AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Does it matter when I have my carbs around the wotkout?

Hello! Next week I'm starting a bulking phase and increase my carbs, and I wanna do it the best way.

I've heard that most carbs of the day would be best consumed before workout, as the energy provided by them doesnt really matter throughout the rest of the day, especially if you are not active a lot. I dont have a physically demanding lifestyle, besides the training (pretty intense), which I do in the morning, around 10 or 10:30.

But I dont personally see anything wrong with consuming the carbs before AND after the workout. Like, I planned on having an oatmeal with whey protein before the workout and rice with steak after, and I think it looks good.

Is it that relevant when you take your carbs, as long as it's in the first half of the day?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Not really.

They don't even have to be in the first half of the day. There is a slight difference in insulin resistance compared to later in the day but it's not something you plan your life around.

I wouldn't eat a lot of food close to bed time but then some people can get away with that just fine.

AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Not really.

They don't even have to be in the first half of the day. There is a slight difference in insulin resistance compared to later in the day but it's not something you plan your life around.

I wouldn't eat a lot of food close to bed time but then some people can get away with that just fine.
    I believed that too indeed.

Also yeah, I dont eat much before bed time. Usually around 400 cal, 2 hours before sleep.

Thanks for the clarification!

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What makes you perform and sleep best? Do that.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    What makes you perform and sleep best? Do that.
    Absolutely this. There is a huge performance difference for me depending on when and what types of carbs I have, as well as time of day around workouts. You have to experiment to find what works for YOU.
    Superbus est, qui loquitur in prouerbiis Latinis.