AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What intermediate program can you recommend me?

Lifting for 1 year now

Weight: 93kg (20% body fat, but looking to bulk up for 3 months from now, then cut)

PRs: DL: 200kg, Squat: 170kg, BP: 140kg

I have been running many PPL vatiations up to this point, some of them really bad, some more decent. I feel like I didnt find my strength/size dramatically increase during one specific variant, but a steady increase over the year.

After checking thr popular PPL programs more in-depth, with a relatively intermediate mindset rather than beginner, I've figured my current PPL is a little too much volume and not a very well thought through program.

So I've decided to start a proven intermediate program. I may even try an intetmediate upper/lower. I dont really care. My only requirement would be to do deadlifts, no matter the program.

Any program recommendations?
    Last edited by AndyBendy; 07-07-2020 at 02:08 AM.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AndyBendy View Post
    Lifting for 1 year now

Weight: 93kg (20% body fat, but looking to bulk up for 3 months from now, then cut)

PRs: DL: 200kg, Squat: 170kg, BP: 140kg

I have been running many PPL vatiations up to this point, some of them really bad, some more decent. I feel like I didnt find my strength/size dramatically increase during one specific variant, but a steady increase over the year.

After checking thr popular PPL programs more in-depth, with a relatively intermediate mindset rather than beginner, I've figured my current PPL is a little too much volume and not a very well thought through program.

So I've decided to start a proven intermediate program. I may even try an intetmediate upper/lower. I dont really care. My only requirement would be to do deadlifts, no matter the program.

Any program recommendations?
    The best general intermediate programs I've run were
    Calgary barbell 16 week. (free).
    Various barbell medicine programs (slightly expensive)
    Average to savage 2, by Greg Nuckols (practically free for 4 templates).

The last is the most flexible as the spreadsheet includes automatically anything from 2 to 6 day variants that auto-creates off your chosen assistance lifts.

These are all full body though Greg's can easily be an upper lower if you cut and paste lifts about.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    The best general intermediate programs I've run were
    Calgary barbell 16 week. (free).
    Various barbell medicine programs (slightly expensive)
    Average to savage 2, by Greg Nuckols (practically free for 4 templates).

The last is the most flexible as the spreadsheet includes automatically anything from 2 to 6 day variants that auto-creates off your chosen assistance lifts.

These are all full body though Greg's can easily be an upper lower if you cut and paste lifts about.
    Thank you, I'll have a look over them.

Though I'm afraid full body routines wont do anything for me anymore, but I'll see how may I modify them.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz

Though I'm afraid full body routines wont do anything for me anymore, but I'll see how may I modify them.
    Why? Progress is about appropriate stimulus (volume, tension, exertion). How you organise that into days does not need to affect that.

Sure a novice full body might not do anything... but the ones mentioned are not for novices - or can be adapted to anyone's requirements.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Why? Progress is about appropriate stimulus (volume, tension, exertion). How you organise that into days does not need to affect that.

Sure a novice full body might not do anything... but the ones mentioned are not for novices - or can be adapted to anyone's requirements.
    Based on my current intensity, I think that I wont be able to hit each muscle group enough in a full body routine. But yet again, maybe I will get better results from training a muscle lighter, but more than 2 days a week, who knows. I didnt have a look yet over them, but will do.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Unlikely, while there is a great deal of personal differnce to account for in programming I don't think there's such a thing as someone who won't respond to spreading the volume across the week this way.

It's certainly not a strength or advancement case as there are many highly advanced lifters running 4x or 5x full body

If you simply prefer upper lower that's another matter, I just don't know of any off hand
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000) IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000) IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000) IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000) IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000) IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000) IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000) IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000) IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000) IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000) IvanNorge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd recommend Candito's 6-week free program. It is focused both on hypertrophy and strength.

I've personally ran 4 cycles of it one after the other and have seen very good results (in a caloric surplus that is).
    Powerlifting 2020

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You'll do fine on full body at your numbers. Full body intermediate is more complicated than novice.

I ran the Calgary 8 week with numbers similar to yours and it worked great. Bryce's (who wrote the Calgary programs) numbers are much higher intensities than both of us and he still succeeds on that program.

Candito's program too is really good, I've run it many times and currently running it again
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5/3/1 boring but big template is good. Fierce 5 upper/lower. Fierce 5 LULPP inter/advanced is what I am currently running. Just pick the one you think you'll enjoy the most. The results between programs will be small.

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    All good recommendations but I'll second 5/3/1 and add in Madcow. Madcow is also free, simple and effective.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's weird but I always seem to go back to 5/3/1 no matter what other programs I have ran in the past. It seems to just do good for me in terms of my schedule, time to lift, recovery, etc. I like the slow progression since I'm not in a rush to add weight on the bar. I like the slow and steady approach in terms of longevity. There is also so many templates to mix and match to find out what works for each of your lifts (squat, bench, press, and deadlift).
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441