schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Full body twice a week and upper once a week?

Soon, I will (hopefully) be going back to Uni, and I want to try and be in the gym as little as possible so I don't get sick. Is moving from a UL Split to full body twice a week and upper once a week going to affect my progress significantly?
    I am new to weight lifting and fitness. Please source multiple opinions before making your decision.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depends, you give no details on either program or yourself.

paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're neglecting (or should I say not training enough) the largest muscles in your body, your legs. How about FB on Tuesday and Thursday, Upper on Saturday, Lower on Sunday.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol.

sure you can
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    You're neglecting (or should I say not training enough) the largest muscles in your body, your legs. How about FB on Tuesday and Thursday, Upper on Saturday, Lower on Sunday.
    I would do a four day split, but the point of reducing my training to 3 days a week is to limit exposure to potentially sick people in my gym without seriously compromising growth.
    I am new to weight lifting and fitness. Please source multiple opinions before making your decision.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If your program is as comprehensive as your descriptions, you won't miss anything by skipping the gym altogether.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    If your program is as comprehensive as your descriptions, you won't miss anything by skipping the gym altogether.
    Would my personal stats seriously change that answer that much?

6'2, 182, Working about for about 1.5 years, did PHUL for 7 months, then Fierce 5 Novice for 7 months, and have been doing home workouts since March. My progression stopped on Fierce 5 Novice, and I was about to switch to Fierce 5 4 day split before corona hit.

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by schoolstrength View Post
    I would do a four day split, but the point of reducing my training to 3 days a week is to limit exposure to potentially sick people in my gym without seriously compromising growth.
    Swapping a full body day for an upper day WILL “seriously compromise your growth“!

Just do PPL if you can/want to only workout 3 days

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Then do full body 3 days a week.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Would my personal stats seriously change that answer that much?

6'2, 182, Working about for about 1.5 years, did PHUL for 7 months, then Fierce 5 Novice for 7 months, and have been doing home workouts since March. My progression stopped on Fierce 5 Novice, and I was about to switch to Fierce 5 4 day split before corona hit.
    You asked "Is moving from a UL Split to full body twice a week and upper once a week going to affect my progress significantly?"

How can someone answer that without knowing the details of what you're switching from, what you're switching to, and an idea of what your progress has been - other than that in general it doesn't sound great?

In a different hypothetical, if your current "home workout" is garbage and you've made little progress, and you switch to another program that's also garbage but one less day/week, then it won't affect your progress at all.

Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Then do full body 3 days a week.
    This. Why would you do only do upper for the third day?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

Originally Posted by TonedJordan View Post
    This. Why would you do only do upper for the third day?
    Because when I was running Fierce 5 Novice, some weeks I would only have chest once a week, and just bench at that. I feel like just benching once a week wasn't enough.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Because when I was running Fierce 5 Novice, some weeks I would only have chest once a week, and just bench at that. I feel like just benching once a week wasn't enough.
    So what does that have to do with you not doing lower body for the third day?
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wasn’t enough for what?

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah sure, just add 1 Set of 20 rep squats on upper day. So, full body, but less time.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    What matters is the total weekly workload applied to each bodypart. If that's enough then how you distribute it between days isn't that important.

So you could be saying you are doing "full body 3x" and have the same total workload as what you are describing if you move just one leg exercise to the "upper only" day.

Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel you on the lack of training volume for chest with F5. But if that's your only reason for such a huge change to the program, you might want to rethink.

Why not just add more chest work to the day you do OHP in place of Bench?

Just my personal opinion, but don't reduce the leg work
    Good Luck!

Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Wasn’t enough for what?
    I assume, not enough volume. It's 3 sets 1 week and 6 sets the next week. Maybe that's enough for some people, I dunno.

and yeah I get it, it's a beginner program. It's not meant to have crazy high volume, fancy exercises, loads of accessory work. Beginners generally have low work volume capability and low recovery. But I say, add a few sets, keep on top of sleep and nutrition, monitor fatigue and progress and reassess in a couple months.
    Good Luck!