yezidiarmenia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up What is a reasonable goal when trying to lose weight but still gain muscle?

Hello everyone!

I just started getting back into fitness and am excited to join yall in this selfimprovement journey! I've gotten a little chubby tbh and am working hard on getting fit again. I just got no idea on what results to expect/aim for.

I was wondering what you'd recommend me to aim for as a goal. I know 2 pounds is healthy for a montly weight loss goal but how about when you are lifting weights and trying to gain muscle?

What should I aim for as a 1/3/6/12 month goal?
    I'd like something reasonable so what is the least I could expect if I eat 500 cal beneath my BMR. Lift weights 3 times a week and make sure I drink 2,5 L of water daily.

Some info:
    Height: 174 cm/5'8,5 ft
    Weight: 73.4 kg/162 lbs
    BMR: 1712 cal. With 1-3 exercises p.w: 2353 cal.

Thank you in advance!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you eat at 500 cals under your TDEE (note: not your BMR, that does not include daily activity) then you will lose 1lb a week - which is OK but you aren't exactly heavy so maybe it should be slower and limit yourself to going no lower than 155lbs.

Once you reach that, up the calories and aim to progress with muscle and strength. You should be doing weight training anyway, even during dieting - but in a higher calorie phase is when you need to really push to advance every session or every week to force your body to adapt.

Do a routine like Fierce 5 in the workout programs section. This will manage this process for you.

yezidiarmenia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you eat at 500 cals under your TDEE (note: not your BMR, that does not include daily activity) then you will lose 1lb a week - which is OK but you aren't exactly heavy so maybe it should be slower and limit yourself to going no lower than 155lbs.

Once you reach that, up the calories and aim to progress with muscle and strength. You should be doing weight training anyway, even during dieting - but in a higher calorie phase is when you need to really push to advance every session or every week to force your body to adapt.

Do a routine like Fierce 5 in the workout programs section. This will manage this process for you.
    So would you recommend me to aim for 155 in 2 months and then just start bulking? Until what weight before I start cutting and in what timeframe should I become that weight?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Doesn't pay to plan too far ahead.

Mass gain should be slow - by then you should know your TDEE fairly well. Just add 200 calories to that and keep going for as long as possible before you feel too fluffy.

chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yezidiarmenia View Post
    Hello everyone!

I just started getting back into fitness and am excited to join yall in this selfimprovement journey! I've gotten a little chubby tbh and am working hard on getting fit again. I just got no idea on what results to expect/aim for.

I was wondering what you'd recommend me to aim for as a goal. I know 2 pounds is healthy for a montly weight loss goal but how about when you are lifting weights and trying to gain muscle?

What should I aim for as a 1/3/6/12 month goal?
    I'd like something reasonable so what is the least I could expect if I eat 500 cal beneath my BMR. Lift weights 3 times a week and make sure I drink 2,5 L of water daily.

Some info:
    Height: 174 cm/5'8,5 ft
    Weight: 73.4 kg/162 lbs
    BMR: 1712 cal. With 1-3 exercises p.w: 2353 cal.

Thank you in advance!
    Any calorie calculator is going to be inaccurate. You can use your BMR as a starting point but don’t think it’s 100% correct.

Also 2 lbs a week for your size is too much. 1% of body weight loss per week will let you keep your muscle and have the opportunity to build some while in a deficit. The smaller your deficit the more muscle you will build.

nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by yezidiarmenia View Post
    So would you recommend me to aim for 155 in 2 months and then just start bulking? Until what weight before I start cutting and in what timeframe should I become that weight?
    The timeframe and weight you reach aren't that important. If I was you, I'd shoot for 500 calories under TDEE, lose around 1 pound a week and keep going until you're happy with how lean you are. After that, I'd eat a little about maintenance. If you're a beginner at lifting, you could gain about 2 pounds a month and nearly all of it should be muscle. As for workout routine, I'd second the recommendation for fierce 5. The author davisj3537 even has instructions on what to do if you're cutting to prevent stalling your lifting progress.