Alic88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Calculating Approximate Calories in This Steamed Vegetable Dish [Pictures]

Hello all:

My neighbor recently was kind enough to start sending to me steamed vegetables on a daily basis. I looked online, and it states that this is one of the foods that is lower in calories, and fills one up simultaneously as well.

If possible, based on the pictures, what do you think the approximate amount of calories are in these steamed vegetables? This way I can factor it into my daily food intake.

Any insights would be much appreciated.
    Attached Images

chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Alic88 View Post
    Hello all:

My neighbor recently was kind enough to start sending to me steamed vegetables on a daily basis. I looked online, and it states that this is one of the foods that is lower in calories, and fills one up simultaneously as well.

If possible, based on the pictures, what do you think the approximate amount of calories are in these steamed vegetables? This way I can factor it into my daily food intake.

Any insights would be much appreciated.
    Just weigh each vegetables type on its own and add it up. That one plate is probably like 50 calories.

Alic88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chibixeno View Post
    Just weigh each vegetables type on its own and add it up. That one plate is probably like 50 calories.
    Thanks! The steamed vegetables have been a great life-hack. Have them in abundance, and feel full, and avoid having other snacks.

AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexSays is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agree 50-70 calories presuming no oil or butter has been added.

If I don't know the content of a dish I tend to guess conservatively. For me (if cutting) this would just be designating 100 calories to a dish like this so I am always sure I'm under my estimate. As a (presumed) female you may have less wriggle room in your daily calories to do this to such an extent as that but if you estimate something is between say 40 and 70 calories, always track it as 70 to account for everyone's inherent instinct to undercount.