JesterJase is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Smashing the weight Loss When do I start Lifting???

Hi guys I’m new to the weight lifting scenario previously I lost a lot of weight boxing training and running. This time however I would like to try and get my fat percentage down to around 8-15% mark and want to get the ripped physique. So I currently weight 16st 12 I was 20 stone about 2months ago. I have really cleaned up my eating habits and do a tone of cardio a day, Running skipping and some pad work. When is the right time to start lifting some weights. I find the scales dropping each week a massive motivator I’m worried if I start lifting the numbers won’t go down and I will lose motivation. Thanks for reading any tips and help will be greatly appreciated

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If the scale is your source of motivation then that may be a problem to start.

However, why not start by adding in resistance training while not adding too many more calories than what you are eating now, keep your cardio up if that's more important to you, ignore the scale and use measurements/pictures as your source of tracking?
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JesterJase View Post
    So I currently weight 16st 12 I was 20 stone about 2months ago. I have really cleaned up my eating habits and do a tone of cardio a day, Running skipping and some pad work. When is the right time to start lifting some weights.
    2 months ago. Srsly.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    2 months ago. Srsly.
    Yep, you should have started on day 1.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    2 months ago. Srsly.
    Yh I didn’t do any training to start with I just completed overhauled the way I treated food constant mindset that it was for energy to move and kept it in a deficit. So I should start adding some weights in I guess but slowly? Or forget scales altogether and just focus on what changes in mirror ?

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JesterJase View Post
    So I should start adding some weights in I guess but slowly?
    Already answered. When you lose weight without strength training your body will eat muscle along with fat. The goal is fat loss, so you should be lifting to preserve muscle while losing fat, which results in an overall improved physique.

Choose a strength training program from the Workout Program Forum stickies and follow it exactly as written.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Cheers for the reply will implement this