slojure is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tanita body fat %

Hy
    My body fat was measured with Tanita and results are 3.8% body fat. My numbers are:
    66kg, height 181cm, age 30 . Verry active during day. Well when look myself in the mirror...dont know but, doesent seem like 3.8 body fat. I dont know is it possible that i have water retation? I was restricting my calories in the past ( i hardly ate 1800kcals). Now i eat 2500 - 2700 everday.
    So my question is, how accurate is Tanita on body fat %?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Tanita - and BIA devices in general are garbage. Being 3.8% and alive are almost impossible.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Tanita - and BIA devices in general are garbage. Being 3.8% and alive are almost impossible.
    So how much can % then fluctuate from 3.8?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are truly 3.8% bf, you'd be close to dying.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by slojure View Post
    So how much can % then fluctuate from 3.8?
    Put it this way, unless you can see sharp ab definition, you are definitely over 10%.

If you can't see any, probably 14%+

Put it this way, unless you can see sharp ab definition, you are definitely over 10%.

If you can't see any, probably 14%+
    Yes i think to, i have more than 10% bf. So that thing slow metabolism due to calorie restriction really exist? Because my body didnt get enough calories than just turned what i was eating in to fat?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes i think to, i have more than 10% bf. So that thing slow metabolism due to calorie restriction really exist? Because my body didnt get enough calories than just turned what i was eating in to fat?
    You have a lot of unlearning to do from your faith in bad technology and your understanding of your physiology.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Your body is probably telling you not to try losing weight at 66kg. Build some muscle first then try.

Your body is probably telling you not to try losing weight at 66kg. Build some muscle first then try.
    Ok, will do. What do you think its better; body weight exercises, or weight lifting?

Ok, will do. What do you think its better; body weight exercises, or weight lifting?
    They are both that same thing: resistance training.

Just that weights are more versatile and easier to adjust. Having said that, pullups are the best lat builder IMO.