Thread: Does HMB work?

TheThunderCat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does HMB work?

Hi,

I was recently reading about this product called Clear Muscle and it said it's main ingredient was HMB. I remember reading HMB really does nothing for muscle mass or fat loss.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No, save your money.
    Strong & Unstable

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    I have used a lot of HMB and that particular one at that. I would not buy it again.
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheThunderCat View Post
    Hi,

I was recently reading about this product called Clear Muscle and it said it's main ingredient was HMB. I remember reading HMB really does nothing for muscle mass or fat loss.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

From Examine:

HMB is an active metabolite of leucine that reduces muscle protein breakdown. It appears to have an anticatabolic role for muscle, but fails to be more effective than its parent amino acid for inducing muscle protein synthesis.

————-

I would prioritise (1) meat/eggs/dairy > (2) Protein powder > (3) HMB/BCAA