TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Keyboard recommendation? Reps

I've done a lot of research and decided I wanted a mechanical "brown" keyboard. I'm not opposed to RGB, but prefer a white backlight instead. I prefer having media controls. I found the following:

Corsair K95 - Looks like my best option although many enthusiasts say it's not worth it. No complaints on any of the features - $195 total

Logitech G815 - I didn't like that the keys don't have labels on them by default, and the volume wheel has no feedback, but otherwise it looks nice - $170 total

Code V3 - I like the minimalist design but it doesn't have any media controls. That, and it feels too minimalist to be paying so much for it - $190 total

I did look at other lesser known keyboard brands that enthusiasts talk about but I can't get over the fact that those keyboards are so minimalist, and they don't seem to have local support or a decent warranty.

You guys have any suggestions?

JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been using a Razer mechanical keyboard and I really like it, great quality.

ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ducky one 2 TKL
    LFC YNWA

***+***Breaking Bad is the GOAT tv show crew ***+***

Sixto Rodriguez

Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JayJ350 View Post
    I've been using a Razer mechanical keyboard and I really like it, great quality.
    razer has a horrible track record with quality... Ive never had a razer product work for longer than 6 months to a year

OP I love my Anne pro 2
    Luny plsss

ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i've owned a couple of logitech keyboards. don't get one with a volume knob/wheel. as soon as some dust gets inside it, which will be very quick, it will stop working properly.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Leopold 660m
    Ducky One 2
    Anne Pro 2

JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Smithers115 View Post
    razer has a horrible track record with quality... Ive never had a razer product work for longer than 6 months to a year

OP I love my Anne pro 2
    I mean their keyboards seem to be fine. I have a mouse from them that didn't seem to work that well, but this keyboard I got has been great.

swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TugOfPeace View Post
    I've done a lot of research and decided I wanted a mechanical "brown" keyboard. I'm not opposed to RGB, but prefer a white backlight instead. I prefer having media controls. I found the following:

Corsair K95 - Looks like my best option although many enthusiasts say it's not worth it. No complaints on any of the features - $195 total

Logitech G815 - I didn't like that the keys don't have labels on them by default, and the volume wheel has no feedback, but otherwise it looks nice - $170 total

Code V3 - I like the minimalist design but it doesn't have any media controls. That, and it feels too minimalist to be paying so much for it - $190 total

I did look at other lesser known keyboard brands that enthusiasts talk about but I can't get over the fact that those keyboards are so minimalist, and they don't seem to have local support or a decent warranty.

You guys have any suggestions?
    Corsair - Overhyped and over-priced garbage. I had a Corsair Strafe and after just over year of use the etching on the keys started to wear off and the keys started to turn greasy and oily (this is common on all keyboards that use the standard ABS plastic) The materials are very low quality and they charge extra cause "gaming"

Logitech - Haven't used any Logitech keyboards personally but I do remember trying one out at Best Buy one time. Hitting the keys felt weird and not tactical. I think they use their own proprietary switches compared to Cherry MX. I heard bad things overall regarding Logitech keyboards. Logitech mice are the GOAT, though.

Code V3 - I heard good things about this from programmers, but lack of media controls.

I bought a Das Keyboard 4 Professional with Cherry MX Brown at my local MicroCenter for $119.99 a year and a half ago and I have been using it every single day since. I love this keyboard. I know I am getting premium quality. They use high quality materials and the etchings on my keys have not even faded one bit. They laser-etch their keys so the lettering stays intact for years and years of heavy usage. Also, the media controls are great. There is a rewind, play/pause, forward button, sleep button, mute button, and a volume knob that is very satisfying to use. You can't go wrong with this keyboard. Yes it is +$100 but well worth it in my opinion. I know this keyboard will last me 10+ years without a doubt. Yes the plastic used on the keys is the same ABS plastic found on most other mechanical keyboards so the oil on your fingers will wear off onto the keys over years of use. But although my keys are starting to get oily, it is not as bad as the Corsair, so I know the plastic on this one is more high-quality. What you should do to minimize grease on the keys is wipe it down with an anti-disinfectant lysol wipe twice a week to clean it.

Another thing is that this keyboard's body is made of pure aluminum. It has a very heavy and sturdy feel to it and it never moves across my desk as I'm gaming or typing on it. 10/10 build quality.

