rubixcube30 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to lean muscle gain. First time trying it!

I’m a 35 year old woman 5’0, 120lbs and a vegan. I’m in pretty good shape but now I just want to learn to eat enough on a vegan diet and gain muscle. I’m trying to venture out and try something new. Any advise how many reps, weight, and what foods I should focus on? More protein? More calories? Any advise will help me start this new journey. Thank you in advance. 😊

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by rubixcube30 View Post
    I’m a 35 year old woman 5’0, 120lbs and a vegan. I’m in pretty good shape but now I just want to learn to eat enough on a vegan diet and gain muscle. I’m trying to venture out and try something new. Any advise how many reps, weight, and what foods I should focus on? More protein? More calories? Any advise will help me start this new journey. Thank you in advance.
    It would probably be better to post this in the Nutrition and/or female bodybuilding sections as they get more traffic.

The bottom line with veganism is that it's doable - but it can be harder to get enough protein and there are probably some other nutrients that you have to work harder to get like calcium, B vitamins, creatine etc. You may have to get familiar with an app like cronometer.com and read the sticky threads in the Nutrition forum.