Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)

Time to get back to work!

Hello everyone.

I'm in the process of getting back in some kind of shape. At least to where I was at 43, ( avatar pic ) Hopefully better.
    So I'm 48 at the end of September which gives me until the 27th Sept to clean up my act.
    I thought it be fun to post progress on here and keep me accountable.

I'm already 6 weeks in, start weight 176 lbs first pic. As of 27th of June 166 lbs, second pic.

Finish weight, who knows. Whatever it will be. I'm aiming for around 14%. Avatar pic I was 155 lbs. 5,10

I'll aim to post an update pic once per week with my current weight whether it's up or down. I'm in a 500 ish calorie deficit currently @ 2200 per day. Really cleaned up my diet this last 6 weeks and I'm feeling great and highly motivated.

Future plans are to do a slow bulk, and do it properly for once in my life, but first things first eh!

Thanks!
    Attached Images

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)

update #1

Hello guys!

Back with an update. trying to get as lean as I can really by my 48th at end of Sept, so plenty of time left.
    Fathers day has been and gone and although I got treats to eat, I was good and put them away for another time.

I'm still averaging 2200 cals per day. protein is around 180 grams or so, fat 80 or so, and carbs 150 ish, all give or take around 20 grams, depending where my cals are for that day. I have more carbs on Saturday, up to 300 grams. I'm losing around 1 lb a week atm.
    Working with weights 6 days a week, hitting each muscle twice, once heavy, once light. I try to get in an hour of walking every day.

foods I'm eating: lean beef, chicken, lean fish and fatty fish here and there and eggs of course. plenty of veg and fruit. sweet potato and oats for my main carbs, not at the same time of course, although maybe that is a good combo! idk
    Fat for cooking either olive oil or butter.
    I also drink a homemade probiotic every day called Kefir, fermenting my own milk is the best thing I ever did in my life, health wise. first 40 years of my life I was sickly. antibiotics ruined my gut.
    So even though I'm 47 now, I think going forward I should make good progress as my digestion is a million times better than it ever was.

couple pics below. Won't see much from one week to next, but will update weekly. Currently 164.8 lbs

Thank you and hope everyone has a great 4th July.
    Attached Images

Another week and all is on track. Still at 2200 calories per day average. This week I've lost 0.2 lbs, but loss is loss, so I'm going to stay where I am for cals.
    Currently 164.6 lbs. Not much point in pics as pretty much the same as last week.
    As far as my training goes, my strength isn't taking a dip, and my energy is great overall.
    No cravings at all to speak of either, but as I get leaner I'm expecting to. Maybe this time I won't.
    I'd like to get to 10% bf approx.

Not much else to say really apart from just grinding away.
    Will update next weekend.
    Have a great day!

Another week down! This week I've basically kept my calories the same @ 2200 per day average and I'm down another 1.2 lbs to 163.4 lbs.
    So last weeks 0.2 loss was no cause for me to change anything.

Last Saturday I did go over my planned calories by about 400 and ended up having 3000 cals, because I had a pint of Ben & Jerry's. But It was a low calorie pint, not the full on version. Still it was over 600 cals I think, Vanilla, caramel and blondie brownie! It was on offer in Tesco, sooooooo...Moment of weakness!

I just came down to 1600 cals on the Sunday by doing mainly just my protein with very low fats and carbs and all was good.
    The rest of the week I was on point and today.....well I didn't buy any ice cream! LOL!

My waist is definitely smaller because I've had to tighten my belt. My strength is still there and apart from the little hiccup, cravings are in check.

Update again next weekend possibly with some progress pics.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Another week, another bit of progress. down 1.4 lbs this week! Current weight 162 lbs.

Still holding at 2200 calories, protein high, carbs moderate, fats normal range. diet has been on point all week.
    I have one cheat meal planned for today which will be a tub of Cadbury Caramel ice cream, just under 1000 cals. Overall for the day though will be at maintenance.

Next week I'm travelling to a new house, but I'm confident I will stay on track. I won't be able to take all my gym equipment with me, but I will be taking all my dumbbells, bands and attachments. I may have to buy a new bench.

