ColeSwaino is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sodium or plateau

hey

As of about 9 days ago, ive been on a little mini cut. I just got done lean bulking for a good 7 months, and put on a good amount of muscle, and got to around 16 percent fat. during my bulk I kept my sodium SUPER low so I didnt puff up and look bloated, cause thatd make me feel worse about myself and want to cut when i knew i needed to bulk a little.

So 9 days into the cut and my weight for the past 4 days has kinda been going up .2 and down .2, and as of today it went up .4. LOL i have no idea whats happening im eating the same exact amount, but i upped up my salt drastically so i could not look super flat. Do you think the sodium intake has something to do with it? or did i just hit a plateau. scale kinda looks like this ----------->

Day1 - 117.2 ( super dehydrated )

Day2 - 117.0 ( still dehydrated but upped up salt a little ) -

Day3 - 115.6 ( did an extra 30 mins of cardio that day and kept sodium same as day 2 )

Day4 - 116.2 ( upped sodiumand kept food the same )

Day5 - 116.0 kept food the same

Day6 - 116.2 kept food the same

Day7 - 116.0 - upped sodium and kept food the same

Day8 - 116.2 kept food the samev

Day9 - 116.4 - kept food the same

Thanks, as this is my second mini cut and my first one i didnt even track scale weight, i have no idea whats going on haha. Much love and thanks to anyone who responds - -- - 14 years old in a month

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At 13 years of age tracking calories so meticulously isn't advised.
    Currently: traveling + MA Forensic Psych

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Albania 2021, Scotland 2021

alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec935 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why not? Anyone can take command of their health at any age

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    At 13 years of age tracking calories so meticulously isn't advised.
    Yeah I know, but this is just a little mini cut to burn a little fat so I can lean bulk again for like 6 months. I plan on doing it for about a month, maybe a month and a half.

So yeah do you think i plateaued or is it just water weight? Thanks

Originally Posted by alec935 View Post
    I agree LOL

So what do you think aswell? Do you think its just water weight or did I hit a plateau? thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by alec935 View Post
    It can lead to an obsessive need for control - which is the basis for eating disorders.

It shouldn't be necessary at that age. Simply eating a good variety of mostly minimally processed foods ad libitum will do the job just as well without this risk. One could argue that this should apply to adults too - and it should. But often the damage is already done by then in terms of weight gain and poor lifestyle so more active intervention is required. Plus adults (usually) have the emotional maturity to keep calorie control in perspective.

OP: worrying about hydration constantly is not healthy. Based on what I've seen on this forum, it will lead to staying relatively small because you never allow the conditions to grow some real muscle - whereas if you did that, you would have definition without worrying about hydration.