phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Composing a Meal Plan as a Personal Trainer

Hey guys,

I'm recently qualified as a PT and have a quick question regarding creating nutrition plans for clients. Suppose I'm creating a long-term nutrition plan, say 6 months, would anyone have advice on the quickest and most efficient way to do this?

Obviously I wouldn't be creating a different set of meals for every single day. Would it be best to provide a number of sample days, say 5 or 6, which all contain different meals from each other, and my client can alternate the sample days as the months progress?

Or would it be best to give lists of wide range of foods within various categories (veggies, fruit, meats etc.), showing detail of their macro content. This may give my client more flexibility to incorporate what they feel like eating into their day, so long as it fits into their macro requirements? I know that some clients may prefer a more rigid approach, and some may prefer a flexible plan, so I guess there will be some variation for each client.

If there are any personal trainers out there would have experience with this, I'd love to know what ye found to be the quickest and easiest way to go about it. I'd really like to give plenty of detail and information for my clients to work with, without giving myself unnecessary work at the same time.

Any advice would be much appreciated, cheers!

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Are you in the US? If so, I believe that you are not allowed as a PT to offer detailed nutritional advice unless you have specific nutritional training. You can offer a general "this is how I try to eat" but you should not be giving detailed nutritional advice unless you have credentials in that area.

phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Are you in the US? If so, I believe that you are not allowed as a PT to offer detailed nutritional advice unless you have specific nutritional training. You can offer a general "this is how I try to eat" but you should not be giving detailed nutritional advice unless you have credentials in that area.
    I'm actually in Ireland. I studied nutrition as part of my PT course, and I'm currently studying an additional course in advanced nutrition.