I need a few days off lifting anyway, so this will be good for me.

Got some pics of my current condition. My most stubborn areas are my hips and around belly button. Now though going forward every lb I lose will make a difference I think as I'm fairly lean everywhere else.

Hopefully I will have another update next weekend. Thanks!
    Attached Images

Another week, and it's been a busy one. I travelled to my first house which I bought just before the lock down here in the UK.
    I've been locked out of it for 4 months. took 9 hours to get here and I hardly ate much on the Monday or Tuesday because of being so busy.

As a result I ended up in more of a deficit than I have been and lost another 2 lbs over last week! So I'm now 160 lbs dead on.
    Calories averaged 2050 per day, usually I'm around 2200 for this weight loss.

No matter, because now I'm settled into what is pretty much a building site, ( house needs a lot of work ) I'm now eating what I'm supposed to.
    Also I could only move with me my Dumbbells, so that's what I'm training with, but that's fine, but I just usually gauge where my strength is with barbell movements.

I want rid of the last bits of belly fat around my belly button so I'm pushing on with this until it's more or less gone!
    I may have a relax and start a slow bulk @155 lbs, that was my original goal by end of September.
    No cravings really and strength for what it is, hasn't tailed off much.

Looking forward now to when I can start a proper slow bulk! Never really done one properly, usually I just eat **** and let myself go!

Took a couple of pics, both are in the morning, no pump and no flex, although I'm trying to spread my lats on the back shot, hahaha! and Favourable lighting is utilised! 😁

Hope Ya'll doing well and crushing your goals! Thanks!
    Attached Images

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brit-iron View Post
    Another week, and it's been a busy one. I travelled to my first house which I bought just before the lock down here in the UK.
    I've been locked out of it for 4 months. took 9 hours to get here and I hardly ate much on the Monday or Tuesday because of being so busy.

As a result I ended up in more of a deficit than I have been and lost another 2 lbs over last week! So I'm now 160 lbs dead on.
    Calories averaged 2050 per day, usually I'm around 2200 for this weight loss.

No matter, because now I'm settled into what is pretty much a building site, ( house needs a lot of work ) I'm now eating what I'm supposed to.
    Also I could only move with me my Dumbbells, so that's what I'm training with, but that's fine, but I just usually gauge where my strength is with barbell movements.

I want rid of the last bits of belly fat around my belly button so I'm pushing on with this until it's more or less gone!
    I may have a relax and start a slow bulk @155 lbs, that was my original goal by end of September.
    No cravings really and strength for what it is, hasn't tailed off much.

Looking forward now to when I can start a proper slow bulk! Never really done one properly, usually I just eat **** and let myself go!

Took a couple of pics, both are in the morning, no pump and no flex, although I'm trying to spread my lats on the back shot, hahaha! and Favourable lighting is utilised! 😁

Hope Ya'll doing well and crushing your goals! Thanks!
    Great job. Subbed

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Great job. Subbed
    Thank you!

ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ecs33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    amazing transformation!

Originally Posted by ecs33 View Post
    amazing transformation!
    Thank you. Getting closer.

Another week, and now 11 weeks in I think. down again this week by ANOTHER 2 lbs! To 158 lbs. Start was 176 lbs, so 18 lbs down so far.

Okay so I got my calories back up to my average throughout which is 2200 per day, last week was lower because of time with moving house.

BUT, I've been working so hard during this week on the house that I must have been in a higher deficit than normal. Possibly there is water weight involved, but this far in probably not and I've now lost 2 lbs per week for two straight weeks.

how much of this 4 lbs has been muscle idk, but I don't seem to feel weaker. ANYHOO, this next week the workload is going to continue so I'm going to increase my daily average to 2300, eating extra fat and or protein, not carbs. so very little extra food really, but an extra 700 cals over the week.

My original target was 155 lbs by my 48th birthday at the end of September, so I'm well on track. seeing as I'm now 158 I'm going to go down to 11 stone dead, which is 154 lbs. Hopefully my stubborn area around my lower abs will diminish, but I'm not too worried if it doesn't. The important thing for me now is to reach my target under a little more control ( slower ), and then the bit I'm looking forward to, my first ever proper controlled bulk.

