jl2203 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Leg day everyday?

im 17, 122lbs and 5'9, i have worked out before and got to about 138lbs but then i had to stop for personal reasons and went back to my normal of eating way under 1500kcal a day, and obviously lost most of my gains. Last week i decided to go back and go all out, so i decided to workout 5x a week in 2 hour sessions, i decided to focus on compound lifts like deadlifts, back,front and zercher squats, bench press, rows, OHP and pull ups and i also decided to dedicate 1 day just for legs and on every other day still do 5 sets of legs (deadlifts or squats depending on what other muscles i worked that day) on the end of my workout. After a week of doing this and eating 3000-3500kcal a day im obviously sore but its not even that bad. Do you guys think i should keep this up or is this a fast track to getting injured or over training and getting no gains? And how long will it approximately take to get back at were i was before i stopped working out?

Im taking creatine, whey protein, vitamin E, cod liver oil, magnesium and tribulus terrestris, my weekly plan is:

Monday - Chest (bench press and dumbell chest flies), shoulders (OHP and lateral raises) , triceps (bar pullovers and triceps dumbbell bench) and squats.
    Tuesday - Back (Pull ups, rows and single arm rows), Biceps (curls, inverted curls and hammer curls) and deadlifts or zercher squats.
    Wednesday- Legs (Back squats, front squats, zercher squats and deadlifts) and abs
    Thursday - Chest (bench press and dumbell chest flies), shoulders(OHP and lateral raises), triceps(bar pullovers and triceps dumbbell bench) and squats.
    Friday-Back(Pull ups, rows and single arm rows), Biceps(curls, inverted curls and hammer curls) and deadlifts or zercher squats.

Every exercise except pull ups is 5 sets of either 5,8 or 12 reps, my pull ups are 5 sets to failure
    Last edited by jl2203; 06-29-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jl2203 View Post
    im 17, 122lbs and 5'9, i have worked out before and got to about 138lbs but then i had to stop for personal reasons and went back to my normal of eating way under 1500kcal a day, and obviously lost most of my gains. Last week i decided to go back and go all out, so i decided to workout 5x a week in 2 hour sessions, i decided to focus on compound lifts like deadlifts, back,front and zercher squats, bench press, rows, OHP and pull ups and i also decided to dedicate 1 day just for legs and on every other day still do 5 sets of legs (deadlifts or squats depending on what other muscles i worked that day) on the end of my workout. After a week of doing this and eating 3000-3500kcal a day im obviously sore but its not even that bad. Do you guys think i should keep this up or is this a fast track to getting injured or over training and getting no gains? And how long will it approximately take to get back at were i was before i stopped working out?

Im taking creatine, whey protein, vitamin E, cod liver oil, magnesium and tribulus terrestris, my weekly plan is:

Monday - Chest (bench press and dumbell chest flies), shoulders (OHP and lateral raises) , triceps (bar pullovers and triceps dumbbell bench) and squats.
    Tuesday - Back (Pull ups, rows and single arm rows), Biceps (curls, inverted curls and hammer curls) and deadlifts or zercher squats.
    Wednesday- Legs (Back squats, front squats, zercher squats and deadlifts) and abs
    Thursday - Chest (bench press and dumbell chest flies), shoulders(OHP and lateral raises), triceps(bar pullovers and triceps dumbbell bench) and squats.
    Friday-Back(Pull ups, rows and single arm rows), Biceps(curls, inverted curls and hammer curls) and deadlifts or zercher squats.

Every exercise except pull ups is 5 sets of either 5,8 or 12 reps, my pull ups are 5 sets to failure
    Compound lifts are the way to go. My advice; same supplements no need for the vitamins and tribulus though they are useless. Cod liver oil=fish oil more or less. For the workout seems ok just focus more on lower body. I have a few videos up on my youtube about a good beginner workout. Aside from that stick to 3 or 4 maximum days of lifting as a beginner. Focus more on eating more calories to gain weight!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only muscle I recommend to work out every day is abdominals but even that is a minor stretch. When you workout you induce minor tears into the fibers of the muscle you train. It takes rest for these fibers to repair and once they do they are built stronger and bigger. I highly simplified this explanation of lifting and the muscles, but the main point is that you need your body to rest. Smaller the muscle the faster it repairs, but when it comes to squats you recruit your entire leg and a lot more muscles into the movement. It does increase the risk of injury as you were worried about, but not only that, it will decrease your gains in size and strength of the leg. You might even see a decrease in the amount you can squat which is counterproductive to your goals. If you want your legs to get bigger/stronger I would recommend supplementing one of your workouts IE back or chest with a leg workout. Ex. Mon-chest Tues-back Wed-legs Thur-chest Fri-legs. And for the following week Mon-chest Tues-back Wed-legs Thur-back Fri-Legs. This is off the top of my head so if it were me I would supplement something similar to this routine into my schedule but change it to how I feel. You can also do deadlifts on back days (be careful with volume,) and use sumo form if you really want to work out your legs that hard. But everyday is definitely over kill.
    “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.” —Norman Vincent Peale.

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Woah woah woah...too much. You’re going to burn out both physically and mentally. Also, if you’re 5’9 122 you’re a beginner and should be on a novice program because you don’t know how to write a program yet.

There are plenty to choose from, but here’s a few I’d recommend:

- ICF Novice 2.0
    - Babylover’s Starting Strength
    - Starting Strength
    - Stronglifts 5x5
    - All Pro’s
    - Fierce 5

^Run one of those for 3-6 months or until linear progression stops and you’ve already taken multiple deloads, then move onto something more specific to your goals. (Aesthetics, powerlifting, general strength, a mix, etc)
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The idea that you can't train a muscle everyday is a myth. You can - but the question becomes do you need to?

Usually no. Most people can't exercise whenever they want - they have to travel to a gym. So it's more time efficient to fit your total training load into 3 days (easily doable for a novice, less so for more advanced).

If you have a gym in the next room, you could easily do this though. The key point it so count the total number of work sets you do over a week. This can easily get too high if you are training with high frequency. Above a certain point, there stop being benefits and start being problems with overreaching and accumulated muscle damage.

I would save every day or even twice a day training for more advanced lifters. It's not necessary for novices.