phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Composing a Meal Plan as a Personal Trainer

Hey guys,

I'm recently qualified as a PT and have a quick question regarding creating nutrition plans for clients. Suppose I'm creating a long-term nutrition plan, say 6 months, would anyone have advice on the quickest and most efficient way to do this?

Obviously I wouldn't be creating a different set of meals for every single day. Would it be best to provide a number of sample days, say 5 or 6, which all contain different meals from each other, and my client can alternate the sample days as the months progress?

Or would it be best to give lists of wide range of foods within various categories (veggies, fruit, meats etc.), showing detail of their macro content. This may give my client more flexibility to incorporate what they feel like eating into their day, so long as it fits into their macro requirements? I know that some clients may prefer a more rigid approach, and some may prefer a flexible plan, so I guess there will be some variation for each client.

If there are any personal trainers out there would have experience with this, I'd love to know what ye found to be the quickest and easiest way to go about it. I'd really like to give plenty of detail and information for my clients to work with, without giving myself unnecessary work at the same time.

Any advice would be much appreciated, cheers!

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Are you in the US? If so, I believe that you are not allowed as a PT to offer detailed nutritional advice unless you have specific nutritional training. You can offer a general "this is how I try to eat" but you should not be giving detailed nutritional advice unless you have credentials in that area.

phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebero is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Are you in the US? If so, I believe that you are not allowed as a PT to offer detailed nutritional advice unless you have specific nutritional training. You can offer a general "this is how I try to eat" but you should not be giving detailed nutritional advice unless you have credentials in that area.
    I'm actually in Ireland. I studied nutrition as part of my PT course, and I'm currently studying an additional course in advanced nutrition.

Registered User Benchpresser350's Avatar
    Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like a (Day 1) (Day 2) (Day 3) Meal plan with 6 meals each day -- 3 of which are liquid only.

Using super easy to cook stuff. Pre-cooked Chicken breast from the grocery store, bread instead of rice, or Uncle Bens Microwave rice, Pre cooked hamburger patties.

That means not much work to prep food.

Also it gives me a cheat day, such as Sunday, to go to Brunch or a Fast food.

I also am not on a super strict training diet, and only count calories and try to hit protein at 1-gram per (US) pound of body weight.

If I want to alter something, such as have a slice of pizza for lunch, I will have it with a protein drink, and always keep a supply of drinks on hand for this (a slice not a whole pizza).

That lets me eat true to the plan when I want and deviate off of it for a meal or two when I want.

I also prepare 6 days of food ahead of time and put each meal in a sealed container to make it less likely I will cheat--but i still do....

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Trainers are technically not allowed to offer nutritional advise unless you a certified dietitian /nutritionist.
    You can make general suggestions like you could try this or that.
    As a trainer that hasn't tried specific diet plans yourself your only speculating what might work for your clients.
    I will tell you to have your clients keep a food journal and record/weigh what they are eating so you can have a better idea to adjust for their specific goals.

BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In 6 months chicken might not even be available, so it's kinda pointless to program chicken into your diet 6 month into the future.

I really try to teach my clients how to be mindful and present in everything they do. If you can retrain your client way of thinking about food, you will see them be successful.

Remember everyone is different, we are suppose to be able to adapt to the millions of different variables that may be holding someone back from reaching their goals. Modified some of their small habits and you will see success.
    Jesus Christ is Lord whether you accept Him or not.