My diet choices have been good, no deviation from my plan and I've not missed any workouts despite the extra work.

I've done a comparison picture of my start weight and as of today 8th August. both relaxed, although lighting is more favourable now.

Thank you. Hope everyone is staying safe.
    Attached Images

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Massive difference in 11 weeks. You're going to have a great base to bulk from

Massive difference in 11 weeks. You're going to have a great base to bulk from
    Thanks man! yeah I'm looking forward to a proper bulk, no rubbish choices this time. Not going to let body fat go too far.

You're making good yourself with your fat loss log. Looking forward to your progress bud!

week 13

Hello! Week 13 I think and this week no change this morning, although I was 1lb lighter yesterday! haha.

Reason being, I made myself a chicken soup with a ton of root veg! Probably a good 2 lbs worth of chunky soup. So I recon it's just food weight. Either way at the moment I stand at 158 lbs, so no change. So I've still got 3 to 4 lbs to go and I'm in no hurry. At this point 1/2 lb a week maybe more beneficial to me.

Diet has been on track all week, no deviation from my plan whatsoever. Average calories was 2150 per day, came in a bit low last couple of days because of all the chicken and veg I was eating. Honestly I've had no want or need to eat anything I shouldn't. I think I'ts just that I'm super determined this time to make this a permanent lifestyle. Eating subpar nutrition has never ever done me any favours.

Macro Averages most weeks are like this:

Carbs 170 grams
    Pro 185 grams
    Fat 87 grams
    Average 2,200 calories per day approx.

Thought I'd do a flexed front pic this week. I'm pulling my loose skin/fat down. Loose skin is going to take time I think to shrink, but it is there and not too bad. I'll have to fill it out with more abdominal muscle!

Thanks! Have a great weekend and keep crushing it!
    Attached Images

Very well done. I'm curious to know your lifts ? You've got quite a good base of muscle.

Ha well, I'ts kinda how you lift not how much right?

Last time I did barbell stuff was a few weeks back now and I was benching 82 kg for 10, I could almost do my body weight for 20 reps, probably could now as I'm lighter.
    Dead lift 155 kg for 5/6 sometimes I'd do 120kg or so for higher reps.
    I hate squatting around 100 kg for 10 to 15. hate doing low rep stuff on squats.

I haven't tested my 1rm in years and I'm not really interested.
    tbh most of my leg workout involves hill walking and that's it.

Only doing Dumbbell stuff atm. flat bench I'm at 30 kg for 10/12, doing high rep deads and squats because i have no really heavy dumbbells atm. doing lots of one arm rows and all sorts of stuff really.

Because I'm exclusively doing dumbbell stuff though, every workout I get better at it. I'm liking it as well.
    For abs I do leg raises and or crunches and vacuums as well.

Edit: My short term goal on Dumbbell bench is 35 kg dumbbells for 10 reps plus, because I'll be at 70 kg body weight soon so I think that be decent.
    Last edited by brit-iron; 08-15-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Ha well, I'ts kinda how you lift not how much right?

Last time I did barbell stuff was a few weeks back now and I was benching 82 kg for 10, I could almost do my body weight for 20 reps, probably could now as I'm lighter.
    Dead lift 155 kg for 5/6 sometimes I'd do 120kg or so for higher reps.
    I hate squatting around 100 kg for 10 to 15. hate doing low rep stuff on squats.

I haven't tested my 1rm in years and I'm not really interested.
    tbh most of my leg workout involves hill walking and that's it.

Only doing Dumbbell stuff atm. flat bench I'm at 30 kg for 10/12, doing high rep deads and squats because i have no really heavy dumbbells atm. doing lots of one arm rows and all sorts of stuff really.

Because I'm exclusively doing dumbbell stuff though, every workout I get better at it. I'm liking it as well.
    For abs I do leg raises and or crunches and vacuums as well.

