Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Alcohol to bulk.. Really??

Hi everyone. So since jan i decided to try bulking again.... Many years of failed attempts. Anyway i thought i was doin ok, weight went up by 14lbs over the course of 6 months, not too fast i dont think, lifts goin up, all gravy.
    Few weeks ago i decided to knock drinking on the head. Now since then ive been steadily losing weight, whilst eating 3000 cals a day. So technically was alcohol good for my bulk? Cus i cant see it but, surely im just losing fat that i dont need. Please understand im not trying to cut but its happening regardless, and i know i will have to up my cals. I guess im just ranting. Drinking is bad, we know this, but god damn it fit my macros😅 at 163lbs at 6ft i cant afford to lose weight

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No

Alcohol is a poison. There is technically no minimum "good" or "safe" dose.

You are simply eating less total calories than you were. Alcohol is a well known appetite stimulant.

If you focus on consciously eating more calories systematically from mostly wholefood sources then you'll be better off than you were when you had alcohol in your diet.

Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geralt67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    No

Alcohol is a poison. There is technically no minimum "good" or "safe" dose.

You are simply eating less total calories than you were. Alcohol is a well known appetite stimulant.

If you focus on consciously eating more calories systematically from mostly wholefood sources then you'll be better off than you were when you had alcohol in your diet.
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I can totally appreciate and indeed agree with all of your points. I guess im being paranoid that im losing muscle becuase the scale ia going down. And yeah... Were my gains all simply alcohol gains? I hope not. Plodding on regardless. Love the grind

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Geralt67 View Post
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I can totally appreciate and indeed agree with all of your points. I guess im being paranoid that im losing muscle becuase the scale ia going down. And yeah... Were my gains all simply alcohol gains? I hope not. Plodding on regardless. Love the grind
    No. There is no such thing as "alcohol gains".

Muscle gains come from adequate protein intake and energy (either from food or stores within the body). Yes, alcohol contains calories but you can't attribute gains specifically to those calories. They might have contributed to energy supplies - but the adverse effects of alcohol probably reduced the amount of muscle you built compared to what you could have built with a better diet.

Thank you mate. You've helped a man today

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Also, if alcohol made you more likely to snack on salty snacks or sugary snacks/sweets, you could have lost a bit of water weight at first, in addition to losing due to less calories.
    Superbus est, qui loquitur in prouerbiis Latinis.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Also, if alcohol made you more likely to snack on salty snacks or sugary snacks/sweets, you could have lost a bit of water weight at first, in addition to losing due to less calories.
    never considered water weight, cheers man.