Toby1950 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any stories of Achievement despite being in a comfortable or wealthy environment?

Hello maybe this thread can be motivating to someone. I need stories or names of people succeeding at a goal that required hard work despite coming from/being born in a middle class/wealthy family or extremely comfortable environment.

I always see people coming from humble beginnings working hard but how about people succeeding that come from comfortable beginnings? The ones that didn't have to work hard but did anyway... and maybe even made a name for himself or herself... Is there anybody like that?

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't know if you're going to get flack for this post but my 2c:

My parents were very very well off (my dad worked for Microsoft), I wasn't spoilt, they never spent money for the sake of it and I never had the latest phones, we always had lame TVs etc. But at the same time the house was huge and we never had to worry about anything. If I was in a financial emergency I could always turn to them.

I descended into extreme drug addiction and alcoholism for many years, became a needle user for several years and even after I kicked that was pushing 5 bottles of wine a day. My mental health was an abject shambles especially after witnessing the death of my best friend. Needless to say my work-life was erratic or just non-existant, my gym life was sporadic (and also usually non-existant) and my weight swung wildly from anorexically skinny to boozy plump.

I am now clean and dry (although sometimes I still struggle with that last), am at a good bodyfat and have some modest mass that makes me happy. I have a long term girlfriend who has stuck by me and I'm in a steady and well paid job. I have settled on a medication that keeps me mostly stable and although life is still hard I am 1000 miles from where I was. I refer to myself as a 'middle class casualty'. Although my strong supportive base in my parents has undoubtedly allowed me to survive with a roof over my head where other addicts would have been on the street and has given me the opportunity to take greater risks with my career than someone who has no safety net, I still got to where I am through commitment, willpower, nerve and the ability to aim for goals I thought were beyond me, and have the faith that I could meet them.