Edit: My short term goal on Dumbbell bench is 35 kg dumbbells for 10 reps plus, because I'll be at 70 kg body weight soon so I think that be decent.
    Good lifts mate. Very decent indeed. Reps on spread. Shall be watching your continued progress

Good lifts mate. Very decent indeed. Reps on spread. Shall be watching your continued progress
    Thanks bud! Keep crushing it!

RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Impressive progress! Slow and steady wins the race, eh? The pics are great...wow, what a difference. Really encouraging to see this kind of sustained development and without having to kill yourself. Patience is key. You're where I hope to be someday in the not too distant future.

Originally Posted by RTB1 View Post
    Impressive progress! Slow and steady wins the race, eh? The pics are great...wow, what a difference. Really encouraging to see this kind of sustained development and without having to kill yourself. Patience is key. You're where I hope to be someday in the not too distant future.
    Thanks for the kind words mate. Yeah slow and steady definitely. For me the hardest thing is bulking properly. I have always in the past just ate too much crap. I think now I have my mind in check and found a diet that I like and gives me what I need without cravings. I think mostly it's all mental though. Got to make it a lifestyle.
    Yeah absolutely patience, and before you know it, your making good progress. 👍💪

RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think now I have my mind in check and found a diet that I like and gives me what I need without cravings. I think mostly it's all mental though. Got to make it a lifestyle.
    So true! It's all about getting your mind right when tackling any big endeavour. Rebuilding our habits, and through that, our bodies is no different. The path forward is clear, now it's just a matter of following it and not being led astray.

Hello! another week @2200 Calories Av, same Macro's as last week and still losing weight. I think I'm a little leaner, it's hard to tell.
    Strength is still good, energy still good, no real cravings.

My day food wise looks like this:
    Breakfast: Three cups of ground coffee with full fat milk ( pre workout ), followed by Homemade Kefir and sometimes a couple of eggs (post workout)

Lunch: Could be Lean Beef with veg, or white fish with veg, sometimes with a couple of eggs.

Snack: Tin of Mackerel or tuna with olive oil added. Always protein and fat for snacks.

Dinner: Chicken and veg or as lunch.

Vegetables are things like peas, sweet corn, carrots, Brussels sprouts, bell peppers. I efing hate broccoli and kale and such like. Prefer the higher carb veg. I eat garden peas a lot, high in protein.

Supper: Always have the bulk of my carbs late on. Usually oats made with full fat milk, or sometimes Fruit.

Saturday: Higher carbs: things like Rice, Beans, potato, oats again but with something sweet added, fresh pineapple. I'll also have natural yogurt, lean meats as in the week and custurd.

Pretty much how I like to eat most of the time. I could sustain this indefinitely.

Weight this week 156.7 lbs so down another 1.3 lbs. Target 154 lbs. So not long now.
    Plan when I hit 154 lbs is to slowwwwwly increase calories in the order of 100 calories per day per week.
    So it will take me 4/5 weeks roughly to reach my maintenance calories of approx 2600/2700 per day. and no effing cheat days!!

Thanks and have a great fun and productive weekend.
    Attached Images

Fantastic, the finish line is in sight for you! Only 2.7 lbs from goal...and you're eating well too + keeping your strength. That's how to do it, no doubt.

You're definitely looking leaner / more muscular...I've never had the biceps veins showing prominently, always thought it was a badge of honor. You've got it going on in that photo. Great job with your accomplishments!

Thanks man! The hard part is to come no doubt. I reckon there will still be fat loss hopefully as I slowly feed in extra calories.
    I'm looking forward to see how much in the 4 weeks to maintenance. Possibly another 2lbs after my goal. We'll see.

Edit: I forgot to mention every two weeks I buy liver too, I mix it in with lean beef. And have beetroot most days.
    Last edited by brit-iron; 08-22-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Another week and this time last Saturday I had my first blow out on my diet in 15 or so weeks! Hit everything I was supposed to and then BAM! Out of nowhere I pigged out on 1300 calories of chocolate, A load of Salted caramel Twix and White choc Reese's cups, hahaha! Total 4350 cals. It was good though.

Next day however I just had lean protein and nothing else and only had 650 cals, also walked for 3 hours fasted, so anyway, ended on Friday at my average of 2200 per day.

