Asl3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Help with power clean form

I’m a 22 year old college soccer player just finding out about power cleans, any advice for my form would be greatly appreciated along with general tips

MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    IMO without a coach you are much better off just doing high pulls or just squat with speed. In 35 years, I have literally never seen someone in a the gym do powerclean that wasn't terrible.

If you really are serious then get some coaching in person.

To me it is no different than trying to be self taught in the discus or shotput. Without coaching you are just going to suck.

Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chest-Rockwell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MaxMaximorum View Post
    IMO without a coach you are much better off just doing high pulls or just squat with speed. In 35 years, I have literally never seen someone in a the gym do powerclean that wasn't terrible.

If you really are serious then get some coaching in person.

To me it is no different than trying to be self taught in the discus or shotput. Without coaching you are just going to suck.
    Eh you never know. He might be naturally suited for it. I cleaned 255 within 6 months of learning the movement freshmen year of high school, and I threw the shot over 53 feet within 4 months of learning it as well.

Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Denverbro314 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im looking for the same help