SDeWitt10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Incorporating a neck harness

Hello guys and gals,

So when gyms are open, I usually do the Bill Starr 5x5 Power Routine:

Since that’s not the case now, I do about 100 each 3x a week of body weight squats, pull-ups and dips. Followed by 30 minutes of vertical climber for 30, 3x a week.

I recently bought a neck harness, of which I am completely 100% in the dark with regarding reps/sets/weight. The goal is to get a strong neck, and I’ve also read that working my neck will also enlarge my traps? Any one able to help me out with a routine I can add with what I’m currently doing?

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A neck harness will really only allow you to work the back neck.
    I would get a long piece of chain or rope to go around the chain on your harness so weights don't hit your chest.
    If you have a loading pin for plates thats even better.
    Reps are better and safer as the neck can be a vulranble area for injury if you haven't worked it before.
    The back neck and upper traps tie in together so trap work/shrugs with back neck raises will help that area.
    You should also wok the front area also.
    I do neck curl laying on a bench,head over the end with a weight plate and towel for padding,on my forehead back and forth.
    Start very light and slowly ease into it.
    Good luck.