LJR20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I really need help with my supplement intake and mixing

Here’s a list of the products I have which are all purchased from myprotein website:

Weight gainer blend

Creatine Mono

AAKG powder

Citrulline malate powder

Beta alanine powder

multidextrin carbs

I use milk with my weight gainer shakes

I tend to use not from concentrate Orange juice For a mix of: 5g creatine and 2.5g AAKG

I’ve just ordered the beta alanine and citrulline malate

I would really like some advice on the following:

What would be the optimum supplements to mix (e.g - can I mix AAKG with creatine, beta alanine and citrulline?)

If not, could you just recommend a dosage and mix for me with the supplements above?

The multidextrin carbs I have a separate question - it mixes horribly as it’s all clumpy - I was thinking when I bought it that it’d be like, oats or something because I saw carbs and thought “well there’s and extra kcal to add to a protein powder if I run out of WG”

So if anyone could point me in a direction to use them up that’d be good.

Thanks!

smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ok, lets get a few basics out da way.
    First, the weight gainer is just food. So you take that any time you cannot get real, whole food into you; or to add calories to your daily intake depending on your needs/goals.

Second, creatine can be taken any time of day, with any liquid; just get 5g per day, every day, any time of day; it's not going to directly affect your workout for that given day. It's a saturation type supp so you just want to get it in you and maintain that level with daily dosages.

The dextrin is just carbs; so, again, use to meet your daily intake requirements of carbs; wouldn't hurt to take some before a workout though, or sip intra.

Ok, the AAKG and Citrulline are vasodilators, "pump products". They open blood vessels to increase blood flow and oxygen delivery to muscles which can be beneficial to people during training. I'm not going to make a dosage recommendation here because you need to do some homework on dosages. You should know what you're putting in your body, how much and why. I will say that I would start out with a smaller dosage than you read about so you can test your body's reaction. You may find you need less than initially thought. These products are typically taken 20-30 mins before training.

Beta Alanine...I've used BA before and noticed a difference in fatigue and strength. Some people take BA before a workout and it's found in some pre-workouts. But, more studies have shown it's more beneficial to just increase your levels with split, daily dosages rather than an "as needed" type supp..similar to creatine.
    The standard dosage is 1.5-2g in the morning and another 1.5-2g at night. Beware the tingles! I would only get them for about 2 days and then my body would adjust as I got saturated with it.

To answer you, yes, you can mix creatine, AAKG, citrulline and BA and consume all together. If you went this route, I'd do this pre-workout to get the most benefit from them.
    Again, I'm leaving the dosages up to you to read up on and determine where you want to start at.

Good luck and ask away!
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can mix any of it. Keep the creatine, BA, and maybe the CM; but don't purchase the others again.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good advice above. I'd even skip the BA. Unless you're training multiple or elongated sessions daily, or endurance training, there just isn't that much value to it. Plus, it works via saturation like creatine, so timing isn't relevant. Supp companies use it in Pre-workouts because of the paresthesia (the tingles) to make you think IT'S WORKING RAWR.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

LJR20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Ok, lets get a few basics out da way.
    First, the weight gainer is just food. So you take that any time you cannot get real, whole food into you; or to add calories to your daily intake depending on your needs/goals.

Second, creatine can be taken any time of day, with any liquid; just get 5g per day, every day, any time of day; it's not going to directly affect your workout for that given day. It's a saturation type supp so you just want to get it in you and maintain that level with daily dosages.

The dextrin is just carbs; so, again, use to meet your daily intake requirements of carbs; wouldn't hurt to take some before a workout though, or sip intra.

Ok, the AAKG and Citrulline are vasodilators, "pump products". They open blood vessels to increase blood flow and oxygen delivery to muscles which can be beneficial to people during training. I'm not going to make a dosage recommendation here because you need to do some homework on dosages. You should know what you're putting in your body, how much and why. I will say that I would start out with a smaller dosage than you read about so you can test your body's reaction. You may find you need less than initially thought. These products are typically taken 20-30 mins before training.

Beta Alanine...I've used BA before and noticed a difference in fatigue and strength. Some people take BA before a workout and it's found in some pre-workouts. But, more studies have shown it's more beneficial to just increase your levels with split, daily dosages rather than an "as needed" type supp..similar to creatine.
    The standard dosage is 1.5-2g in the morning and another 1.5-2g at night. Beware the tingles! I would only get them for about 2 days and then my body would adjust as I got saturated with it.

To answer you, yes, you can mix creatine, AAKG, citrulline and BA and consume all together. If you went this route, I'd do this pre-workout to get the most benefit from them.
    Again, I'm leaving the dosages up to you to read up on and determine where you want to start at.

Good luck and ask away!

Thank you very much - truly appreciate the time you taken to write that and I will take it all into account and do as you’ve said.

I will probably half my 5g one hit dosage of creatine in mornings into 2 separate 2.5g dosages. I’ll do this because I am doing a routine which sees me so exercise twice daily for 4-5 times per week. I might make a post about this though, with good detail - as I’m boxing training. Running in the AM and a mixture of exercises in the week in the PM.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LJR20 View Post
    Thank you very much - truly appreciate the time you taken to write that and I will take it all into account and do as you’ve said.

I will probably half my 5g one hit dosage of creatine in mornings into 2 separate 2.5g dosages. I’ll do this because I am doing a routine which sees me so exercise twice daily for 4-5 times per week. I might make a post about this though, with good detail - as I’m boxing training. Running in the AM and a mixture of exercises in the week in the PM.
    Creatine offers no acute benefits. There's no reason, nor benefit, to split the dose. You're overcomplicating it. Creatine is effective off of a muscular saturation basis. Take 3-5g a day for ~30 days any time of day; and then take most days a week after that to maintain your saturation level.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LJR20 View Post

Beyond what Matt said, you may need to increase the dosage daily in total, but there is ZERO reason to split the dose. If anything, the BA becomes more relevant for you, but timing of the intake still isn't going to change anything.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."