Mrbt17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Water intake and water retention

I am really struggling with water retention. For a long time, I had been drinking loads of water, because I thought that you were supposed to in order to avoid water retention. Sometimes it did help, but usually I experienced that every single time I had some kind of diuretic in the evening (whether that was e.g. alcohol or coffee), it alwwaaays ensured that I woked up the next morning with no water retention or puffiness whatsoever.

For a period of time I have tried limiting my water intake, but now when I drink certain diuretic drinks the water retention get even worse! So it seems like these diuretics helps relief water retention when drinking loads of water, but not otherwise?

It is such a "weird" puffiness. Like I can feel it in the morning when I have it without even looking in the mirror. I feel this kind of pressure around my eyes. I am so extremely tired of this, and it is not just the "usual" water retention/puffiness from a little too much sodium. Here I just look completely off.

Anyone that knows what I can do ... ?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    What are your stats? Both body composition and lifting stats would help - a picture would be better.

You shouldn't need to do anything special for water retention unless you are just about to do a bodybuilding show.

I wouldn't recommend routinely using diuretics.

I'm guessing you are skinny and trying see abs - but they keep coming and going because of normal water weight shifts. The answer will be to stop doing this and focus on muscle gain for some time. After this, it will be much easier to maintain definition. Just a guess, I could be way off of course.

Mrbt17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    What are your stats? Both body composition and lifting stats would help - a picture would be better.

You shouldn't need to do anything special for water retention unless you are just about to do a bodybuilding show.

I wouldn't recommend routinely using diuretics.

I'm guessing you are skinny and trying see abs - but they keep coming and going because of normal water weight shifts. The answer will be to stop doing this and focus on muscle gain for some time. After this, it will be much easier to maintain definition. Just a guess, I could be way off of course.
    Hmn, the water retention I am describing and annoyed with is in my face. Like my whole face just look puffy, so it's actually not my body and definitions that I am worried about.