Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Advice for recovery from work

I am a custodian for a school, now with this whole covid thing, I have been doing all types of physically intense jobs, I come home almost daily, and I can hardly lift my arms. It is a job, not like working out at a gym where I can let my muscle recover for 24 - 48 hrs. No, I have to be back at work the next day, and be able to function; I am not used to this - Any advice on how I can speed up my recovery time and do my job from day to day - by friday I feel mostly dead, and my muscles have nothing left, and a two day weekend is not long enough to recover from a week of steady hell on my muscle - some days have even brought my muscles to muscle failure.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All I can advise is to eat more and sleep more....
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Faithbuilders View Post
    I am a custodian for a school, now with this whole covid thing, I have been doing all types of physically intense jobs, I come home almost daily, and I can hardly lift my arms. It is a job, not like working out at a gym where I can let my muscle recover for 24 - 48 hrs. No, I have to be back at work the next day, and be able to function; I am not used to this - Any advice on how I can speed up my recovery time and do my job from day to day - by friday I feel mostly dead, and my muscles have nothing left, and a two day weekend is not long enough to recover from a week of steady hell on my muscle - some days have even brought my muscles to muscle failure.
    The advice to eat and sleep sufficiently is good. The key is where you said "I am not used to this." That's exactly what's going on. It takes time to adapt to the new stressors you're experiencing. Be patient with yourself, eat well, sleep well, grab good rest when and where you can.

I hope it works out -- and I hope you're getting paid well!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) haha8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just sleep 8 hours everyday

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would say if the work is really heavy then use your job to make progress until you get used to it. Eat right and try to sleep right, then when your work isn't gassing you out start to throw in some workouts here and there. No point in wrecking yourself right?

Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faithbuilders will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you for the advice - I do sleep, even tho I seem to wake up still tired. And also any ideas on what foods are best to speed up recovery?

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you for the advice - I do sleep, even tho I seem to wake up still tired. And also any ideas on what foods are best to speed up recovery?
    If you are sleeping but waking up tired, then you may have issues with sleep apnea (a condition that is more likely if you are carrying some extra weight). You may wish to see a doctor about setting up a sleep study to see if this is an issue for you.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There's no magic food, just make sure you get enough of it, carbs, fats, and protein. If your work consists of primarily lower-exertion activities that tax your endurance, maybe emphasize the carbs more. If it consists of a lot of high-intensity activity that fatigues you you quickly, maybe more protein. Also creatine might help in that case.

These are just guesses, nobody can give you a spot-on assessment from here. Bottom line is just eat well, minimize junk food, and maximize sleep.

Stay away from the TV.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This happened to me some years ago when I had no money, I couldn't even afford to commute to work so someone lent me a bicycle. I was totally unaccustomed to any cycling, I did zero cycling. But suddenly I had to cycle 50 minutes to work, then another 50 minutes home. I had no choice, cycle or I'd lose my job. The first Monday wasn't too bad, but by Friday evening cycling home I was in such pain

Likely it will gradually get worse over the first week. The second week will be real test of mental strength (just keep going). The third week will be increasingly less bad. The fourth week you'll have ordinary levels of sore here and there but you'll have beaten it.
    Hot baths and sleep

EDIT: Actually the timescale above was based on when I was completely un-adapted. Since you were recently adapted you have muscle "memory", so you should hope to do this more quickly. Maybe some point during 3rd week you'll have returned to previous capability? Good luck
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 06-30-2020 at 03:04 AM.

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    If you are sleeping but waking up tired, then you may have issues with sleep apnea (a condition that is more likely if you are carrying some extra weight). You may wish to see a doctor about setting up a sleep study to see if this is an issue for you.
    Yes, according to my snoring my wife thinks I do have the symptoms of sleep Apnea; I got tested, and they said no. (I don't know how they could test me tho, I swear I did not sleep at all that night.) My dr did have me try the CPAP thing for sleep apnea, but I am too sensitive of a sleeper, and I could not sleep with that thing on my face; after about 3 days of no sleep, I gave up on the CPAP!

Thank you everyone for your advice.

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, according to my snoring my wife thinks I do have the symptoms of sleep Apnea; I got tested, and they said no. (I don't know how they could test me tho, I swear I did not sleep at all that night.) My dr did have me try the CPAP thing for sleep apnea, but I am too sensitive of a sleeper, and I could not sleep with that thing on my face; after about 3 days of no sleep, I gave up on the CPAP!

I snore loudly but I do get good sleep. I got a Snorex mouth guard thing and it works perfectly. The first three nights were terrible getting used to it, but soon after it was fine. Everyone is happy now
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is physically intense about a custodian's work. I'm seriously curious .... aware me

cleaning up barf?
    (Marshall McLuhan)

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    This happened to me some years ago when I had no money, I couldn't even afford to commute to work so someone lent me a bicycle. I was totally unaccustomed to any cycling, I did zero cycling. But suddenly I had to cycle 50 minutes to work, then another 50 minutes home. I had no choice, cycle or I'd lose my job. The first Monday wasn't too bad, but by Friday evening cycling home I was in such pain

Likely it will gradually get worse over the first week. The second week will be real test of mental strength (just keep going). The third week will be increasingly less bad. The fourth week you'll have ordinary levels of sore here and there but you'll have beaten it.
    Hot baths and sleep

EDIT: Actually the timescale above was based on when I was completely un-adapted. Since you were recently adapted you have muscle "memory", so you should hope to do this more quickly. Maybe some point during 3rd week you'll have returned to previous capability? Good luck

A 20 something kid that I worked with several years ago was completely out of shape .... never in shape .... with a bad attitude. He lost his license for stunt driving speeding on a highway. He started biking to work, about a two hour trip each way. He started eating a lot of fish, in fact it's all we ever saw him eat. He then started roller blading to work. In one year the transformation was unbelievable, including his attitude. When he got his license back he continued to roller blade or bike to work, unless it was winter with lots of snow.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Actually then that sounds like it is a big part of your problem.

Back when I was a lot heavier (over 240 pounds) my snoring/apnea was ruining my night's sleep. I would be in bed 9+ hours and still feel terrible the next day.

However, since I lost the fat (now 163 pounds) both the snoring and apnea have gone and now I can be in bed for 7-8 hours per night and wake up feeling great the next day.

I'd recommend trying to find some way to address the sleep issue either by learning to adapt to the CPAP machine or possibly by dropping some weight.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Protein, aspirin, water and rest...those are my go too's for muscle soreness. Also spend time stretching. It will as well.
    ---Chicago Crew---
    ♒Morning_Workout_Crew♒

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel mostly dead, and my muscles have nothing left, and a two day weekend is not long enough to recover from a week of steady hell on my muscle - some days have even brought my muscles to muscle failure.
    You will get better after about a month or two. No amount of food or sleep will help, but time. Your body will learn more efficient way of moving while performing those specific tasks. Muscle cells will be more efficient at storing energy. Things like that.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey faithbuilders, you just about to start week 3??
    How are things now, are you starting to see yet that you're going to win this battle

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You have to learn to pace yourself.

A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A-man is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nothing fancy. Just make sure your sleep and diet (especially calories) are on point. Don’t over do it in the gym either. Be laser focused and go in, get it done, then leave.

AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sleep eight hours daily and eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Nothing new. Try taking omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil supplement) and turmeric/curcumin to ward off muscle soreness. If there's no available massage therapist in your area, try foam rolling. There are plenty of good foam rolling exercises on YouTube. Good luck!