domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I reset during a cut?

Hi everyone,

I am currently cutting weight and running KS98's PPL (was also bulking on it), and I am doing double progression. It calls for a reset when not hitting the rep ranges. However, since I am on a cut, should I keep going with the same weights and reps I am stuck with in order to not loose any muscle mass?

Thanks for the answers.

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by domasikas View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am currently cutting weight and running KS98's PPL (was also bulking on it), and I am doing double progression. It calls for a reset when not hitting the rep ranges. However, since I am on a cut, should I keep going with the same weights and reps I am stuck with in order to not loose any muscle mass?

Thanks for the answers.
    I would follow the program as-written. If you're losing no more than 1% of your bodyweight per week, eating adequate protein and following a good resistance training program, it's unlikely you'll lose any muscle, unless you're already very lean.

domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    But wouldn't it make sense to keep going maximally in general? It did happen at some point on my previous cuts that when resetting, I couldn't even get to my original weight, not even saying going past the stall.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A program designed for building muscle while in a caloric surplus isn't generally the best choice to follow when cutting and in a caloric deficit.

IMO, in a cut you should lift as heavily as you can for as long as you can before having to drop the weight on sets due to strength loss from dieting. Even if this means going from something like 8 reps a set down to just 5 or 6 (and potentially adding an additional set to compensate for the reduced set volume).
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.