Thread: I Need Help!!!!

FatguyAG is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I Need Help!!!!

My wife of 17 years just threw me away like trash and turned my four kids against me. I am 36 years old, 6'3" and weigh 380. I recently dropped from 465lbs but have stopped. I recently found I had thyroid issues and I am now on meds.I need motivation, advice, whatever that will guide me through my lonely journey.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat less, lift more, get a lawyer

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    But seriously just eat less. There are many ways to shave off those calories such as making portions smaller, cutting out snacking, cutting out soda or whatever combination you need to do. If you are eating a lot of fast food then replace some of it with more nutrient dense (fibre, protein, healthy fat) foods to keep you more satiated on less and avoid severe hunger. Whatever you do make sure you keep tracking to ensure you are meeting your target. If you can get some exercise in, do. Be it a 30 minute walk every day, resistance training, running, cycling, whatever. I promise you that at your current weight even such small changes will start to make a real difference and you should start to see rapid results.

That is basically it except to say stick at it and make sure any changes you make are ones you can sustain indefinitely. It needs to become the new normal not a 'diet'.

good luck

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FatguyAG View Post
    My wife of 17 years just threw me away like trash and turned my four kids against me. I am 36 years old, 6'3" and weigh 380. I recently dropped from 465lbs but have stopped. I recently found I had thyroid issues and I am now on meds.I need motivation, advice, whatever that will guide me through my lonely journey.
    If that bold part above isn't enough to "motivate" you I don't know what else any of us can provide in that regards.

But seriously, to get to your weight you really have to eat like crap, and a lot of it, and you probably barely move throughout the day. So yes, eating less and moving more is the answer. Fast food, pizza, soda, sugars, etc should all be omitted from your diet for the foreseeable future. Start walking, A LOT. Or get a bicycle, or any other form of just moving. If you have access to a gym even better, because strength training is the best way to maintain/build muscle while losing fat, which will result in an overall improved physique.

Go back 1 page, read the Dont Look Past the Basics sticky at the top. Good luck man.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.