brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stronglifts and carb cycling

Hello, do you think it would be detrimental to the progression of loads if I did low carb on non-training days and high carb on training days?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Why would you do that? Carb cycling doesn't achieve anything special apart from over complicating your meal planning.

brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brunogouveia58 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Why would you do that? Carb cycling doesn't achieve anything special apart from over complicating your meal planning.
    I just got off a low carb cutting and gained a lot of retention

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by brunogouveia58 View Post
    So what? Hydration/water will make you stronger...
    The power of carbs compels me!

drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100) drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100) drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100) drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100) drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100) drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100) drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100) drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100) drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100) drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100) drTonyD is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hello, do you think it would be detrimental to the progression of loads if I did low carb on non-training days and high carb on training days?
    I’m on a slight deficit and adjust my carbs. I take my weekly carbs and rather than assume the same every day I make adjustments to eat more the day BEFORE the heavy strength trading and less the day of. For example, say it’s 700g of carbs for the week and you lift 3 days a week (M, W,F). Then My carbs would be:
    Su - 125, M - 75, T - 125, W - 75, Th -125, F- 75, Sat - 100 = Total 700 for the week.
    Doing this structure , I have found a little benefit in Being fresher for the lifts

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's fat that's undesirable, not water or glycogen. High glycogen levels are associated with the metabolic signalling required for muscle gain.

Muscle gain continues for up to 48 hours after training - so even if you could cause big swings (it's not that easy) in retained glycogen in that timespan, it probably would be a bad idea to try.