Weight this Saturday morning 155.2 lbs. So lost 1.5 lbs. Only 1.2 lbs to go before I start feeding in more calories.

This Saturday's re-feed hopefully will go according to my original plan.

I'm definitely getting cravings now I'm getting nearer my target, but it could just be my brain telling me to ruin my hard work. IT AIN'T HAPPENING BRAIN!

I'm going to keep this log going for at least another month, hoping for a little more fat loss, as I reverse up to my maintenance calories.
    Pic: side shot flexed, I feel like maybe my abs are becoming more defined all around. Need some down lighting, hahaha!

Thanks! Same time next weekend.
    Attached Images

Another week and this time last Saturday I had my first blow out on my diet in 15 or so weeks! Hit everything I was supposed to and then BAM! Out of nowhere I pigged out on 1300 calories of chocolate, A load of Salted caramel Twix and White choc Reese's cups, hahaha! Total 4350 cals. It was good though.

Next day however I just had lean protein and nothing else and only had 650 cals, also walked for 3 hours fasted, so anyway, ended on Friday at my average of 2200 per day.

Weight this Saturday morning 155.2 lbs. So lost 1.5 lbs. Only 1.2 lbs to go before I start feeding in more calories.

This Saturday's re-feed hopefully will go according to my original plan.

I'm definitely getting cravings now I'm getting nearer my target, but it could just be my brain telling me to ruin my hard work. IT AIN'T HAPPENING BRAIN!

I'm going to keep this log going for at least another month, hoping for a little more fat loss, as I reverse up to my maintenance calories.
    Pic: side shot flexed, I feel like maybe my abs are becoming more defined all around. Need some down lighting, hahaha!

Thanks! Same time next weekend.
    15 weeks of clean eating is impressive! Also damn you for making me think of Twix and Reese's, that sounds good as hell right now -- and I'm only on Week 2 haha Thank god I live alone so I don't have to worry about anyone bringing junk into the house, otherwise my discipline would fly out the window.

Torso looks great brother! Wow, awesome to see natural guys can look like that at our age...hoping I'll be in the ripped ab club too when I get to fifteen weeks.

Fantastic job. After all that dedicated cutting i dont think anyone can begrudge you a nice feast. If i was to do it though it would be a big ham and pineapple pizza with tubs of garlic and chili

Originally Posted by RTB1 View Post
    15 weeks of clean eating is impressive! Also damn you for making me think of Twix and Reese's, that sounds good as hell right now -- and I'm only on Week 2 haha Thank god I live alone so I don't have to worry about anyone bringing junk into the house, otherwise my discipline would fly out the window.

Torso looks great brother! Wow, awesome to see natural guys can look like that at our age...hoping I'll be in the ripped ab club too when I get to fifteen weeks.
    Hahaha sorry for that. And thanks. I'm sure you will bud.

Fantastic job. After all that dedicated cutting i dont think anyone can begrudge you a nice feast. If i was to do it though it would be a big ham and pineapple pizza with tubs of garlic and chili
    Oh man, don't get me started. 😂 I've not had pizza for idk how long. I had pineapple today though.

Cool Almost there.

Last week 155.2 lbs. This week 154.8 lbs. so down another 0.4 lbs.
    Calories for the week av: 2210

Start weight 176 lbs. So far 21.2 lbs lost I think. In around 16 weeks.
    I'm doing well with Dumbbell bench press, @32kg for 10. Target there is 35kg for 10 reps. Don't know what my max is and I'm not going to try.

Strength is good during this cut. I'm putting it down to keeping protein high around 170 to 200 grams, and fats around 80 to 100 grams. remaining calories from carbs, typically around 140 grams, some days lower, some higher. All depends where I need my calories for the day.

So happy how things are going, only 0.8 lbs off my target.

My plan for increasing Calories during reversing up to maintenance, is to start by increasing protein/fats and keeping carbs where they are. Reason for this is I don't feel the need for extra energy.

Pics as of this morning. I feel I could get leaner, but still stopping at my target of 154 lbs. another 0.8 to go though I'll see what happens.
    Attached Images