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities."

-The wise and great Bruce Lee. RIP.

TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TugOfPeace has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by swolefnatic View Post
    Corsair - Overhyped and over-priced garbage. I had a Corsair Strafe and after just over year of use the etching on the keys started to wear off and the keys started to turn greasy and oily (this is common on all keyboards that use the standard ABS plastic) The materials are very low quality and they charge extra cause "gaming"

Logitech - Haven't used any Logitech keyboards personally but I do remember trying one out at Best Buy one time. Hitting the keys felt weird and not tactical. I think they use their own proprietary switches compared to Cherry MX. I heard bad things overall regarding Logitech keyboards. Logitech mice are the GOAT, though.

Code V3 - I heard good things about this from programmers, but lack of media controls.

I bought a Das Keyboard 4 Professional with Cherry MX Brown at my local MicroCenter for $119.99 a year and a half ago and I have been using it every single day since. I love this keyboard. I know I am getting premium quality. They use high quality materials and the etchings on my keys have not even faded one bit. They laser-etch their keys so the lettering stays intact for years and years of heavy usage. Also, the media controls are great. There is a rewind, play/pause, forward button, sleep button, mute button, and a volume knob that is very satisfying to use. You can't go wrong with this keyboard. Yes it is +$100 but well worth it in my opinion. I know this keyboard will last me 10+ years without a doubt. Yes the plastic used on the keys is the same ABS plastic found on most other mechanical keyboards so the oil on your fingers will wear off onto the keys over years of use. But although my keys are starting to get oily, it is not as bad as the Corsair, so I know the plastic on this one is more high-quality. What you should do to minimize grease on the keys is wipe it down with an anti-disinfectant lysol wipe twice a week to clean it.

Another thing is that this keyboard's body is made of pure aluminum. It has a very heavy and sturdy feel to it and it never moves across my desk as I'm gaming or typing on it. 10/10 build quality.

It looks nice.. but no backlighting at all? How long is the warranty?

In addition this has worse reviews on Amazon than the Corsair..

Bump.

I'm now considering either the Corsair K95 or the Steelseries Apex Pro.

I'm generally not looking towards the lesser known brands like Leopold, Ducky, etc because they have a short warranty period and not as good customer support.. any advice?

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ Well out of those two I'd go Corsair, I still have a K70 that's more that 5 years old and never had an issue. Their buggy software has gotten less buggy
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55

Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like my ducky MIYA pro Sakura edition

Yellow Fever Crew
    Never Lost a Streetfight Crew
    J-Drama Crew/
    Hana Yori Dango Fanclub Crew
    Boxing Crew

swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swolefnatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It looks nice.. but no backlighting at all? How long is the warranty?
    There is no back lighting. Back lighting is pretty overrated and is really not needed 99.99% of the time unless you are really new to typing with computers and need to look down to see where certain buttons are. As for decoration... meh I graduated from High School, I don't need tacky lighting effects on my keyboard.

Warranty is 3 years.

In addition this has worse reviews on Amazon than the Corsair..
    Umm, define worse reviews? They both have 4-4.5 stars on Amazon. More popular =/= better. But even if Corsair had "better reviews", I guess that would make sense as Corsair is a pretty mainstream gamer brand that teenagers would know more about compared to the Das, which their primary audience are older keyboard enthusiasts and office professionals such as myself.
    "Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities."

-The wise and great Bruce Lee. RIP.

lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I use a logitech k350 for my PC. I think it was cheap, but I've had it forever it feels like.
    San Antonio Spurs/Dallas Cowboys/Houston Astros/Georgia Tech/Baylor/UTA/Manchester United

chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrsschb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whatever you decide, make sure it has Cherry MX switches. I use browns.

Every other keyboard I've used with different switches I've had issues with. My logitech mechanical keyboards require constant cap replacements due to how often they break.
    MFC || C7 Crew

Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
    Whatever you decide, make sure it has Cherry MX switches. I use browns.

Every other keyboard I've used with different switches I've had issues with. My logitech mechanical keyboards require constant cap replacements due to how often they break.
    I've decided to go with a steelseries apex pro. Just going to wait for a sale though, everywhere has it for the max $200.. ridiculous.

I really need the media controls on my keyboard which is why I want it. It's either that or the corsair k95, but that keyboard is too gamerlike, IMO.

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew