Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by W1LLW View Post
    Besides the obvious "base" where we're on hands and knees with wide knees and hands of course. Giving up the back and begging to get strangled.

One position that I just know is gonna get me wrecked by blue/purple belt is sprawling with wide legs. When I'm in other white belts guard and they're working to get ahold of an arm, i just drive my head into their chest, get on my toes with my legs spread and just drain all their energy while they try to wiggle around under all my weight. I see the instructors walking around and one of them was smirking just shaking his head, I'm certain there's at least a dozen ways I can get destroyed with my head down and legs spread like that but we white belts now. we don't know what the fuk to do with these open opportunities lol.

cheers m8
    If they are able to push your head to one side they will take your back or Omaplata

Also, as another poster pointed out, you can easily get swept with no weight distribution over your opponents hips.

Personally I am a fan of chokes, so in the gi there are ezekiels, brabos that your position is a perfect set up for.

Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mica2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Best of luck! its a journey I hope to start too as soon as I get back to the city!

Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wrestled all through highschool. A little in college, but mainly joined this tiiiiiny ass mma gym that consisted of 8 guys blasting on each other multiple times a week. This was back when Matt Hughes was the baddest mofo in the ufc.

Got back into boxing like 2 years ago, and actively doing sessions on that but for whatever reason i just felt like i wanted the "rough n tumble" of bjj/judo/wrestling back in my life. Called a bunch of gyms in my area and the only one to get back to me with space open (covid times and all) was a gracie jiu jitsu gym. Going in as a humble rawdog white belt.

Looking forward to the awkward frustration of having a solid wrestling/fighting base but still getting wrecked by 150lb twinks for the next 3 months. Will report back with resalts.
    got my blue belt 11 years ago at 32, took ten years off just started training again a few months ago but this time for an amatuer mma fight.

Most people I am training with have no grappling experience and I have found the skills have come back pretty quick, I fell pretty comfortable on the ground.
    Done a few actual BJJ classes and have either held my own with white belts the same size as me, or pretty much got wrecked by everyone else.

Main thing is I forgot how fun it was... and your'e not sore during it, but sore after your'e home and showered + warmed down

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I could be wrong but i'm slowly discovering a large amount of the bjj community has a hyooooge salty/inferiority-complex toward wrestlers. bro just let me wrestle**** you for 2 minutes before you get your submission off without being a lil bitch. yes you have a higher "belt rank" but i'm tossing your ass around this gym for at least 3 minutes before you get your chit off.
    Manlet Masterrace
    The XRP Prophet
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew

akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think its a difference in the wrestling vs. bjj mind set. My question for you would be why are you wrestlephuking for 3 minutes instead of focusing on actually getting better at juijitsu?

Much of it may just be folks not enjoying someone with a wrestling background just driving them into the mat the entire roll, instead of actually working on technique / positions / advancing / etc.

From a lot of your posts here it seems like you are more concerned with winning rolls and dominating with wrestling vs. actually being humble and learning juijitsu.

Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by akmerle View Post
    I think its a difference in the wrestling vs. bjj mind set. My question for you would be why are you wrestlephuking for 3 minutes instead of focusing on actually getting better at juijitsu?

Much of it may just be folks not enjoying someone with a wrestling background just driving them into the mat the entire roll, instead of actually working on technique / positions / advancing / etc.

From a lot of your posts here it seems like you are more concerned with winning rolls and dominating with wrestling vs. actually being humble and learning juijitsu.
    While I agree with you on principal because that’s how I personally learn. There is nothing wrong with him developing his jiu jitsu on top of and complimentary to his wrestling base. While he may learn some core concepts slower. He will also learn things not to do with his A game faster, weaknesses, counters to watch out for.. etc.. he will sharpen his old wrestling habits faster and find the moves in bjj that best compliment his current game and skillset.

I also would have no problem rolling with somone smashing me like that because it would allow me and his opponents to experience and work on countering and beating somone using that strategy.

If anyone is being salty it’s because they are poor losers.

akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Duckliver View Post
    While I agree with you on principal because that’s how I personally learn. There is nothing wrong with him developing his jiu jitsu on top of and complimentary to his wrestling base. While he may learn some core concepts slower. He will also learn things not to do with his A game faster, weaknesses, counters to watch out for.. etc.. he will sharpen his old wrestling habits faster and find the moves in bjj that best compliment his current game and skillset.
    I hear what you are saying, but not as a white belt. He should be focusing on fundamentals of bjj period. White belts in bjj shouldn’t be trying to specialize in anything other than being a sponge and drilling fundamentals into muscle memory.

Crawl - walk - run, broader the base - higher the peak, tallest buildings have the strongest foundation, etc. Pick whatever cliche you want, but the basic universal premise for improvement stays the same.

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Originally Posted by Duckliver View Post

I also would have no problem rolling with somone smashing me like that because it would allow me and his opponents to experience and work on countering and beating somone using that strategy.

If anyone is being salty it’s because they are poor losers.
    LONG DEAR DIARY POST INCOMING:

So I have a great update to all this. For starters, sometimes at night I pour myself a glass or two of scotch and misc whilst buzzed and get my chit off ranty style. The post you all are referring to was that kind of post. Was just irritated with the general softness of dudes I was rolling with.

So the groundbreaking discovery i had today was I didn't respect anyone at my gym. I'm really good at "reading the room" and just picking up on peoples' energy. There were ZERO athletes in my gym.

The People
    I'm 195 built like i am. My training partner is like 165 no muscle, no real background even in high school sports. The other pair that train in our timeslot is an older 40ish year old guy with a beer gut and trains with a slightly younger woman who is average build. Everyone else i've seen are kinda overweight and two or three stripe white belts. It's a new gym and their older gym has all the higher belt guys. The instructors are definitely legit, got mad respect for them because while they're not particular "muscular" they're definitely athletes and you can tell they're with the chits. I'm not mentioning all this to say dudes with dadbods or ones that are skinny aren't good at bjj. Just all things being equal at white belt level, they're not gonna really be a challenge.

The Experience
    Chit is pussy as hell. Can't do much timewise due to covid restrictions, and also can't do much simply because us white belts don't know chit about anything. I understand that, but i'm leaving class with like 40% gas in the tank. Afterwards all the dudes go to the locker room and are all giggly and chatty patty with bullchit small talk. It just seemed like the BJJ version of one of those boxing fitness gyms where they gas up Stay-at-Home moms and soccerdads on heavy bags, having them think they're doing something, but they'd get wrecked by a random bro at a bar. it gives me those vibes. I got into bjj because I felt I was getting too neutered and civilized, wanted to return to highschool and college wrestling days where you were scrapping with another man and you both felt like death afterward.

The Solution
    I reached out to another gym. It's not affiliated with any big name. For all intents and purposes you could call the owner a "no name blackbelt" but i looked him up and he has a lot of competition experience. He finally hit me up and told me to drop in for a class. Coincidentally, my backup whitebelt came in the mail today as well. I was getting the itch to try a new gym and didn't want to show up with a whitebelt badged with a rival gym. Also i earned my first stripe from the BJJ social club. Won't lie, feel a little disgusted with it because yeah sure i've learned a few things but nothing has been challenging so far. There's been nothing i've had to overcome, i don't even leave class exhausted so it's a participation stripe as far as i'm concerned. Anyway, I walk into the new gym with those first class butterflies/jitters

I scan the room, and instantly in my head I'm like "...holy shit." Black belt, black belt, black belt, blue belt, white belt, white belt, blue belt, purple belt. And it wasn't just their belt rank that was imposing. These MFers lifted. All of them looked like collegiate athletes. The only one with a dadbod was the owner (go figure) So at BJJ social club, I get it, you got a room full of white belts. You've got to put the training wheels on, you've got to be enthusiastic and encouraging. But again for MY purposes, I felt like it was pandering and soft. When I wrestled first year, didn't know chit about fukall. Walk in the room, coach teaches stuff you don't know anything about, and you get teed off on by the vets until you pick it up. Thats kinda what this class was like, but i had a partner with mercy. Instructor opened up with a simple sweep from a guard i've never even done before, he went on to teach two progressively more elaborate sweeps that had me sittin there like...

He paired me with one of the blue belts, and bless that dudes heart for giving away one of his classes lol. the first 30% of our rolling was him basically reteaching everything that was just shown. After I caught on we went to active sparring from the guard we were taught, and it felt like the guy had 8 limbs. I couldn't retain or pass chit. Towards the end i was able to use a little wrestling bridge/ankle pick toss thing that won me a sweep, but even then I could tell he was only going like 60%. This was the training atmosphere I was looking for. Get thrown in the deepend and swim or dropout. I understand this format is HORRIBLE for academies looking to grow out a massive brand and have high retention, kids classes and all that chit but I'm not a bitch. Put me with the athletes. Even their white belts at least looked like they've seen a gym before.

So as much as I just got done chitting on the BJJ Social Club. I'm gonna continue to train at both places. Is the competition soft? Absolutely. Do the instructors handle everyone with white charminsoft gloves? Yes. But I do recognize the importance of learning the barebone fundamentals slowly and building on that. SocialClub will teach me the basics slowly and progressively. The RealGym will give me the athletes and competition I need to not just bulldoze through twinks and bloatlords. Will report back later.
    Last edited by W1LLW; 07-29-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    Manlet Masterrace
    The XRP Prophet
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew

ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You sound like you have exactly the wrong attitude both as a student and as a training partner. Your goal shouldn’t be to “read the room” and pick out all the people you are better than. You should be there to learn so that you can better yourself and furthermore, better your training partners if you find their skills lacking.

Not every class should be a fight to the death leaving your heart racing and your hands trembling. Sometimes drilling small details is what makes the biggest impact in your development. Sure, if you are looking to compete you should seek out more difficult training partners if you feel like you are so much better than your current ones but you are definitely focusing on the wrong things in your training, especially as a white belt.

Learning and Evolving MJAffliction's Avatar
    MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ahox View Post
    You sound like you have exactly the wrong attitude both as a student and as a training partner. Your goal shouldn’t be to “read the room” and pick out all the people you are better than. You should be there to learn so that you can better yourself and furthermore, better your training partners if you find their skills lacking.

Not every class should be a fight to the death leaving your heart racing and your hands trembling. Sometimes drilling small details is what makes the biggest impact in your development. Sure, if you are looking to compete you should seek out more difficult training partners if you feel like you are so much better than your current ones but you are definitely focusing on the wrong things in your training, especially as a white belt.
    This

You sound like a nightmare partner to roll with. I wouldn't even entertain it.
    BJJ Crew
    Muay Thai Crew
    HODL crew

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
    "I don't much care where ..." said Alice.
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
    -LEWIS CARROLL, Alice in Wonderland

Everything popular is wrong.
    -OSCAR WILDE, The Importance of Being Earnest

Originally Posted by MJAffliction View Post
    This

You sound like a nightmare partner to roll with. I wouldn't even entertain it.
    This is why i hate the internet. you read all that, and what you pulled out was "His goal is to read the room to pick out people he's better than". Really?

everyone does this when they walk into ANY room. bar, bank, gym or otherwise. you scan bodylanguage, personalities, and adjust your comfort/awareness accordingly. I read the room to figure out if the gym is a mcdojo, or a place with real competitors. i won't take back what i said, because it's true. There are little to zero athletes in that gym, so yes it doesn't matter when slowly learning new techniques. However when all of us positional spar with those techniques it's a joke in regards to difficulty.

I get that i'm leaving info out so you all probably believe I'm a bull in there looking to flex and destroy going 100% all the time but that's not true. I either want athletic partners at the same level, or more sparring time in class to AT LEAST leave the gym tired. That's what my criticism of the SocialClub boil down to. If you have a problem with me wanting a challenge, well... sorry i'm not a bitch.
    Last edited by W1LLW; 07-30-2020 at 07:04 AM.
    Manlet Masterrace
    The XRP Prophet
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew

I'm gonna step back and turn down the aggression in my posts for a sec to provide context.

I don't give a fuk about the journey of bjj. I really don't. My background is Football, Wrestling, Rugby, and general MMA training. I missed the "brotherhood" of being around men training together, working hard, and the comraderie that brews from a group of guys busting their ass together. no homo.

As I stated in the previous page, I started this because i realized I wasn't as competent in selfdefense as I wanted, and since I work in a cushy corporate america job I felt like I was overly civilized and missed the primitive juices that flow that came from the difficult practices of the aformentioned sports.

If you're one of those guys that is a genuine "brazilian jiu jitsu practitioner" that's reading Rickson Gracie books, and all about a whitebelt (regardless of capability or build) shutting up and being overly humble. Youre not going to enjoy this thread.
    Manlet Masterrace
    The XRP Prophet
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew

ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm gonna step back and turn down the aggression in my posts for a sec to provide context.

I don't give a fuk about the journey of bjj. I really don't. My background is Football, Wrestling, Rugby, and general MMA training. I missed the "brotherhood" of being around men training together, working hard, and the comraderie that brews from a group of guys busting their ass together. no homo.

As I stated in the previous page, I started this because i realized I wasn't as competent in selfdefense as I wanted, and since I work in a cushy corporate america job I felt like I was overly civilized and missed the primitive juices that flow that came from the difficult practices of the aformentioned sports.

If you're one of those guys that is a genuine "brazilian jiu jitsu practitioner" that's reading Rickson Gracie books, and all about a whitebelt (regardless of capability or build) shutting up and being overly humble. Youre not going to enjoy this thread.
    Srs question but why don’t you just fight in MMA then? It seems like it will be more of a challenge for you and give you the rush you are looking for. BJJ is not the end all be all of self-defense so it doesn’t make sense for someone like you to be focusing on it so much especially since you seem more concerned with the sportive/competitive aspects of BJJ and less about self-defense techniques which are less glamorous and boring.

You are an inexperienced white belt who is coming in with level 3000 energy every class to get your “primitive juices” flowing. That’s just a recipe for disaster from a training partner’s perspective. I understand ramping up the intensity of your training as you get closer to competition but if you are looking at each class as a opportunity to fight to the death then it seems like you are in the wrong place.

1: Srs question but why don’t you just fight in MMA then?

2: BJJ is not the end all be all of self-defense so it doesn’t make sense for someone like you to be focusing on it so much especially since you seem more concerned with the sportive/competitive aspects of BJJ and less about self-defense techniques which are less glamorous and boring.

3: You are an inexperienced white belt who is coming in with level 3000 energy every class to get your “primitive juices” flowing. if you are looking at each class as a opportunity to fight to the death then it seems like you are in the wrong place.

1: In my experience MMA gyms are too scatter brained in terms of instruction AND attendees. I've never enjoyed them. You've got casuals wanting to get fit, you've got guys legit wanting to get in the ufc, and then you have street tough guys that want to be street tough guys. Additionally it's muay thai, it's wrestling, and some bjj sprinkled in. I had a horrible bjj experience at my mma gym because it wa 80% stand up 20% grappling that consisted of an obscure blue belt just choking everyone out. I didn't learn anything properly.

2: BJJ isn't the end all be all but it's a huge portion. I respect it that much so I wanted to dedicate training to it. Unless you're training in one of the major MMA "camps" i feel most mma gyms just muck everything up. I would MUCH rather do what i've been doing which is training at a dedicated Boxing gym and a dedicated BJJ gym. Not a single "combat gym" where everything is taught halfassed.

3: Read between the lines for fuks sake. You're an apparent upperbelt in bjj (you fuking better be the way you're commenting). I'm not mat spazzing and going 100% EVERY roll. I'd gas in 90 seconds. I was sparring with a blue belt in the social club and yeah i wrestlefuked him a little bit while he was passing guard to make it challenging for him to pass. That's real life. At the new gym I was exhausted just from drilling with guys that were skilled and athletic. THAT'S ALL I WANT I'm not sure why you guys seem so hellbent on condemning me for not wanting my bjj sessions to be a glorified yoga session. If I had never watched some Andre Galvao competitions, or the way he trains, I would assume alot of you BJJ purists are just soyboys that were bullied in school that discovered bjj to be your savior from bullies and now you're angry dudes with some grit are infringing on your safespace. Maybe i am in the wrong place, but maybe just maybe, you're a bitch.
    Last edited by W1LLW; 07-30-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    Manlet Masterrace
    The XRP Prophet
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew

1: In my experience MMA gyms are too scatter brained in terms of instruction AND attendees. I've never enjoyed them. You've got casuals wanting to get fit, you've got guys legit wanting to get in the ufc, and then you have street tough guys that want to be street tough guys. Additionally it's muay thai, it's wrestling, and some bjj sprinkled in. I had a horrible bjj experience at my mma gym because it wa 80% stand up 20% grappling that consisted of an obscure blue belt just choking everyone out. I didn't learn anything properly.

2: BJJ isn't the end all be all but it's a huge portion. I respect it that much so I wanted to dedicate training to it. Unless you're training in one of the major MMA "camps" i feel most mma gyms just muck everything up. I would MUCH rather do what i've been doing which is training at a dedicated Boxing gym and a dedicated BJJ gym. Not a single "combat gym" where everything is taught halfassed.

3: Read between the lines for fuks sake. You're an apparent upperbelt in bjj (you fuking better be the way you're commenting). I'm not mat spazzing and going 100% EVERY roll. I'd gas in 90 seconds. I was sparring with a blue belt in the social club and yeah i wrestlefuked him a little bit while he was passing guard to make it challenging for him to pass. That's real life. At the new gym I was exhausted just from drilling with guys that were skilled and athletic. That's all I want. I'm not sure why you guys seem so hellbent on condemning me for not wanting my bjj sessions to be a glorified yoga session. If I had never watched some Andre Galvao competitions, or the way he trains, I would assume alot of you BJJ purists are just soyboys that were bullied in school that discovered bjj to be your savior from bullies and now you're angry dudes with some grit are infringing on your safespace.
    I appreciate your competitiveness, all I’m saying is that the gym is not necessarily the competition ground. If you are training for a powerlifting meet you wouldn’t come in every day looking to hit your absolute 1rm just to prove you are not a bitch. You save that effort and mindset for the meet even though it’s fun and rewarding to go balls to the wall all the time. There are many schools that don’t even allow white belts to roll for the first 6 months and for good reason.

Lol, sounds like you have it all figured out. Good luck with your obliviously insufferable goals of 2020.

FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000) FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000) FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000) FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000) FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000) FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000) FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000) FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000) FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000) FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000) FLman333 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey man. I for one get your attitude and outlook and can at least a little bit relate to it. You are a very competitive guy who still embraces the grind attitude from wrestling. Trust me, there is a place for that in jiu jitsu. But for sure not every school is going to be for you.

Be aware that coming off to intense or arrogant to coaches and training partner is toeing a line. I understand this is just the way you talk and describe your situation on an online forum. You have more of a fighters approach to training and that is cool, at least with me and the way I train. But know that even though it's an individual sport that there is a ton of trust and respect earned and given between coaches and training partners. Now read the room for how people are reacting to you. I hate to say it, but I've seen more than one guy come in " acting up" and just so happens to get some extra smoke from an armbar or heel hook. Not to validate that kind of reaction or behavior, but just know there will be people thinking the same things in person who you train with as these people online having a bad reaction to your attitude and outlook. Simple advice is to give in to the process and try to fit in along the journey. But still keep the intensity and work ethic of a wrestler.

Out of curiosity, what state do you train in?

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I could be wrong but i'm slowly discovering a large amount of the bjj community has a hyooooge salty/inferiority-complex toward wrestlers. bro just let me wrestle**** you for 2 minutes before you get your submission off without being a lil bitch. yes you have a higher "belt rank" but i'm tossing your ass around this gym for at least 3 minutes before you get your chit off.
    most of the negativity towards wrestling is basically racist toward wrestlers based on

- sandbagging and pretending they have no training
    - getting all frothy mouthed and wrestle ****ing someone during a light roll
    - turning the learning <---> competitive continuum during class time and rolling time, etc. way too far down the competitive side of the continuum

I've always enjoyed getting a good combination of both and my preference has always been no-gi and using wrestling to get top game from first engagement. using BJJ against wrestlers and learning from them only made me better, so I'm always open to training with them

also, in the public, grappling against a wrestler/former wrestler is far more likely due to the prevalence of it in high school and collegiate sports. good experience to have.

Originally Posted by MJAffliction View Post
    That's odd that they let you roll right off the bat. It took me 6 months of going to fundamentals classes before I was allowed to engage in open mat rolls.

Yeah, most people are hobbyists and you'll beat them on conditioning and stamina alone. Plus, as you said, your background obviously separates you from others. How tall are you? How much do you weigh?

Glad you liked the first couple of classes.
    what school doesn't let you roll in open mat? lol weird to me
    MFC

Misc Mursenary Crew

I appreciate your competitiveness, all I’m saying is that the gym is not necessarily the competition ground. If you are training for a powerlifting meet you wouldn’t come in every day looking to hit your absolute 1rm just to prove you are not a bitch. You save that effort and mindset for the meet even though it’s fun and rewarding to go balls to the wall all the time. There are many schools that don’t even allow white belts to roll for the first 6 months and for good reason.
    Solid feedback. Appreciated.

Lol, sounds like you have it all figured out. Good luck with your obliviously insufferable goals of 2020.
    Thanks, make sure you vote straight democrat this november, you're first in line for the vaccine, and you get a crispy new "Men 4 Feminism" shirt this weekend.

Originally Posted by FLman333 View Post
    Hey man. I for one get your attitude and outlook and can at least a little bit relate to it. You are a very competitive guy who still embraces the grind attitude from wrestling. Trust me, there is a place for that in jiu jitsu. But for sure not every school is going to be for you.

Be aware that coming off to intense or arrogant to coaches and training partner is toeing a line. I understand this is just the way you talk and describe your situation on an online forum.. You have more of a fighters approach to training and that is cool, at least with me and the way I train. But know that even though it's an individual sport that there is a ton of trust and respect earned and given between coaches and training partners. Now read the room for how people are reacting to you. I hate to say it, but I've seen more than one guy come in " acting up" and just so happens to get some extra smoke from an armbar or heel hook. Not to validate that kind of reaction or behavior, but just know there will be people thinking the same things in person who you train with as these people online having a bad reaction to your attitude and outlook. Simple advice is to give in to the process and try to fit in along the journey. But still keep the intensity and work ethic of a wrestler.

Out of curiosity, what state do you train in?

FINALLY, someone that isn't an apparent soyboi redditor. We literally use "phaggot" on this bodybuilding forum like it's water, and i got a swarm of aviless dyelcels swarming my thread with "er mah gawd, determination and grit in jiujitsu? das not dah way of the gracies. hoW cOulD yOu????" pussies.

To your points I hear you loud and clear. I'm 100% present, ears wide open when the instructor is present. And even when I'm paired with one of the skinny white belts at the SocialClub, I keep my mouth shuts I let him get his reps off, we positional spar, i let off the gas when i'm dominating and when he's in the guard i got 70% or so which enables him to have to fight for stuff but i'm not purely grinding him to dust.

at the RealGym the bluebelt was actually around my size and he was super cool and he countered my strength with just quickness, and obvious knowledge that i didn't have. I got my wrestle kind of toss/sweep on him to show determination and effort but I wasn't just throwing jiujitsu skills to the wind and purely wrestling being a dick like these guys are making it seem. I completely get if I was just grounding lighter/weaker guys into the mat not stop, or was throwing aggressive cross faces on higher belts that it would be completely out of wack. As I tried to state a half dozen times before I just want to train with athletes, and guys that are gonna push themselves and myself a bit.

I'm in the midwest now. But I have a great job and work from home. Lease ending soon, looking at training in SoCal or Renzo NYC HQ in the fall. I'm still researching to see what direction i want to go.

Originally Posted by veggie530 View Post
    most of the negativity towards wrestling is basically racist toward wrestlers based on

- sandbagging and pretending they have no training
    - getting all frothy mouthed and wrestle ****ing someone during a light roll
    - turning the learning <---> competitive continuum during class time and rolling time, etc. way too far down the competitive side of the continuum

I've always enjoyed getting a good combination of both and my preference has always been no-gi and using wrestling to get top game from first engagement. using BJJ against wrestlers and learning from them only made me better, so I'm always open to training with them

also, in the public, grappling against a wrestler/former wrestler is far more likely due to the prevalence of it in high school and collegiate sports. good experience to have.
    Solid points. I would imagine if i was a blue/purple belt and was paired with a guy doing BJJ literally only for one month, I would almost welcome him busting out some wrestling stuff in order to working on sweeps and guard transitions. When the head coach paired me with the bluebelt at the RealGym, I saw him initially kinda roll his eyes at first because i was walking in with my no stripe white belt. But as we were rolling he became, really cool, and noticed him smirking a bit when i started trapping his elbows and picking his ankles for throws. I didn't go full frothy mouth, but ramped it up just enough to where he had to really try to guard pass.
    Manlet Masterrace
    The XRP Prophet
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew

EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You should come train with me sometime, player. Swear on me mums you could do with a lickle humbling. Good luck trying to tek me down.
    Lickle Warrior / Hulkamaniac

Tranny Crew.

EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you have a problem with me wanting a challenge, well... sorry i'm not a bitch.
    Unfortunately too many folk in BJJ are bitches/pussies/cucks. I want a physical challenge every class and wanna get gassed. Most folk aint in it for that.

Tranny Crew.

Srs question but why don’t you just fight in MMA then? It seems like it will be more of a challenge for you and give you the rush you are looking for. BJJ is not the end all be all of self-defense so it doesn’t make sense for someone like you to be focusing on it so much especially since you seem more concerned with the sportive/competitive aspects of BJJ and less about self-defense techniques which are less glamorous and boring.

You are an inexperienced white belt who is coming in with level 3000 energy every class to get your “primitive juices” flowing. That’s just a recipe for disaster from a training partner’s perspective. I understand ramping up the intensity of your training as you get closer to competition but if you are looking at each class as a opportunity to fight to the death then it seems like you are in the wrong place.
    As the most experienced/knowledgeable and well respected member on this forum, ive got to say I disagree with you completely and agree with Mr. Willow.

Tranny Crew.

I would assume alot of you BJJ purists are just soyboys that were bullied in school that discovered bjj to be your savior from bullies and now you're angry dudes with some grit are infringing on your safespace.
    This is actually true.

Tranny Crew.

there are many schools that don’t even allow white belts to roll for the first 6 months and for good reason.
    lol.

Tranny Crew.

Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clockbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Whole lotta ego in this thread

lol

Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Duckliver has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Clockbro View Post

lol
    We just need a misc bjj meet up!

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

lol
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

lol
    Come to ma dojo and say that to ma face (SRS)

Tranny Crew.

CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000) CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000) CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000) CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000) CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000) CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000) CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000) CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000) CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000) CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000) CanardMedic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck in your goals, I think you'll enjoy doing more MMA and no gi vs GI.

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EidFnatic View Post
    Come to ma dojo and say that to ma face (SRS)
    THERE IS A WHOLE LOT OF EGO IN THIS THREAD

Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew