Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000)

Rippetoe a boogaloo?

Ive always known Rip was right politically and that has never bothered me because left/right politics aren't a big deal to me. But with this whole covid mess he has been expressing farther right views in his podcast. Yesterday (I think they dropped yesterday) he went full Hawaiian shirt extremist (boogaloo), but now those videos have been marked private. Bums me out to know he's a wing nut.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you saying he don't know Squat?
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000)
    I’m more freaked out about his self published erotic novels
    Hi, uh, we were looking for a muffler for a ‘77 Chevy

ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000) ENCBBQ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jaqe View Post
    I’m more freaked out about his self published erotic novels
    Lol omfg...didn’t know about that

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ENCBBQ View Post
    Ive always known Rip was right politically and that has never bothered me because left/right politics aren't a big deal to me. But with this whole covid mess he has been expressing farther right views in his podcast. Yesterday (I think they dropped yesterday) he went full Hawaiian shirt extremist (boogaloo), but now those videos have been marked private. Bums me out to know he's a wing nut.
    All I can say is that I used to laugh at his 'jump' technique for the clean, until I tried it.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The difficulty is he likes shooting his mouth off with provocative comments (not saying that makes saying offensive comments OK) so it's hard to know what he actually thinks and what he says to stir up trouble for fun.

Some comments I read in "Strong Enough" made me expect him not to be racist and he has been pro women's training too. But some things he's said as off the cuff comments in interviews offended me.

Is it possible to respect someone's work (promoting training, such as practical programming) without agreeing or endorsing all of their personal or political beliefs? Or must we take both as a package.

I'm not saying we should hide or sweep under the carpet unacceptable things people have said or done, but equally.. finding perfect people who are unflawed under close examination is impossible. We need a balance, at the moment we're struggling to get the right balance on that one.

Edit: Rips self published erotic novels, that thought is really redefining awful

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    The difficulty is he likes shooting his mouth off with provocative comments (not saying that makes saying offensive comments OK) so it's hard to know what he actually thinks and what he says to stir up trouble for fun.

Some comments I read in "Strong Enough" made me expect him not to be racist and he has been pro women's training too. But some things he's said as off the cuff comments in interviews offended me.

Is it possible to respect someone's work (promoting training, such as practical programming) without agreeing or endorsing all of their personal or political beliefs? Or must we take both as a package.

I'm not saying we should hide or sweep under the carpet unacceptable things people have said or done, but equally.. finding perfect people who are unflawed under close examination is impossible. We need a balance, at the moment we're struggling to get the right balance on that one.

Edit: Rips self published erotic novels, that thought is really redefining awful
    I don't care about his political leanings or his perversions or his diet advice. I only care about his weightlifting advice. Take what you can use and see if it works for you. I almost said 'and discard the rest', but when my cleans got heavier and more difficult, his 'jump' advice saved my ass.
    Last edited by supramax; 07-04-2020 at 11:01 AM. Reason: sp

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He is a strength coach. It seems odd to care what he thinks about politics.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Years ago if I did watch a Rip video, I did with the volume off.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    If his politics don't fall within a narrow set of acceptable boundaries, then we need to protest and get him cancelled and de-platformed. It is the only way.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    If his politics don't fall within a narrow set of acceptable boundaries, then we need to protest and get him cancelled and de-platformed. It is the only way.
    Pump the brakes for a bit... there is a huge difference between being conservative and being extremist right wing hoping for another civil war fanatic... which is what the boogaloo boys are all about. That is the premise of this thread.

Pump the brakes for a bit... there is a huge difference between being conservative and being extremist right wing hoping for another civil war fanatic... which is what the boogaloo boys are all about. That is the premise of this thread.
    Karl was joking.

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well then, Mr Politics, this thread sucks.
    RWGFY

- COL Charles Beckwith

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Which is your favorite?

Asking for a friend.

https://shop.oafnation.com/collections/aloha-shirts
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Exactly! The same way that I feel about professional athletes, musicians, actors...oh...add NASCAR to that list now.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So the "boogaloo boys" are an actual thing? I'm so out of the popular culture loop...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Which is your favorite?

Asking for a friend.

https://shop.oafnation.com/collections/aloha-shirts
    The 1st one, Aloha Mk18.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    So the "boogaloo boys" are an actual thing? I'm so out of the popular culture loop...

Boogaloo started off as a meme. Meaning the sh*tty sequel to the 1st american revolution, using the movie title, Breakin 2' electric Boogaloo as the template. Then the 2A community adopted the term as a way to make memes, jokes, and references about the hypothetical 2nd American Revolution, but later would include anything anti-feds, and anti-gun control.

The MSM will obviously label them "Far Right Extremists" or terrorists. But in reality, they're pretty much libertarians, hardcore constitutionalists, typically ex military, That hate the direction legislation, and policing have gone.

In my experience, they're not as much anti-government as the MSM will say, they're anti Un-constitutional legislation or policy. They're very pro 2a because they believe it's a free people's last line of defense against overbearing government. They see the constant chipping away at 2a as a threat to American freedoms. The memes are a non -violent sh*tposting way of showing discontent and the support behind it.

They're typically oathkeepers, and do not want violence. But will defend their rights if need be.
    To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What Rippetoe does with his boogaloo in the privacy of his own home is his business....
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Most of them are pretty much just conservative libertarians with strong opinions on police brutality and big government in general but of course like any other movement you have the extremists who insert themselves into it and give it a bad name.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 07-04-2020 at 02:44 PM.
    To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Boogaloo boys have committed crimes

Just like it's a crime to mix stripes and check, Hawaiian print and disruptive pattern material is also a fashion crime. Everyone knows this. They're trying to break the natural order and they'll end up paying the price. Mark my words...

nvm
    Last edited by ENCBBQ; 07-04-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Years ago if I did watch a Rip video, I did with the volume off.
    My wife refers to him as "that crazy-eyed Texan." He's gotten a lot of people off to a good start. But most of them seem to develop different opinions to his eventually.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Similar to my opinion on singers and their political slants, I may not agree with many of them and think their views are beyond fukked up, doesn't stop me from listening them as I just disregard any & all celebrity opinions on damn near everything.

Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    Same here, I have heard the term but thought it was just someone being funny?
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Similar to my opinion on singers and their political slants, I may not agree with many of them and think their views are beyond fukked up, doesn't stop me from listening them as I just disregard any & all celebrity opinions on damn near everything.

Same here, I have heard the term but thought it was just someone being funny?
    At first glance, armed right-wing militants dressed in floral shirts may seem like another baffling grotesquerie in the parade of calamities that is 2020. However, their arrival can be explained by tracing their online origins. Similar to other right-leaning extremist movements, they are the product of an unhappy generation of men who compare their lot in life with that of men in previous decades and see their prospects diminishing. And with a mix of ignorance and simplicity, they view their discontent through the most distorted lens imaginable: internet memes.
    The Boogaloo Tipping Point

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    My wife refers to him as "that crazy-eyed Texan." He's gotten a lot of people off to a good start. But most of them seem to develop different opinions to his eventually.
    Agreed he has gotten a lot of people to a good start. His style is a little turn-off for me.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Agreed he has gotten a lot of people to a good start. His style is a little turn-off for me.
    He's an ass.

However, if you listen to his critics, they all seem to forget that the program is called, "Starting Strength." He gets a lot of heat for his coaching on a couple of lifts but he gets that heat from people who have been lifting for 15 years. Everyone knows that a guy with a decade of lifting under his belt is going to develop advanced techniques that have no place in a book called, "Starting Strength".

Another key point that people miss is that Starting Strength is specifically designed to improve performance and prevent injury in other sports. It is not a program focused on making you a good deadlifter, its designed to make you good at hitting the offensive tackle so hard that you knock him on his ass. There's a big difference. If your goal is to get strong just for the sake of being strong then there are many better programs.
    Last edited by eomrat; 07-07-2020 at 05:55 AM. Reason: sp
    RWGFY

- COL Charles Beckwith

MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Totally true. I got my first training book in 1990 and it was literally the same as Starting Strength. I forget the name but It was sold from the back of bodybuilding magazines. I mean it isn't even impossible that Rippetoe had the same book and basically just rewrote it. I would never have wanted to trade a different book starting out though because it was such a good foundation so I can't rip on Starting Strength. It is the perfect way to start.

I don't mind Rippetoe, it is his know it all newb fanboys that are as annoying as hell.

He's an ass.

However, if you listen to his critics, they all seem to forget that the program is called, "Starting Strength." He gets a lot of heat for his coaching on a couple of lifts but he gets that heat from people who have been lifting for 15 years. Everyone knows that a guy with a decade of lifting under his belt is going to develop advanced techniques that have no place in a book called, "Starting Strength".

Another key point that people miss is that Starting Strength is specifically designed to improve performance and prevent injury in other sports. It is not a program focused on making you good a deadlifting, its designed to make you good at hitting the offensive tackle so hard that you knock him on his ass. There's a big difference. If your goal is to get strong just for the sake of being strong then there are many better programs.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He's an ass.

Another key point that people miss is that Starting Strength is specifically designed to improve performance and prevent injury in other sports. It is not a program focused on making you good a deadlifting, its designed to make you good at hitting the offensive tackle so hard that you knock him on his ass. There's a big difference. If your goal is to get strong just for the sake of being strong then there are many better programs.
    Starting strength is a GPP program. And not the best one at that....

What turns a lot of people off is the “my way or the highway” method of teaching he employs. We have all seen people fold like a pocketknife trying to do a LBBS, or cringed when someone called OHP “the press” (maybe not everyone, but I sure have).

Simply put, there is more than one way to OHP, more than one way to squat, more than one way to deadlift. Everyone is built differently and that should determine how you lift, what form you use, among other things.

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post

Simply put, there is more than one way to OHP, more than one way to squat, more than one way to deadlift. Everyone is built differently and that should determine how you lift, what form you use, among other things.
    Exactly correct and exactly as Ripp says in the intro to Starting Strength.

Also, why the program is called, "Starting Strength"
    Last edited by eomrat; 07-05-2020 at 08:48 AM.
    RWGFY

- COL Charles Beckwith