TheoCy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face Skinny Fat for 29 years / I always give up to my excuses.

Hey guys,

My name is Theo, 29 years old. Always been the skinny fat type of body.

I started exercising more times than I can even remember. Tried many types of exercising, but I never managed to do it over a substantial period of time.

I always just crawl back to my routine. And give up.

It's just excuses. It's just avoidance of the difficult. I know... But obviously I always lose this fight.

I am seeking for some extra motivation. To hopefully break that wall for once.

I don't want to get huge... I just want to be able for once to see my body with some noticable muscle and a couple of abs would be great aswell.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheoCy View Post
    I don't want to get huge... I just want to be able for once to see my body with some noticable muscle and a couple of abs would be great aswell.
    Depending on your starting point, you're probably looking at a year or more of effort. Is it worth it to you? ONLY YOU can decide that.

I CAN tell you this though, in 12 months you'll be 30 (and exactly a year older). Do you want to look like you do now or closer to your goal? The time will pass regardless. How you 'use' it will determine your level of success.

Response

I dont actually over think about the future.
    I just find myself crawling back into bad habits (not working out/alcohol).

I guess it never came to the point that I made a "true" commitment on this. And I want to, I just don't know how to actually commit strongly and stick to it.

Thanks.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Fake it until you make it.

Just go to the gym 3x a week, every week without fail whether you feel like it or not. Just like you'd go to work.

Usually, this forms a habit and you might even start enjoying it, especially if you see steady progress. It's best to measure progress in terms of gym lifts - doing more reps or more weight than you did last time.

Use a ready made program like Fierce 5 to structure this progress for you. Stick with it, follow the instructions and aim to progress how it describes.

You will see improvements in your skinny fat status over time - but don't keep looking for them. Like I said, form a habit of going to the gym and focus on improving lifts. Body changes are much slower and subject to our own twisted view of our selves.

Skinny fat for 29 years

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Fake it until you make it.

Just go to the gym 3x a week, every week without fail whether you feel like it or not. Just like you'd go to work.

Usually, this forms a habit and you might even start enjoying it, especially if you see steady progress. It's best to measure progress in terms of gym lifts - doing more reps or more weight than you did last time.

Use a ready made program like Fierce 5 to structure this progress for you. Stick with it, follow the instructions and aim to progress how it describes.

You will see improvements in your skinny fat status over time - but don't keep looking for them. Like I said, form a habit of going to the gym and focus on improving lifts. Body changes are much slower and subject to our own twisted view of our selves.

Thanks for the advice mate. I'll get ve this another shot.

Geralt67 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Depending on your starting point, you're probably looking at a year or more of effort. Is it worth it to you? ONLY YOU can decide that.

I CAN tell you this though, in 12 months you'll be 30 (and exactly a year older). Do you want to look like you do now or closer to your goal? The time will pass regardless. How you 'use' it will determine your level of success.
    this **** is gold. listen to this guy, I just have