CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50) CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50) CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50) CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50) CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50) CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50) CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50) CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50) CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50) CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50) CCtheBEAST will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Simple but effective hypertrophy program?

Strength is a plus but I really want to look better. Push pull legs? Bro split? Tell me what has worked for you! Thanks

Been working out on and off for 11 years

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Split doesn't matter. Do whatever split you prefer although I recommend working everything at least twice a week.

Just work to a consistent RPE (say 1-2 reps before failure on main compounds, higher on isolations).

Pick a weight / rep range which suits the particular exercise (e.g. 15 reps for lateral raises, 3-5 reps for deadlifts etc)

Count the number of hard sets you do per week per bodypart. Increase it if you aren't progressing (unless you are overreaching, in which case reset, deload).

Oh and don't dichotomise between strength and size. You should aim to increase your 10RMs in everything using double progression. 1RMs don't matter sure but more performance with reps = more muscle.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My go to routine is a 4 day upper lower. 6-10 work sets, twice per week, weekends off. Its tough to beat imo. Since I have a home gym now I run a 5 day ULPPL. I enjoy it but the results are no better than your standard u/l.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    PPLrULr repeat has been good with me. Lately the PPL has been time consuming, so I replaced it with FB rest FB. The volume of the 2 FB's is the same as the volume of PPL, do them Tu and Th. I have more time on Sat and Sun and do U and L. So I hit everything 3x a week in 4 days instead of 2x a week in 5, overall volume is the same.

doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My go to is a PPL repeat type plan with a rest day on Sunday (low impact cardio). As stated above, lower reps on compound movements and higher with isolations.
    OEF/OIF/OIR Vet (2007-2013)
    I Keep My Kicks Clean Crew
    SF 49ers Crew
    LA Lakers Crew

jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000)
    PPL no doubt
    Hi, uh, we were looking for a muffler for a ‘77 Chevy

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Allpros

PPLUL if you’re more intermediate

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Split doesn't matter. Do whatever split you prefer although I recommend working everything at least twice a week.

Just work to a consistent RPE (say 1-2 reps before failure on main compounds, higher on isolations).

Pick a weight / rep range which suits the particular exercise (e.g. 15 reps for lateral raises, 3-5 reps for deadlifts etc)

Count the number of hard sets you do per week per bodypart. Increase it if you aren't progressing (unless you are overreaching, in which case reset, deload).

Oh and don't dichotomise between strength and size. You should aim to increase your 10RMs in everything using double progression. 1RMs don't matter sure but more performance with reps = more muscle.
    This is the only actual answer so far.

Everyone else is just throwing out random splits and pretending that's programming
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bro split for me. 5 day split. 15-20 sets per muscle group per week. Basic double progression. Mostly 6-12 rep range. I keep it simple

adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was doing push/legs/pull for a year, awesome split totally recommend it. I have recently just started a 4 day split which is:

Day 1 chest/biceps
    Day 2 back
    Day 3 off
    Day 4 shoulders/triceps
    Day 5 Legs
    Day off then repeat (i might take 2 days off)

I super happy with this split, I like how can give more attention to bodyparts, and I really like the only back day.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I tried splits for awhile, don't think I ever made any big progress with them as I did with fullbody routines a few times a week. With splits something would come up on one of the days and i'd have to skip to handle some business, messing up the whole week - it just wasn't flexible enough of a schedule. With fullbody though, no matter what each time I do a session - i've given each muscle group attention, and each additional session adds up to more volume than I ever could've hoped for. I will sometimes finish off a session later in the day, but that's only if I can't finish the first go around. Overall, it's more to get through at one time, but in the end it agrees with me more and I don't have a problem getting everything done for the week that I wanted to. I don't know if i'll ever go back to splits, for me they just don't work out too well.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    I tried splits for awhile, don't think I ever made any big progress with them as I did with fullbody routines a few times a week. With splits something would come up on one of the days and i'd have to skip to handle some business, messing up the whole week - it just wasn't flexible enough of a schedule. With fullbody though, no matter what each time I do a session - i've given each muscle group attention, and each additional session adds up to more volume than I ever could've hoped for. I will sometimes finish off a session later in the day, but that's only if I can't finish the first go around. Overall, it's more to get through at one time, but in the end it agrees with me more and I don't have a problem getting everything done for the week that I wanted to. I don't know if i'll ever go back to splits, for me they just don't work out too well.
    This

Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    This is the only actual answer so far.

Everyone else is just throwing out random splits and pretending that's programming
    He asked people for splits and what worked for them, that’s literally what his question was.

I think the issue is people (probably myself included) often ask the wrong questions, and fortunately SP has been gracing us with his presence on the board for long enough to know what people should be asking and answers accordingly.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TonedJordan View Post
    He asked people for splits and what worked for them, that’s literally what his question was.

I think the issue is people (probably myself included) often ask the wrong questions, and fortunately SP has been gracing us with his presence on the board for long enough to know what people should be asking and answers accordingly.
    Simple but effective hypertrophy program?

but yes he does then talk about splits.
    It's not just this thread, this whole forum always degenerates into talking about splits anytime someone comes in with programming questions...

It would be nice if there were more attempts at real discussion of up to date programming methodology and ideals from active posters (obviously I don't expect this from those brand new to training).

For instance
    The periodisation debate is very relevant to everyone training, but I doubt most here have even heard of John Kiely
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100) strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100) strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100) strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100) strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100) strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100) strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100) strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100) strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100) strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100) strengthmogul is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by CCtheBEAST View Post
    Strength is a plus but I really want to look better. Push pull legs? Bro split? Tell me what has worked for you! Thanks

Been working out on and off for 11 years
    Hey everyone,

I've been working out on and off for 11 years and have tried various training splits. One program that I found simple yet effective for hypertrophy is the Push/Pull/Legs split. It allows you to hit each muscle group twice a week with a good balance of volume and intensity. I recently came across a complete hypertrophy training guide that provides a comprehensive overview of hypertrophy training, including different split options like the Push/Pull/Legs split. If you're interested, you can check it out here.

Hope this helps in your training journey!