gohanhd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rate my workout / give adivice on what I should change

Right now I got only 2 real good days to work out. Also I have question like should I have squats and deadlift on the same day type question.(will post more quest later)

My goal when I can do all my sets for said exercises set of minimum, increase reps for next time till I reach max reps for exercises then increase wight then start over again.

Day A
    Deadlift [6-8reps] 3 sets
    Barbell squat [10-12 reps] 3 sets
    Barbell Bench Press [8-10 reps] 3 sets
    Pendlay Rows [8-10 reps] 3 sets
    Dumbbell overhead press [10-12 reps] 2 sets
    Lateral Raises [15-20 reps] 2 sets

Day B
    Smith Machine Squat [10-12 reps] 3 set
    Dumbbell lunges [15-20 reps] 2 sets
    Dumbbell Incline Press [8-10 reps] 3 sets
    Cable Rows [8-10 reps] 3 sets
    Lateral Raises [15-20 reps] 3 sets
    Hammer curls [8-10 reps] 2 sets
    Triceps Rope Push down [8-10 reps] 2 sets

paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks decent, you've got progression. The down side is that you don't have enough frequency, although that is probably work related and beyond your control. What you could do is buy a set of adjustable dumb bells and do a 3rd and 4th workout at home.

Rows, OHP, lateral raises, lunges, hammer curls, overhead tricep extensions and pistol squats can be done at home for a 3rd and 4th workout.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Looks decent, you've got progression. The down side is that you don't have enough frequency, although that is probably work related and beyond your control. What you could do is buy a set of adjustable dumb bells and do a 3rd and 4th workout at home.

Rows, OHP, lateral raises, lunges, hammer curls, overhead tricep extensions and pistol squats can be done at home for a 3rd and 4th workout.
    The thing about that is I hate working out at home, a lot times I just half ass if I do. (I got bands and a pull up bar right now)

paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gohanhd View Post
    The thing about that is I hate working out at home, a lot times I just half ass if I do. (I got bands and a pull up bar right now)
    Give yourself a dedicated space to working out. Put up some posters of Arnold, a poster of dumb bell exercises, etc to give yourself the atmosphere of a home gym.

Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gohanhd View Post
    Right now I got only 2 real good days to work out. Also I have question like should I have squats and deadlift on the same day type question.(will post more quest later)

My goal when I can do all my sets for said exercises set of minimum, increase reps for next time till I reach max reps for exercises then increase wight then start over again.

Day A
    Deadlift [6-8reps] 3 sets
    Barbell squat [10-12 reps] 3 sets
    Barbell Bench Press [8-10 reps] 3 sets
    Pendlay Rows [8-10 reps] 3 sets
    Dumbbell overhead press [10-12 reps] 2 sets
    Lateral Raises [15-20 reps] 2 sets

Day B
    Smith Machine Squat [10-12 reps] 3 set
    Dumbbell lunges [15-20 reps] 2 sets
    Dumbbell Incline Press [8-10 reps] 3 sets
    Cable Rows [8-10 reps] 3 sets
    Lateral Raises [15-20 reps] 3 sets
    Hammer curls [8-10 reps] 2 sets
    Triceps Rope Push down [8-10 reps] 2 sets
    What do you mean by “only two real good days”. To me that tells me you could make time a third day to do it, even if it isn’t a “real good day”. One way to look at that is twice a week is 100 workouts in a year, but three times is 150. If you really want to commit to the gym life, you will be able to find the time to get the extra day in im sure. You get back from it what you put in, and a lot of that comes down to attitude and consistency.

Remember, over time you will probably need to increase volume to keep seeing consistent results. How will you manage that if you literally have 2 hours free to workout in a 168 hour week?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

I might be able fit another gym day in but would have to be a "B" workout or similar since the "B" gym has no free wight barbells and just Smith machine.

Originally Posted by TonedJordan View Post
    What do you mean by “only two real good days”. To me that tells me you could make time a third day to do it, even if it isn’t a “real good day”. One way to look at that is twice a week is 100 workouts in a year, but three times is 150. If you really want to commit to the gym life, you will be able to find the time to get the extra day in im sure. You get back from it what you put in, and a lot of that comes down to attitude and consistency.

Remember, over time you will probably need to increase volume to keep seeing consistent results. How will you manage that if you literally have 2 hours free to workout in a 168 hour week?
    It's more of just right now kinda of deal since I dont have a car right now and and the gym I want to go to is not open weekends because the virus. My workdays are 10 hours days...and with bus rides it will be hard to fit in workouts and get enough sleep.

But I might try to fit another "B" like day if I can get this this to work out smoothly.

Make your own home gym. You can use a bunch of water balloons in a bag for free weights. You can use buckets filled with water. You can use a backpack filled with water balloons, etc.

To quote a movie phrase "You improvise, you adapt, you overcome." Many years ago I had a broken tractor implement (bush hog) in a field and no means to fix it. I improvised a welder from 3 car batteries, jumper cables and vice grip pliers. I was able to weld the broken piece of the 3 point hitch top link with my improvised welder.

This week I will try for 3 day workout at the gym to see how it goes.(well monday... )

Should I do another "B" or something on 3rd workout day?