fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000)

A Good Cardio/Conditioning Workout

This is not meant for Strength I do my Strength training later in the day, but I really need to add some Conditioning that is not as boring as walking or running. So I was thinking of doing this routine.

15 Minute AMRAP
    - Trap Bar Farmers Walk 40meters (135lbs)
    - Sand Bag Over the Shoulder

Anything you guys think I should add or do differently?

chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fairbjosh View Post
    This is not meant for Strength I do my Strength training later in the day, but I really need to add some Conditioning that is not as boring as walking or running. So I was thinking of doing this routine.

15 Minute AMRAP
    - Trap Bar Farmers Walk 40meters (135lbs)
    - Sand Bag Over the Shoulder

Anything you guys think I should add or do differently?
    Are you strapped for cash? If not, get a Prowler. That paired with Farmers Walk will be excellent.

Prowler pushes/sled pushes/sled drags are great.

Don't like running (I'm with you), get a rope and jump rope. Set for time or count the reps.

You can do plate planks, too.

Set up a stack of plates on your left -- 25lb, 10lb, 10lb, 5lb, 5lb, 2.5lb, 2.5lb -- then plank. Move the plates from the left to the right. Repeat. That's a set/round. Rest and repeat.

Deck of cards is good, too, for lighter barbell exercises, kettlebells, or dumbbells.

Assign an exercise to a suit. The number is the reps, J/Q/K/A is 10. Joker is double or special exercise (bicycles, 500 jump ropes, whatever). Go through the whole deck.

fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chrisjustlifts View Post
    Are you strapped for cash? If not, get a Prowler. That paired with Farmers Walk will be excellent.

Prowler pushes/sled pushes/sled drags are great.

Don't like running (I'm with you), get a rope and jump rope. Set for time or count the reps.

You can do plate planks, too.

Set up a stack of plates on your left -- 25lb, 10lb, 10lb, 5lb, 5lb, 2.5lb, 2.5lb -- then plank. Move the plates from the left to the right. Repeat. That's a set/round. Rest and repeat.

Deck of cards is good, too, for lighter barbell exercises, kettlebells, or dumbbells.

Assign an exercise to a suit. The number is the reps, J/Q/K/A is 10. Joker is double or special exercise (bicycles, 500 jump ropes, whatever). Go through the whole deck.
    I have a prowler but I just moved into my neighborhood and the asphalt we have in our neighborhood is horrible and you can barely push it. In my old neighborhood I was able to push it.

You don't like Sandbag trainng?

chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a prowler but I just moved into my neighborhood and the asphalt we have in our neighborhood is horrible and you can barely push it. In my old neighborhood I was able to push it.

You don't like Sandbag trainng?
    Ah, I understand. That sucks, sorry to hear that.

I am not too familiar with sandbag training -- I've done some clean and press style work with a sandbag. I can't imagine it being too terrible for conditioning, though

Originally Posted by chrisjustlifts View Post
    Ah, I understand. That sucks, sorry to hear that.

I am not too familiar with sandbag training -- I've done some clean and press style work with a sandbag. I can't imagine it being too terrible for conditioning, though
    Yeah it sucks because nothing is as good as the Prowler and I have the old school Butcher one.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Even if you hate running, you might find riding a bike mildly enjoyable. Plus it won't interfere with your strength workouts later in the day, while farmer walks or over-the-shoulder carries might.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bear hug the sand bag and walk around with it. Its a new level of discomfort.

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    I do a few varieties of loaded carries and each one is brutal in it's own delightful way. Press your sandbag over your head and walk with it as well; you'll feel those. When your lockout starts to give, lower it to your shoulders and keep trucking.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Just finished the Circuit and it was pretty good but may add something.

I did Trap Bar Farmer Walks 115lbs, 120 feet and walked back with it for another 120 feet. Picked up the Sanbag (50lbs) and carried it on my right shoulder 120 feet put it down and picked it back up and put it on my left shoulder and carried it back (120 feet)

I did this as many times as I could in 15 minutes, I was able to complete the circuit 4 times.

My grip started to give out on the last circuit of farmers walk and lungs were feeling pretty good on the last Farmer Walk. What could I add after? Maybe some AB exercise, Air Squats, Lunges?

I just don’t want it to negativity effect my strength workouts.

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just finished the Circuit and it was pretty good but may add something.

I did Trap Bar Farmer Walks 115lbs, 120 feet and walked back with it for another 120 feet. Picked up the Sanbag (50lbs) and carried it on my right shoulder 120 feet put it down and picked it back up and put it on my left shoulder and carried it back (120 feet)

I did this as many times as I could in 15 minutes, I was able to complete the circuit 4 times.

My grip started to give out on the last circuit of farmers walk and lungs were feeling pretty good on the last Farmer Walk. What could I add after? Maybe some AB exercise, Air Squats, Lunges?

I just don’t want it to negativity effect my strength workouts.
    I'd suggest doing your conditioning after your weight training or on off-days. Doing it before a workout is probably going to affect your training in some way. If time is an issue, increase the weight on your farmer's carries and cut back on the distance and the time. I finish up most of my workouts with farmer's carries; the base of the workout is just grabbing the heaviest kettlebells I think I can handle and walk until my grip starts to give. Rest a minute and walk back. Four-five rounds of that doesn't take long and I certainly feel it.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins