Medinamojo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I need encouragement!

Hey guys, Im only here because I heard of the Shrinking man and how much support he got from here and was hoping some of that can be rubbed off on me. Im 17 years old,5'9, and currently 310lbs. I know my choices are bringing me to an early grave and i want to lose it but its just so difficult.

faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    eat healthy, eat less, move a bit more

that should get you started with minimal effort
    positive crew

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Medinamojo View Post
    I know my choices are bringing me to an early grave .
    That ^^^^ should encourage you to make a change.

AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The only benefit you have at your weight is that you can start to see fairly rapid results with relatively small changes. This is often good motivation to continue making changes until you have changed your lifestyle permanently.

For example, stop any snacking outside meals and cut out soda. Try and walk 20-30 minutes each day. That is all. The scale should start to move.

As you make this initial change and start to see that drop in weight, begin reading (preferably the stickies in this forum, the nutrition forum and the exercise/workout routine forums). Get a basic understanding of why you reached the weight you did and how the mechanics of lowering that weight will work (macros, calories, weighing food, the contribution of exercise/lifting). Ignore all other sources of information (including most of the articles on the main bodybuilding.com website) they are all trying to sell you something or are generally misinformed.

As you become more committed you can start implementing some of these principles, workouts, calorie and TDEE calculations and a firm macro goals. The important thing is not to go all out, all at once. Make slow changes and become used to them, they will have to become a part of your way of thinking and understanding surrounding food and activity for the rest of your life, so don't find some prescribed '12 weeks to fit' plan which tells you what to eat and what to do. Educate yourself so you learn how to make those choices yourself.

It's a long road but there will be many benefits along the way, do not think that you won't feel better until you reach your goal weight.

RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am 37 years old, started at about 310lbs as well..have now lost a bit and am down to 270lbs. feeling better already!

Here is the honest reality...Until its sucks more to remain morbidly obese than it does to change your lifestyle then nothing will change, it feels hard because maybe you feel like you should be doing it but dont want to just yet...

I know this first hand from failed attempts at "diets" they never work. Only a full lifestyle change - but that does not have to be as hard as it sounds...cutting out sugar could be all you need..

You have age on your side. You could probably build muscle really easy, and skin is more likely to have elasticity left too.

Only you know how bad you want to do it.

Why not try make a change and see how it goes...For me cutting out all added sugar and avoiding sugary products was all i needed to kickstart some weightloss and went from there.

How bad do you want it?