weightloser11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile I'm newbie, needing some advice.

Hello everyone,

This is my body and I'm 26 yo. I'm also 5 feet 11 inches tall. I realised I should lose too much weight to be healthy and better looking. I need your advices about what to do. Especially during coronavirus process, we're not supposed to go out much. I'm not even sure. Also, I'm wondering how much time do I need to spend to be a healthy person.

I'm 117 Kg, which equals to 257 lb and 15.05 Oz.
    I want to be 80 kg, which is 176 lb and 5.917 Oz.

Thanks for your help.
    Edit: Also, I think i need some motivation.
    Attached Images

Protein (g)
    Fat (g)
    Carbs (g)
    Calories

I have searched and these are my needs in a day i suppose. If I'm doing wrong, please tell me.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That seems reasonable. Remember that you can exchange some more fats or protein calories for carb calories - if that helps planning meals. No need to hit exact numbers - but you don't want to go under those protein/fat numbers.

Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by weightloser11 View Post
    Protein (g)
    Fat (g)
    Carbs (g)
    Calories

I have searched and these are my needs in a day i suppose. If I'm doing wrong, please tell me.
    At 258 pounds, unless you spend the entire day lying in bed, you "need" more than 2272 calories per day to live. You are probably closer to 3000+ cal/day for maintenance, so at 2270/day it should cause you to lose close to a pound and a half per week. Keep in mind though that as you lose weight, your body will need fewer calories overall each day than when you were heavier so if you continue eating at 2270 cal/day by the time you are down to 200 pounds, your daily deficit will probably be down to only 400-500 cal/day.

Losing weight, especially going from morbidly obese to fit, requires a lot of hard work and dedication to that goal. Even more importantly, failing to understand that the process is a permanent change in lifestyle and not a "diet plan" with an end point is critical in keeping the fat off permanently.

Failing to understand either of those points will ultimately lead to failure in either losing the fat or in keeping it off long term.

You have to be willing to learn how to weight/measure and log literally everything that goes into your mouth in order to re-learn concepts like "proper portion size", "Macro nutrient values", and calorie amounts for what you are eating each day and understand that while no food is essentially "forbidden" that there are some foods which are a lot better for you to eat than others.

Becoming more active is also critical in re-training yourself into becoming a healthier, leaner person. Walking more is a good start however you will also need to find ways to stress whatever muscle that you do have under the fat in order to cause your body to prioritize pulling calories from your fat stores while in a prolonged calorie deficit rather than breaking down lean mass. Weight training is optimal for this, however if you do not currently have access to weights or a gym, even a calisthenic program of bodyweight exercises (Squats, pushups, Etc.) is better than doing nothing at all to stress your body.

Understand that at your body fat levels, this process when done right will likely take a year or more and that even after the fat is gone that if you want to keep from simply re-gaining is all back again that you will still have to continue with many of the habits and eating patterns that you developed to lose the fat for the rest of your life.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    At 258 pounds, unless you spend the entire day lying in bed, you "need" more than 2272 calories per day to live. You are probably closer to 3000+ cal/day for maintenance, so at 2270/day it should cause you to lose close to a pound and a half per week. Keep in mind though that as you lose weight, your body will need fewer calories overall each day than when you were heavier so if you continue eating at 2270 cal/day by the time you are down to 200 pounds, your daily deficit will probably be down to only 400-500 cal/day.

You have to be willing to learn how to weight/measure and log literally everything that goes into your mouth in order to re-learn concepts like "proper portion size", "Macro nutrient values", and calorie amounts for what you are eating each day and understand that while no food is essentially "forbidden" that there are some foods which are a lot better for you to eat than others.

Becoming more active is also critical in re-training yourself into becoming a healthier, leaner person. Walking more is a good start however you will also need to find ways to stress whatever muscle that you do have under the fat in order to cause your body to prioritize pulling calories from your fat stores while in a prolonged calorie deficit rather than breaking down lean mass. Weight training is optimal for this, however if you do not currently have access to weights or a gym, even a calisthenic program of bodyweight exercises (Squats, pushups, Etc.) is better than doing nothing at all to stress your body.

Understand that at your body fat levels, this process when done right will likely take a year or more and that even after the fat is gone that if you want to keep from simply re-gaining is all back again that you will still have to continue with many of the habits and eating patterns that you developed to lose the fat for the rest of your life.
    Thank you for your reply. I also thank the other person above your comment.
    This ocmment exactly point out my worries. Gyms are open here but the problem is whether it's risky or not. I think it must be safe if i wear my medical mask (not the ones some brands sell) and never take it off, I think i might be safe, right? If you go to gym regularly during coronavirus and caught no coronavirus, that can kinda prove it's safe.

As far as I understand, the best way is not to do cardio, but to lift weight. So, I will also need some plan for this. And If i work out with weight, I'm not sure how much colories to take in that scenario.

Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. Some low intensity cardio (like walking) is fine.

2. As to the gym situation, that is dependent upon your local gyms, the rules in place where you are, Etc. so I can't comment on that directly except to say that you should probably do what you are comfortable with. As I said before, at your weight, simply doing bodyweight exercises (squats, pushups, chin-ups Etc.) will stress your muscles enough to be somewhat effective in the meantime.

3. Do not attempt to adjust your daily calorie intake based upon what you think that you may have burned through exercise. If your plan is to eat "2270 calories/day" then stick to that for at least a few months until you have a handle on just how accurate you are with your calorie counting and consistent you are with weight loss.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    1. Some low intensity cardio (like walking) is fine.

2. As to the gym situation, that is dependent upon your local gyms, the rules in place where you are, Etc. so I can't comment on that directly except to say that you should probably do what you are comfortable with. As I said before, at your weight, simply doing bodyweight exercises (squats, pushups, chin-ups Etc.) will stress your muscles enough to be somewhat effective in the meantime.

3. Do not attempt to adjust your daily calorie intake based upon what you think that you may have burned through exercise. If your plan is to eat "2270 calories/day" then stick to that for at least a few months until you have a handle on just how accurate you are with your calorie counting and consistent you are with weight loss.
    Thank you soo much, mate!
    1) Then I'll do some cardio 30 min before I start, or gym will take like 30 min to walk. Then, I'll just walk rather than taking a bus maybe.
    2) Probably I should just visit the gym to see their precautions to stop this virus indoors.
    Chin-up is too much difficult when you're morbidly obese person, it's impossible. But maybe I can give it a try to lift some weight. I'm not sure to what extend I should lift tho. Like 30 kg for feet lifting machine or dumbells for 5 kg for each arms/hands etc...
    3) I'm going to set it up at 2270 calories as a start. Then, if i see the results, I'll keep doing like that as you mentioned. Thank you again.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    As for the virus thing, I suggest don't use the changing room, arrive in fitness clothes. As soon as you've touched your first piece of equipment, assume your hands are contaminated, don't touch your face or eyes AT ALL until you leave and apply hand sanitiser before getting in your car. Then put your clothes straight in the washing machine at home and have a shower. Wipe your car seat and steering wheel with antibac wipes.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    As for the virus thing, I suggest don't use the changing room, arrive in fitness clothes. As soon as you've touched your first piece of equipment, assume your hands are contaminated, don't touch your face or eyes AT ALL until you leave and apply hand sanitiser before getting in your car. Then put your clothes straight in the washing machine at home and have a shower. Wipe your car seat and steering wheel with antibac wipes.
    Actually I don't have a car so that will reduce the amount of things to clean hehe. I'm just kidding. The thing is... I really do not know how I shouldn't touch my eyes and face after sweating a lot. Also, I think i wont be able to touch my mouth because I'll be wearing a mask maybe, or shouldn't I wear a mask?
    Thanks for your helping btw.

Many gyms have a machine for assisted chin-ups to help you develop the muscles required for the exercise.

Failing that, there are other options such as resistance band assisted chin-ups, and simply using a stool to climb up to where you are already in the position of a completed chin-up on the bar and either just hanging there until failure or to resist the eccentric portion of the exercise (the drop) as much as you can, multiple times to also work those same muscles.