brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)

Time to get back to work!

Hello everyone.

I'm in the process of getting back in some kind of shape. At least to where I was at 43, ( avatar pic ) Hopefully better.
    So I'm 48 at the end of September which gives me until the 27th Sept to clean up my act.
    I thought it be fun to post progress on here and keep me accountable.

I'm already 6 weeks in, start weight 176 lbs first pic. As of 27th of June 166 lbs, second pic.

Finish weight, who knows. Whatever it will be. I'm aiming for around 14%. Avatar pic I was 155 lbs. 5,10

I'll aim to post an update pic once per week with my current weight whether it's up or down. I'm in a 500 ish calorie deficit currently @ 2200 per day. Really cleaned up my diet this last 6 weeks and I'm feeling great and highly motivated.

Future plans are to do a slow bulk, and do it properly for once in my life, but first things first eh!

Thanks!
    Attached Images

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)

update #1

Hello guys!

Back with an update. trying to get as lean as I can really by my 48th at end of Sept, so plenty of time left.
    Fathers day has been and gone and although I got treats to eat, I was good and put them away for another time.

I'm still averaging 2200 cals per day. protein is around 180 grams or so, fat 80 or so, and carbs 150 ish, all give or take around 20 grams, depending where my cals are for that day. I have more carbs on Saturday, up to 300 grams. I'm losing around 1 lb a week atm.
    Working with weights 6 days a week, hitting each muscle twice, once heavy, once light. I try to get in an hour of walking every day.

foods I'm eating: lean beef, chicken, lean fish and fatty fish here and there and eggs of course. plenty of veg and fruit. sweet potato and oats for my main carbs, not at the same time of course, although maybe that is a good combo! idk
    Fat for cooking either olive oil or butter.
    I also drink a homemade probiotic every day called Kefir, fermenting my own milk is the best thing I ever did in my life, health wise. first 40 years of my life I was sickly. antibiotics ruined my gut.
    So even though I'm 47 now, I think going forward I should make good progress as my digestion is a million times better than it ever was.

couple pics below. Won't see much from one week to next, but will update weekly. Currently 164.8 lbs

Thank you and hope everyone has a great 4th July.
    Attached Images

Another week and all is on track. Still at 2200 calories per day average. This week I've lost 0.2 lbs, but loss is loss, so I'm going to stay where I am for cals.
    Currently 164.6 lbs. Not much point in pics as pretty much the same as last week.
    As far as my training goes, my strength isn't taking a dip, and my energy is great overall.
    No cravings at all to speak of either, but as I get leaner I'm expecting to. Maybe this time I won't.
    I'd like to get to 10% bf approx.

Not much else to say really apart from just grinding away.
    Will update next weekend.
    Have a great day!

Another week down! This week I've basically kept my calories the same @ 2200 per day average and I'm down another 1.2 lbs to 163.4 lbs.
    So last weeks 0.2 loss was no cause for me to change anything.

Last Saturday I did go over my planned calories by about 400 and ended up having 3000 cals, because I had a pint of Ben & Jerry's. But It was a low calorie pint, not the full on version. Still it was over 600 cals I think, Vanilla, caramel and blondie brownie! It was on offer in Tesco, sooooooo...Moment of weakness!

I just came down to 1600 cals on the Sunday by doing mainly just my protein with very low fats and carbs and all was good.
    The rest of the week I was on point and today.....well I didn't buy any ice cream! LOL!

My waist is definitely smaller because I've had to tighten my belt. My strength is still there and apart from the little hiccup, cravings are in check.

Update again next weekend possibly with some progress pics.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Another week, another bit of progress. down 1.4 lbs this week! Current weight 162 lbs.

Still holding at 2200 calories, protein high, carbs moderate, fats normal range. diet has been on point all week.
    I have one cheat meal planned for today which will be a tub of Cadbury Caramel ice cream, just under 1000 cals. Overall for the day though will be at maintenance.

Next week I'm travelling to a new house, but I'm confident I will stay on track. I won't be able to take all my gym equipment with me, but I will be taking all my dumbbells, bands and attachments. I may have to buy a new bench.

I need a few days off lifting anyway, so this will be good for me.

Got some pics of my current condition. My most stubborn areas are my hips and around belly button. Now though going forward every lb I lose will make a difference I think as I'm fairly lean everywhere else.

Hopefully I will have another update next weekend. Thanks!
    Attached Images

Another week, and it's been a busy one. I travelled to my first house which I bought just before the lock down here in the UK.
    I've been locked out of it for 4 months. took 9 hours to get here and I hardly ate much on the Monday or Tuesday because of being so busy.

As a result I ended up in more of a deficit than I have been and lost another 2 lbs over last week! So I'm now 160 lbs dead on.
    Calories averaged 2050 per day, usually I'm around 2200 for this weight loss.

No matter, because now I'm settled into what is pretty much a building site, ( house needs a lot of work ) I'm now eating what I'm supposed to.
    Also I could only move with me my Dumbbells, so that's what I'm training with, but that's fine, but I just usually gauge where my strength is with barbell movements.

I want rid of the last bits of belly fat around my belly button so I'm pushing on with this until it's more or less gone!
    I may have a relax and start a slow bulk @155 lbs, that was my original goal by end of September.
    No cravings really and strength for what it is, hasn't tailed off much.

Looking forward now to when I can start a proper slow bulk! Never really done one properly, usually I just eat **** and let myself go!

Took a couple of pics, both are in the morning, no pump and no flex, although I'm trying to spread my lats on the back shot, hahaha! and Favourable lighting is utilised! 😁

Hope Ya'll doing well and crushing your goals! Thanks!
    Attached Images

safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) safcpaul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by brit-iron View Post
    Another week, and it's been a busy one. I travelled to my first house which I bought just before the lock down here in the UK.
    I've been locked out of it for 4 months. took 9 hours to get here and I hardly ate much on the Monday or Tuesday because of being so busy.

As a result I ended up in more of a deficit than I have been and lost another 2 lbs over last week! So I'm now 160 lbs dead on.
    Calories averaged 2050 per day, usually I'm around 2200 for this weight loss.

No matter, because now I'm settled into what is pretty much a building site, ( house needs a lot of work ) I'm now eating what I'm supposed to.
    Also I could only move with me my Dumbbells, so that's what I'm training with, but that's fine, but I just usually gauge where my strength is with barbell movements.

I want rid of the last bits of belly fat around my belly button so I'm pushing on with this until it's more or less gone!
    I may have a relax and start a slow bulk @155 lbs, that was my original goal by end of September.
    No cravings really and strength for what it is, hasn't tailed off much.

Looking forward now to when I can start a proper slow bulk! Never really done one properly, usually I just eat **** and let myself go!

Took a couple of pics, both are in the morning, no pump and no flex, although I'm trying to spread my lats on the back shot, hahaha! and Favourable lighting is utilised! 😁

Hope Ya'll doing well and crushing your goals! Thanks!
    Great job. Subbed
    You only get out what you put in . Dont expect more if you dont put in more

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Great job. Subbed
    Thank you!

ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    amazing transformation!

Originally Posted by ecs33 View Post
    amazing transformation!
    Thank you. Getting closer.