest, personality, etc. Can also help getting a foot in the door if HR screening pays attention, though sometimes HR also only forwards the resume itself on. It usually never hurts.

Side note: you're doing it wrong if you have to spam apply to "400-500" jobs.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Hawaiian shirt hoarder FAPhaggot's Avatar
    FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Side note: you're doing it wrong if you have to spam apply to "400-500" jobs.
    Do you even Monster, brah. I had to send about 50 apps for every interview even when the economy was GOOD.

"oh, BRB target jobs".

Yeah, and all my targets that I fit really well rejected me, that's why I've had to move on to jobs I don't give a chit about.

"BRB network"

That's why I had lunch and a hike last week with a guy I haven't seen in two years, just to find out his department was on hiring freeze, and why I texted a friend-of-a-friend yesterday that I've never even met to get the same word.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) biPipN has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by FA******* View Post
    "BRB network"

That's why I had lunch and a hike last week with a guy I haven't seen in two years, just to find out his department was on hiring freeze, and why I texted a friend-of-a-friend yesterday that I've never even met to get the same word.
    that is the worst for sure, totally going out of your way to meet someone only to hear them say their department will be laying off ppl, or they just hired someone with your exact qualifications...never hurts though cuz you never know what happens down the line

cover letters....so many interviews i went to the person will sit there and read my cover letter for the first time and asked me questions that were already answered on the coverletter...but perhaps someone else screening the applicants read it

MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If I was a young man again I would never even consider sending out a random resume.
    The faster you can get to the idea that your job opportunities are those that your network can provide you the better off you will be because then you will spend the time taking care of and cultivating your network.
    You don't know anyone in the field you want to work in? Go find a way to network and make friends in that field.

hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Both firms I worked for requested a cover letter, and I didnt give either of them one. Its not the 90's anymore lmao
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Bayern Munchen Crew
    German-Hungarian Crew
    AZ Sports Crew
    Idaho Brah
    TRUMP 2016
    Finance Crew
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Over 90% of muscle gain is stretching" - ReppinRyan & AnimalAdam