1Fonzie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Fonzie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Fonzie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Fonzie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Fonzie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Fonzie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Fonzie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Fonzie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Fonzie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Stuck at 202 for weeks

So I started lifting for about 2-3 years but just took it seriously for a year now. I’ve gained muscle for sure and I started from 220 got to 190 on diet alone. I was overweight so I still couldn’t see my abs even at that weight.

I’m very active throughout the week with work and the gym. I’m in the gym 6-7 a week push pull legs. I do cardio on a treadmill 3 times a week. My diet is

2250 calories
    195 protein
    195 carbs
    75 fats

I was eating at 1800 and realized I was too low. So I bumped my calories up and I looked into what a “recomp” was and I think that’s what my body is going through. My clothes have been a lot tighter due to muscle gain and I lost a few inches off my waist. I see definition and a lot of muscle size but no abs or the “ripped” look.

At this point I have no idea what I’m doing to get ripped. I’ve looked up and tried a lot of things. I wanted to fast and see if that’ll work.

But if anyone has any advice please let me know I hope the information I gave you was enough

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You probably need to actively lose weight. Recomping from ~200lbs will not end with abs anytime soon. You would need to have the lean body mass of a champion bodybuilder to make that happen. Most people don't realise how much muscle they have vs. fat - it's usually less than you think so you have to lose a lot to get lean.

How long have you run the 2250 cal diet for - and what were your weigh-in results?

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You probably need to actively lose weight. Recomping from ~200lbs will not end with abs anytime soon. You would need to have the lean body mass of a champion bodybuilder to make that happen. Most people don't realise how much muscle they have vs. fat - it's usually less than you think so you have to lose a lot to get lean.
    This ^^^^

Unless you are 6' 4"+ tall you won't be seeing "Abs" at the 200 pound level.

~Buy a food scale and weight/measure/log literally everything that goes into your mouth. Figure out your maintenance calories and eat about 500 per day below that to lose about a pound of fat a week.

For example, if you are maintaining your weight on 2250 calories; 195 protein; 195 carbs; 75 fats Then you would need to be closer to

Calories 1750

Protein: 160g
    Carbs: 140g
    Fats: 61g

I am not saying that those are definitely the numbers that you have to hit, just that if you have been eating at 2250 and not losing any weight that going down to 1750/day may be what it takes to see movement on the scale.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A 5'10" and even with a few years training under your best you're definitely not going to be "ab lean" at 200 lbs, you may have to lose 30 lbs to get there. You're also definitely not going to recomp if you've already been lifting for a few years, that only really works for new lifters that have a lot of bodyfat to lose.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.